• Tweets

• Hi All,   Apologies for the Quality of the PDF.. I had to Compress the crap out of it as it's 50 pages.. but it's still readable.. these grabbed my attention:   Page 1 Claim @ £185.. Not sure if they are going to present the other claim for £220 on Page 49 as the "Paralegal" looks like he is running this Dog & Pony show and may send an Advocate Page 7 [18] Apparently I am naive Page 14 [47] The Paralegal may not be able to attend..  Page 40 [3] I made a cut & paste error here.. wrong company & wrong amount.. not much I can do about this..   I will  also include in my own WS Dave's suggestion on the Kangaroo Court & Jake's letters if found..   VCS Witness Statement 20-01-21_V1-Upload.pdfLet me know your thoughts,   Regards Tom  
    • Claimants do not use witnesses to present the case.....counsel are not witnesses to the claim.    The receipt of Lowells DQ is not confirmed precedence of the claim.....check the status of the claim on MCOL and see if it states DQs sent out.
    • It also says that claimant has 28 days after receiving a copy of defence to inform court if they wish to proceed. I dont have a date but would assume that they received their DQ after I filled my defence and that they issued me a copy dated 6th Jan, so roughly speaking they have 28 days from 6th Jan to inform court.
    • Husband and I have finally saved deposit to buy our house and seen a house we like so I checked my credit reports before we give the mortgage broker the thumbs up!    I knew something would come and bite me on the bum!    I had an overdraft with lloyds which I have not accessed since 2013. They have sold to Arrow Global who have put a big fat default on my account. It shows on my transunion credit report as pasted below. Defaulting in April 2020.     I did not change my old address with them. I am unsure how to approach this as cannot be sure it is statute barred as it is an overdraft (even though I have not touched it, acknowledged it since 2013). The default date shown is Nov 2015 but not reflected in the way Arrow Global are sticking the defaults on. Should I send a 'statute barred' or 'prove it' letter? Should I dispute with the credit reference agency? I am unsure!    I would like the default off the account the quickest way possible to have a clean credit report!      OVERVIEW   Account type Current Account   Status Default   Account number     Last updated 2020   Start date  2008     PAYMENT INFORMATION   Opening balance £1,199   Repayment frequency Monthly   Date of default Nov 2015   Promotional rate No     PAYMENT HISTORY     J F M A M J J A S O N D 2020       D D D D D D D D D     OK   Missed payment -- No data D Defaulted     BALANCE OVER TIME   Your balance has not changed since Jan '20.   APR '20 | £1199MAY '20 | £1199JUN '20 | £1199JUL '20 | £1199AUG '20 | £1199SEP '20 | £1199OCT '20 | £1199NOV '20 | £1199DEC '20 | £1199£1299£0JAN '20JAN '21
    • Just looking at their DQ answers, why have they put down 0 for How many witnesses, including yourself, will give evidence on your behalf at the hearing?   Does that inc other lawyers? Surely that should say at least 1.
  • Our picks

• Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies
    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies

Halifax card services......please help..

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5036 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone,ill start from the beginning. I started a claim for charges back for my hubby from halifax card services. I wrote the letter requesting statements 26th feb 07,received them all,totalled up charges £896.00.Wrote them the letter asking for charges back their 14 days will be up this friday 23rd march.Hubby recieved a letter this morning 20th march (letter dated 12th march)sataing halifax clearly outlines its charging policy blah blah and they regret to advise they are unable to refund the charges in question.Has anyone else had this response?? Should I file the court claim on friday as planned or write another letter telling them their response is unacceptable. I m also going after halifax current account for £1633.00 in bank charges.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GRATEFULLY RECEIVED

My letter stated they would offer have the charges from 2001 to July 2006 - but not up to date.

I have just issued a small claims proceeding, so would suggest you do similar.

Have you got copies of all the statements and details of charges? If so carry on!

12-03-07 Halifax Received £1800

05-06-07 Halifax II Small Claim Served for £2503

Capital One - Won £768

Halifax Credit Card - Won £756

Shellywelly,

It's quite safe to assume that the Halifax operate in accordance with some sort of procedure to help minimise their costs; it's also safe to assume that a lot of that procedure is designed to narrow down the number of people claiming, by discouraging them as soon, as strongly, and as often as they can. Thus out of a hundred people who start a claim, maybe fifty (as a guess) will finish it. One thing's for sure, though; the fifty that don't pursue their claim to the end probably don't know about this website. :)

Never give up, never back down. Carry on until you get what you want - everybody gets their refund in the end, provided that they don't get discouraged.

THANKS CAVEMAN N NOODLE.RANG CARD SERVICES THIS AFTERNOON AND TOLD THEM I WAS DISAPPOINTED IN THEIR REPLY.FELLA PUT ME ON HOLD TWICE THEN CUT ME OFF.HE SAID IT WAS MY OBLIGATION UNDER THE TS AND CS NOT TO GO OVER LIMIT OR BE LATE WITH MY PAYMENTS.AND IF I HAD ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY I HAD TO PUT IT IN WRITING TO THE COMPLAINTS DEPT. I FEEL A FOOL FOR NOT STANDING MY GROUND. DONT KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO NOW. :confused:

Carry on! It is their responsibility to operate your account in a lawful manner. Not impose charges on your account which are disporportionate to the actual costs involved in levying them.

You will get all YOUR money back.

12-03-07 Halifax Received £1800

05-06-07 Halifax II Small Claim Served for £2503

Capital One - Won £768

Halifax Credit Card - Won £756

I got what sounds like the same letter this morning.

I used it to light the fire.

I'll be filing on MCOL on Monday when the 14 days I gave them is up.

Unless of course they've refunded me!!!!

I'm in charge of this - not them!

Don't be scared of them, it's your money claim it all and to hell with them.

A D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.

...Hubby recieved a letter this morning 20th march (letter dated 12th march)sataing halifax clearly outlines its charging policy blah blah and they regret to advise they are unable to refund the charges in question.Has anyone else had this response??...

Hi Shellywelly. I was going to post a similar scenario about Halifax Card Services myself!.

I sent the initial letter just over two weeks ago and haven't heard anything. I rang Customer Relations in Leeds to enquire if I should have sent the letter to Leeds instead of Fife and he basically said it doesn't really matter as they get passed on anyway. He then kept me holding on whilst he investigated for me (to try and get a named individual at Fife that I could chase up) and then informed me that a letter had been sent out to me over a week ago (which I have never received) and also informed me that it basically stated they were not going to refund the charges. He also added, if this result isn't to my satisfaction (!!!), then the matter would eventually pass to Customer Relations in Leeds.

I have sent my second letter to Fife today giving them a further 14 days and if this doesn't get a result, then I will start a county court claim.

Maybe you could keep me posted Shellywelly on your progress.

Does anyone know if Halifax Card Services operate differently from Halifax plc in relation to bank charge reclaims?

Hi Breezy Day

It Does Look Like Were In The Same Boat,ive Just Posted My Lba This Morning To The Fife Office.i Will Keep Everyone Informed.im Hoping For A Happy Ending.fingers,legs And Eyes Are Crossed For Everyone,its Just A Waiting Game Now.

I Flagged A Bit When I Got Their Knock Back But Im Back On Track Now, In For A Penny N All That.

Take Care Shelly

Quick Question

I Sent The Letter Requesting The Money Back From Hali Current Account,theyve Replied On The Tenth Day,(the Standard 8 Weeks Blah Blah Blah) Do I Have To Wait For The Full 14 Days To Be Up Or Can I L.b.a Their Arses Today.

Any Advice Appreciated.

Shell

Hi Shellywelly,:grin:

Rich

If I Were You Id Take The Money And Run Before They Change There Minds.

You Must Have The Midas Touch,im Struggling With Them At The Moment.

Take Care Shell

thanks for that i think i will cut and run, the lady i spoke to sorted it all out in the space of a week from requesting my statements to getting it back - pls find below her details and contact number:

Karen - Visa Services - 01383 842 195 (direct number)

very helpful lady:grin:

hope she can do the same for you

regards

Rich:cool:

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone,ill start from the beginning. I started a claim for charges back for my hubby from halifax card services. I wrote the letter requesting statements 26th feb 07,received them all,totalled up charges £896.00.Wrote them the letter asking for charges back their 14 days will be up this friday 23rd march.Hubby recieved a letter this morning 20th march (letter dated 12th march)sataing halifax clearly outlines its charging policy blah blah and they regret to advise they are unable to refund the charges in question.Has anyone else had this response?? Should I file the court claim on friday as planned or write another letter telling them their response is unacceptable. I m also going after halifax current account for £1633.00 in bank charges.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GRATEFULLY RECEIVED

Shelly, how have you got on with Halifax Card Services - any further development?

Breezy

Breezy v Halifax

HI Breezy

Received a letter from Halifax yesterday saying that my visa card is due to expire in june and having reviewed my account they will not be issuing another one until further notice. I am 5quid in credit and pay 50quid a month.I am gonna go through all the statements and find out when the balance has been higher and ask them why they didnt stop my card then.I am convinced theyre doing it because im going after the charges.I am due to file to mcol tomorrow. Hows are things going with you? I hope youre having better luck than us.

Take care Shelly8-)

HI Breezy

Received a letter from Halifax yesterday saying that my visa card is due to expire in june and having reviewed my account they will not be issuing another one until further notice. I am 5quid in credit and pay 50quid a month.I am gonna go through all the statements and find out when the balance has been higher and ask them why they didnt stop my card then.I am convinced theyre doing it because im going after the charges

Unfortunately, if you are close to your limit, I think it is pretty standard anyway not to renew and if you get the charges back, you could put it towards the outstanding balance. I know it takes a long time to reduce, but the options are applying for a card elsewhere (and possibly build up more debt) :( or sticking with it and at least you still retain the account even if your card isn't renewed at this moment in time.

I am due to file to mcol tomorrow.
Let me know how you get on with this.

Hows are things going with you? I hope youre having better luck than us

Regarding my Visa card, I received a letter today quoting all the usual garbage about their charging policy etc and then making a minute offer (1/6 of the total I am claiming) which I am going to decline. As they have made an offer of some sort, I have decided not to go ahead with court yet and give them one more chance accepting it as part payment only.

Breezy

Breezy v Halifax Bank Accounts

Breezy v Halifax Card Servicesl