style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone please help?

My son bought some essential New windows when his baby daughter came home from hospital after a major 9 hour heart operation after her birth. He signed for HP on the windows and paid approx £24 a month as arranged on a 120 months contract. He arranged a direct debit which was taken every month untill £440 had been paid. His ex partner had left him weeks after the babys birth and due to him having to have time off work to be with baby in hospital, some of his bills got behind and the bank eventually closed his account-mainly due to their charges which we are in process of recovering. However this week he recieved a letter from the finance company who gave him the loan asking for £1950 immediately. When I spoke to their solicitor he said there was no way my son could avoid paying the full amount as the extra was CONTRACTUAL INTEREST. Can anyone please tell me if this is correct. The solicitor said I could not ask for statements showing the charges, but eventually I have traced the loan company itself and got a kind person to send me the statements.(waiting for these) I explained that my son could only afford £1 a week and if it went to court they would be lucky to get that, I explained that if I could get interest taken off I myself MIGHT be able to pay the debt off. Where do I stand regarding this? Can ANYONE help please.