Halifax Savings acc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Don't know if this belongs in here, but I have a Halifax Savings acc, and have noticed, despite being told it is a no-no, I can set dd's up on the acc, and even better, should they not be paid, I don't get charged. Halifax are adamant that I can't have dd's on this acc, but no one has yet cancelled them, and it has been like this for the past 3yrs! Just thought I'd tell everyone, after reading how we're being screwed left, right and centre by banks, and the unfair charges.

• 2 months later...

Last week I sent Halifax the letter template number 2, along with copies of statements. Today I received a reply, basically claiming the charges are fair and claiming that the letter in actual fact refers to credit card charges. Now, I have readthe letter and can find no mention of credit card charges anywhere. What do I do now? I had a look at letter number 3, but not sure if that the right letter to send next?

Last week I sent Halifax the letter template number 2, along with copies of statements. Today I received a reply, basically claiming the charges are fair and claiming that the letter in actual fact refers to credit card charges. Now, I have readthe letter and can find no mention of credit card charges anywhere. What do I do now? I had a look at letter number 3, but not sure if that the right letter to send next?

I pressume by letter no 2 you mean the prelim letter? Ok if so then you need to send the LBA this gives them a further 14 days to comply with your request.

Read through tht FAQs and the step by step instructions, these will guide you through the process.

Right, sent LBA yesterday (29/5) by recorded del, rang them today to confirm it had been received and they confirmed it had. In the conversation I found out that the original letter (prelim?) was treated as a SAR, despite me providing them with all the statements, and that they refuse, point blank, to give a breakdown as to how they arrive at their charges. I was also told that the 14 days I gave them will be ignored, instead they aim to respond by 8 weeks. So I guess, come the 12/6/06, I can start court action? Or does it have to be 14 working days?

I'm not claiming a huge amount, £470, but its proving to be a useful experience in preparation for taking on the mortgage companies next.

Thanks for people's advice and help so far, its been invaluable.

Right, today received through the post, a list of charges applied to my account, which I apparently requested? Can't see how, as I sent them copies of statements with the 1st letter and made no mention of a request for their list. Also, their list and amount of charges is less than what I have asked for, I'm asking for £470, they say it's £340! They have decided that the 1st letter sent to them wasn't a pre lim, but a SAR request... As far as I can see, they can think whatever they like about the letters, it's now 10 days til I start the court action....

Can someone please clarify whether it is 14 calender days (2 weeks) or 14 working days?