Help! - Halifax DPA problems.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A request was sent on the 17th January requesting information under the Data Protection Act, which included a £10 cheque to cover admin, this cheque was never cashed.

After 40 days of no response a second letter was sent on 27th February and still no documents were sent. Finally, on 12th March, I sent a Letter Before Action, underSection 7 Data Protection Act 1998 and this morning a letter was recieved asking for a £5 payment to cover admin!

The question is should I send another cheque for £5 and give a further 7 days, or should I start action on the basis that a cheque has already been sent, even if it wasn't cashed? If I just ignore it and send another cheque, what is to stop them from not cashing it and refusing to the supply the information on the grounds that payment hasn't been made?

I just feel that they have been given more than enough time to sort out this matter, it is now more than 2 months since the original request. This is nothing more than a delaying tactic and I don't see why they should be allowed to get away with it.

Halifax

- Subject Access Request 19th June

- Statements Recieved (17 envelopes!)

- Preliminary Approach for £785 25th June

- Offer of £60!

- Declined offer and LBA sent 6th July

No response from Halifax

- Money Claim case filed 18th August

- Papers Served 23rd August

- Acknowledged 28th August

- Paid in Full ! 30th August

Might be an idea to phone them. I know not everyone was as lucky who had similar problems but I was in the same boat as you and then phoned them. They were very apologetic and I had the info within a week!

BOS

Claim No.3 for £589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!

Claim No.4:- claiming £1507.00, Court Papers submitted 5/4 !