Gearbox v Lloyds - help needed please

gearbox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, can anyone help me please.

I'm getting ready the prelim letter and spreadsheet of bank charges and just wanted to check I'm doing it right.

Have read loads from the site but I'm still confused....or thick, lol.

I'm claiming on 3 fronts. My a/c, joint a/c (even though there is no joint anymore) and I'm helping my son do his claim.

The thing I'm most confused about is the interest.

I have put down excess fees for going over o/draft, unpaid s/o and d/d fees and just need to know if the interest charged every month...classed as overdraft interest can be included now.

I've seen where it states interest @ 8% can be added when (and if) it gets to the court stage but want someone to advise me if I can add the monthly overdraft interest fees at this stage.

...and do Lloyds always send the statements requested in so many envelopes? My sons a/c came through in over 90 seperate envelopes!!!

I'm still waiting for mine as I've moved a couple of times and they wouldn't send mine to this address...so I'm awaiting a call or a letter telling me when I can pick them up from the local branch.

Have realised since sending the SAR that I could have got all the info from the online banking site for my sons a/c and the joint...but not for my sole account as Lloyds have taken that one off of the online banking...and the loan a/c too..oh well.

thanks in advance for any help

Gearbox

Hi

You can claim some parts of the o/d interest but not all, you would have to use one of the spreadsheets to work it out. In my case, the amount of o/d interest was not worth claiming. The spreadsheets should work out how many days since charges automatically for you. I think I used one of the "Simple" spreadsheets when I did my claim.

Good luck, let us know if you have anymore questions.

Barty:)

• Haha 1

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Thanks Barty,

the o/d interest on my sons a/c is approx £700 which is about a third of all the charges.

Most months he has been charged around £20 o/d interest.

Will have a look for the 'simple' spreadsheet...will do fine as I'm feeling a bit simple at the minute, lol. Lousy head cold and stressing over these charges too.

I have 602 on this puta but not Word...so hope the Simple sheet will work with that.

I'm not hot on technology either ;)

Thanks again

Gearbox

Thanks again Barty:)

Have now done my spreadsheet (1st one...2 to go)

Want to get the letter done now to send with it.

Can you or anyone suggest where to find a good (short, lol) prelim letter?

Gearbox

Here you go:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html

Send it to:

Customer Care

Lloyds TSB

125 Colmore Row

Birmingham

B3 3SF

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

I'm having doubts that I've done everything right and just want someone to put my mind at rest.

I've just copied the prelim approach for payment letter and the bit about what I require states ' I calculate that you have taken xxxx plus xxx which you have charged me in overdraft interest.

I thought you couldn't put the overdraft interest on...I'm doing my sons a/c at the minute and he's been charged over £700 for overdraft interest.

I just want to claim back everything that I can for him

HELP please

Gearbox

Hi Barty and I'm sorry but I still can't understand what I should be charging them for.

I've filled in the spreadsheet not putting any of the amounts that say

Charge...overdraft interest

they do add up to over £700 though.

The spreadsheet works out 8% interest, I know...and that doesn't go with the prelim letter/or the follow up...I get that, lol

I just don't want to undercharge them. Want to get every penny that I can out of them.

I'm nervous of making mistakes and just want it to be right.

Is it legal to put the whole of these overdraft interest charges on?

Corrrr....wish I knew what I was doing, lol.

thanks again

from a very thick Gearbox

Have a read of this link, it is quite complicated to understand, you're not thick!:) :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

See if that helps, I didn't claim o/d interest so I only used the "simple" ones, you would need to use the "Advance" one I think.

Hi Barty...thanks again.

I've had a look at those spreadsheets and have decided Lloyds can keep the £700, lol.

I'm nowhere near confident enough to even give them a try.

So I'll stick to the Simple....perfect for me, lol.

Appreciate you replying, thank you very much

Gearbox