I don't know what to do!

kadee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in a bit of a bad financial situation and I don't know what to do....I have quite a few debts, and at the moment I can onlt afford to pay back the minimum payments, but this leaves me with no money after my bills have been paid, and I don't know what to do. I have tried rininging them to explain that I am struggling, but because I haven't missed any payments or lost my job they won't do anything to help me, and I have a very bad credit rating already so I don't want to miss anymore payments. I am sorry if I am posting in the wrong place, but I don't know what else to do.

I am in a bit of a bad financial situation and I don't know what to do....I have quite a few debts, and at the moment I can only afford to pay back the minimum payments, but this leaves me with no money after my bills have been paid, and I don't know what to do. I have tried rininging them to explain that I am struggling, but because I haven't missed any payments or lost my job they won't do anything to help me, and I have a very bad credit rating already so I don't want to miss anymore payments. I am sorry if I am posting in the wrong place, but I don't know what else to do.

Hi, my heart bleeds for you. Like Karnevil, I was in this position too. Just to expand Karnevil's reply a little, the CCCS's details are below in full...

----------

Our FREEPHONE helpline is open from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday

phone.gif

If you want to write to us our mailing address is:

Consumer Credit Counselling Service

Wade House

Merrion Centre

Leeds

LS2 8NG

CCCS - Contact Us

----------

Once you have contacted them they will give you a unique reference number which you can quote to your creditors, at which point their attitude will change somewhat. You shouldn't be forcing yourself to make payments that you can't afford leaving yourself with no money.

The CCCS will give you a telephone appointment time, and they'll even contact you, in my case I couldn't do it at home and they called me at a friends house. They'll go through all your finances with a toothpick and if things haven't changed since I dealt with them you've got to include a part of your budget for pleasure.

Forget your credit rating if it's already screwed, that's not important now!

The outcome will be that they will work out a complete budget for you, the worst you'll have to do is stand up to the debt collectors and make it plain that the CCCS are dealing with your finances now.

Just promise me two things..... That you'll start to de-stress and start getting some sleep! You're in the right place now, NO-ONE will judge you here, and whenever you need any help you can always come back and ask again. ;)

Best Regards, good luck, Dave.

• Haha 1