How do abbey play the game

albbyswife
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello

sent off my prelim letter and got standard reply then sent off my lba letter, and got 2 more standard letter saying they still looking in to the complaint, the 14 days are up on friday!

What is the standard procedure with abbey national, do they always take it to the end or should i say close to the end before paying out????

Has anybody won without filing in court or is this standard way to win

I have read lots of threads in which people file in court and then they defend , then have to file in AQ's and prepare court bundle and then just before court date , abbey give up and pay!!

Is it worth trying to phone them up before filing in court to see if they would like to settle or will it be just a waste of time??

Or would it be easier just to go to the oft ( i think that is who it is!) to get them to look into the claim for you!!!!! And if it is easier can you do that with a closed account that is with a debt collector??

Sorry for all the questions!!!!!!!

But any help with this would be good!!!!

thanks

Hi aw,

The only thread that I have found that actually bucks the trend you so accurately describe is this one

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/53962-cunnington-abbey-startred-14-a.html

I reckon it's worth a try because at that point you've got nothing to lose.

The only other "odd"ones are those where I reckon Abbey have slipped up and forgotten to file a defence.

By the way albyswife, how did you get on with your CCI spready calculations? I'm busy trying to understand it for when I have a claim against Capital One.

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

hi there, there is no standard rule where Abbey is concerned. But they do like to drag things for as long as possible. Sometimes settling on the morning of the hearing. As to claiming from a closed acc yes you still can claim this.

your Q about the OFT, its up to you but this is something that you can do yourself and besides, you've already started the process.

hi bp

Was just finding out all the info, because as money is tight at the moment i know the court costs arent the cheapest so now i will have to start saving up for the fees, lol for the n1 cost and looks like the AQ cost aswell:o :o :o :o

I know it can be frustrating especially when you know(well almost) that they'll pay up in the end, i'm just doing my court bundle now which is going to court this Fri and i would rather not spend any of my money buying stationary. So far, the ink alone has cost me £40! Really its up to you. A lot of people say not to bother calling Abbey cause if there is a deal to be had, they'll contact you. However, i know of people who have had some money back at this stage cause they called Abbey. If you decide to contact them, make sure you know what you are going to say and if you are willing to settle for less then what they've taken from you, then make sure you have a figure in your head. Be confident and good luck