• Tweets

• https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/408156-cabotnolans-spc-claim-old-next-cat-debtclaim-dismissed/page/4/#comments https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/404240-arrowshoos-spc-old-newday-aqua-credit-card-debt-claim-dismissed-no-dn/page/4/#comments default notice win  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/407490-meiii-cabotnolans-spc-claim-old-yorkshire-bank-loan-2nd-claim-dismissed/  
    • It follows a public backlash after stores were told they could not sell items such as clothes. View the full article
    • With regard to your question on post 207 if you bring in the points that I made on the validity of the contract they are supposed to have with Peel holdings then mention that there are already doubts about the validity of the contracts that are being used by the PPCs and the OPS is a classic example. Once you are on there you should then try and get your other point in after that.   if it is in connection with the extra charge of £60 remind the Judge that the charge has been defined by many Court across England that the charge is an abuse of process which was covered in PE v Beavis at point 198    " The charge has to be and is set at a level which enables managers to recover the costs of operating the scheme"  IE the £100 charge covers all their expenses so nothing should be added.   as their WS claims an extra £60 that could be judged as perjurious since it is an additional sum that should be known by VCS and the author of the WS as a double recovery. Especially as they have already lost in Court for the same reason.   Another cause to prove that they do not comply with their Code of Conduct. file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/CamScanner%2008-05-2020%2016.34.59.pdf  Byelaws are statutory not arbitrary as their WS said on no .42 .   Best of Luck.   The above URL does not work but this one does http://forums.National Consumer Service.com/index.php?showtopic=133001    [20.1 is where  VCS  lost then 20.2 where they appealed and lost again . But read the whole thread as it may help you in other ways too.
    • Sian Williams from Indonesia takes us through her week during the coronavirus pandemic. View the full article
    • stop doing nolans job for them... there are numerous threads here in the same forum yours is in     no DN info to follow   dx    
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5226 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

well i used the online statement check instead of waiting for loads of paper to maybe turn up, and i knew i had paid quite a bit over the last 6 years but omg

£4115 :o

now the problem i have is that its quite a large sum of money and wouldnt that mean that the bank would put in more of an effort to get it back? as opposed to say £500 they would just write off and not think about it, what do you guys think, should i ask for the lot?

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

The lot.

You don't ask, you tell!

Up to you of course but I know what I'd do.

Nemo me impune lacessit!

The hours of folly are measured by the clock; but of wisdom, no clock can measure.

As long as one person lives in darkness, then it seems to be a responsibility to tell other people.

ok ive read as much as i think is possible (no doubt i've missed something), and ive got all the dates of individual charges logged down, i've calculated my interest aswell, i know i dont need this yet but its quite an eye opener (£731)

so i'll be sending my preliminary approach for payment on monday by recorded delivery to my local branch for the full £4115

will let you know how it all goes

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

actually just had another question, im going to address my letter as follows

the branch manager

so and so bank

blah blah blah

do you think this will be ok as i cant find any specific information for who the branch manager is and i dont have time to go and see them in person

ta in advance :)

oh and another thing ( i know too many questions :) )

just in the hope that i do eventually get my money back, i was curious as to what it costs this site to stay open for a month, to get an idea of how much to donate, whilst i do understand that its down to the individual, i feel that without this site i wouldnt even be aware that i could get any money back so i would owe you guys big time

Using seperate thread for any random questions, to keep this nice and clear as a diary so:

22/05/06 preliminary request for payment sent to alan pretty

Best place to send it is the local branch.

As long as the amount you are claiming is

Donations are voluntary, but you could consider a percentage of your claim (and a nice percentage is 5%, which still leaves you with most of your refund...)

Good luck, and don't enjoy the fight too much...:)

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

posted preliminary approach letter today recorded delivery

14 days are ticking...

Good luck.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

cheers spiceskull, hope it goes just like everyone elses,

ta very much, i thought it may be better to try and bypass the levels of red tape, so i sent it straight to the ever nice mr pretty, well i'll soon find out

Request for repayment of charges

My request

I am writing to ask you to refund to me the charges which you have levied from my account over the last XXXX years.

I now understand that the regime of fees which you have been applying to my account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent consumer regulations. If you say that they are not, then will you please demonstrate this by letting me have a full breakdown of the costs to which you have been put by as a result of my breaches, in order to reassure me that your penalties really do reflect your costs.

Additionally, it has now been confirmed that your particularly high level of penalties are considered to be unfair per se by the OFT who reported on the 5th April 2006 and are therefore presumed to be unlawful in the absence of specific proof to the contrary.

spiceskull, this is taken from the preliminary i sent, now if the bank acknowledges

receipt of this letter, and still does not provide proof of costs, then sureley they are admitting that they cannot,

I merged this post into your own thread - comments in other people's threads are fine, but this query is specific to your own...sorry and all that :mad:

Regarding the question - all that you can expect is that they wiil say the charges are fair etc, and that they will defend them in court. They are not admitting anything, and only a judge can compel them to reveal costs...and we know that this won't happen...

cheers spice, i know i should of put it in my thread, its just it was also relevant to the other thread aswell, thanks for answer anyway :-)

• 2 weeks later...

ok its been 2 weeks since my prelim went out, so nothing from the bank whatsoever, are they even responding anymore?, anyway LBA goes out tomorrow recorded delivery

on a side note, got a little worried whilst watching trevor mcdonald program on itv, what if the banks do actually want to make a fight of it, which surely they must do at some stage, because if the forums activity is anything to go by theres going to be a lot more claims soon, anyhoo

received the standard c**p from the ever present mr beaumont in leeds ,

blah blah, charges fair etc

doesnt really matter as i'd sent out my lba the day before it arrived, as i was sticking rigidly to my timetable, its not my fault the banks are too slow to react ;)

Keep going...it's worth it in the end.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, mcol filed in , details pm'd to bf

hmm its a bit different when its your own case , rather that giving out advice isnt it?, im actually a litttle unsure as to what to expect

-revisits faq's for 94th time :-D

ok just checked my mcol and they have acknowledged the claim, little help here im not completely sure what the next sequence of events is going to be (looks at spiceskull)

:rolleyes:

You will receive their acknowledgement in the post stating they intend to defend. You will also receive (probably on the same day) a letter from DG solicitors offering you the full amount as long as you don't tell anyone.

Cross out the confidentiality bit, send it back and you'll get your money.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

received confirmation from the courts today that the bank does indeed intend to defend the entire claim, pff , bring it on

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5226 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you