Unusual letter from A&L - what now??

claire1976

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I filed my claim online after A&L turned down 2 requests for refunds.

This morning I got a letter with a copy of the 'Acknowledgement of Service' that they have filed with Northampton Court. What does this mean?

Are they defending the claim and will I have to go to court? HELP!!!!

I filed the claim on 15th March, the letter is dated 19th and all it says is 'Please find enclosed copy of the Acknowledgement of Service that we have filed with Northampton County Court.

The copy is enclosed but the letter doesn't say anything else. I now understand that this allows them 28 days to file a defence rather than the initial 14. I hope to god I don't have to go to court!

Hey there,

This is mostly scare tactics, they file defense in the hope a, to scare you off and b, incase you have made mistakes in filling mcol and they can et it thrown out,

have a read of the following:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/57707-draft-order-allocation-questionnaires.html

They will probably pay out before the court date. You will be asked to fill in an AQ .

I think, and I could be wrong that no one has actually gone before a judge for bank charges yet as the defense would have to disclose the details of their charges and they really really do not want to do that!

:D

OK thanks for your advice. Fingers crossed they'll pay up, I'm only claiming £726 +interest and costs which is paltry compared to some of the other claim stories on here!

I'll post any updates if and when I hear anything.