• Tweets

• Hi all 👋   New here, sadly with problem.   This is B2B, not if this is allowed here.   My business has been contacted by CJCH solicitors (by email), two days ago allegeing use of Solidworks without a license.   Today we have been emailed again by a Maria Vinces of 3DS, with a techincal letter attached which included the mac address of two PC's and products with unauthorised use.   Further to the email we also received a phone call from the above from a Spanish number to discuss this.  I've basically told her to write to us and hung up.   Thing is the two mac addresses detailed in the letter do not appear on our network.   We also have a licensed copy of SW, installed and in use on the PC with a dongle, which we have had since 2012, and updated yearly until 2016 (this was via Solidcam). We have recently renewed our maintenance through Solidcam to the most recent version.   To me this screams of a scam, hence the reson for posting here.   Should I continue to ignore as has been suggested in other posts, or should I respond to their emails.   Thanks SolidScam      
    • Follow the instructions of the court. Also write them and to the other side that you did not attend because you were ill with Covid. The court will be completely understanding of this. You have had a series of phone calls I understand. You've been here since 2018. We have advice plastered all over this forum about recording your calls and how important it is and also our customer services guide. Have you read our customer services guide? Why haven't you been recording your calls because if you had you wouldn't have these gaps in your recollection. We don't post up this kind of advice for a joke
    • here is their supplemental WS Supp WS.pdf from VCS.pdf redacted.pdf
    • Welcome to the forum – and welcome also to a whole group of victims – although that probably won't make you feel any better. Can you please post up the service document in PDF format. Has it got MOT? What was the date of that? Which dealer's name did you actually buy the car from? How much to the car cost, what make, model, mileage, year? How much did you pay through finance – and what finance company did you use? How did you pay the rest of the cash balance. Was the finance on hire purchase or was it simply a loan with which to purchase the vehicle? Whatever the situation – and even if they apparently no longer exist, you must reject the car under the Consumer Rights Act. You are just within 30 days so you must write them a letter to their last known address – send it recorded delivery – in fact special next-day delivery and make it clear that the car which you bought has manifested serious defects and therefore you are asserting your right to reject the vehicle for a refund as it happens within the first 30 days of ownership. Send this letter straightaway. If you bought the car on hire purchase then send an exactly similar letter but addressed to the finance company and make it clear that they are responsible because they are the owners of the car and they have effectively sold to you and therefore you are asserting your rights under the consumer rights act. If it is not hire purchase then send them a copy of the letter which you have sent to the dealer and send a covering letter pointing out to them that under the consumer rights act, the contract is now void and as they, the finance company have provided the finance for it then there's is an ancillary contract which is also void. Tell them that you want to know what arrangements they are proposing to make to unravel the contract. You had better be assertive with them straightaway because believe me, all finance companies will drag their feet. So make it clear to them straightaway that you won't stand for any nonsense and that you're prepared to go to court to unravel the contract and to get any money back from them. Make it clear to them that you are completely familiar with your rights under section 75 of the consumer credit act 1974 which make them, the finance company, equal with the dealership in their obligations towards you Please answer the questions above and also confirm that you have sent the letters I have suggested – straightaway. That means draft the letters, post them up here if you want a quick scan of them from us and then get down to the post office for next day delivery. Don't hang around. This is a serious matter
    • hello there   just want to remind you of this case i had vs roadster, the blown turbo and poor customer service    I had covid during this period so was unable to attend.   the other side also did not attend.   i have received a letter today from the court, the parties are to attend an adjourned dispute resolution hearing 6th may 2022   i received the letter today the 20th, and was told that i have to file at court and serve on each other copies of the documents i intend to rely on (by today the 21st!!) but not limited to:   claimant:    invoice from defendant   invoice from company carrying out remedial work   copies of any emails/texts/letters sent to or received from the defendant branch or head office   i have printed out x3 copies of the remedial garage invoice i have also printed out copies of all emails we have exchanged.   there are gaps, as we had a number of telephone conversations, and as it has been a while i am kind of forgetting the sequence of  events?   i think it looks good for me that roadstar did not attend, do you have any advice on how to proceed?   all i can do is print off what little paperwork i have.   thanks for your time   gavin 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

Yourshire Bank court action

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you for the advise Bankfodder. I have prepared the MCOL and saved it until I have seen Whistleblower on Wednesday.

I used the local branch address of Yorkshire Bank, the system could not confirm this address but I guess it is still valid.

I'm claiming £2911 plus int.

Will keep you up to date with progress.

Salsaboy

Sounds a good idea to wait.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I think you'll find New Street Law is being rescheduled. I would seriously wait.

What's Best for You?

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks Caro

Todays paper does show it as being Whistleblower tonight at 9, so I will hold on to the MCOL and watch the program. I have read the artical about the program in todays Daily Mail, so I just hope it good news.

Salsaboy

I hope so too, although Barclays seem to be the main focus of the programme. We'll soon know, and a day won't make that much difference to your claim.

What's Best for You?

• 2 weeks later...

Well the MCOL has gone in and Yorkshire Bank have sent their acknowledgment to the court, of which I now have a copy.

I addressed my claim to Yorkshire Bank at my local branch address in Blackpool, the area office in Leeds has written to say it has gone to the legal department.

Now the acknowledgment has come from Legal Services in Glasgow.

Interestingly they have said under

Defendant's name if different - Clydesdale Bank

I read a tread the other day saying Yorkshire Bank defended saying the name was wrong and should be Clydesdale Bank plc trading as Yorkshire Bank.

So they dont seem to know what they are called :lol:

I will wait for their further comments.

Salsaboy

Clydesdale Bank and Yorkshire Bank are both part of the National Australia Group.

What's Best for You?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

After having sent in my MCOl, Yourkshire bank had 28 days which runs out at the weekend, but today I recived a copy of there defence. Not sure where I go from here.

Basically they are saying that;

1 Their name is wrong as I only put yorkshire bank.

2 The they have lists all the original agreement on their charges.

3 Basically they say mishandelled the account.

Now sure where i go now, assume i will get something from the court.

Salsaboy

Standard stuff. The court will be in touch.

What's Best for You?

• 2 months later...

This is just an undate on my claim, I had sent in my court action, and have been waiting for a date. Recently the court gave me a date in August.

However the Clydesdale Bank PLC t/a Yorkshire has made an offer "without prejudice save as to costs". The offer is they say "for the full value of your claim" but is around £500 short of my figure, and they have not provided any explaination as to where their figure has come from. So where do I go from here.

I intend rejecting the offer as it does not agree my figures, and setting out again how I get to the figure i claimed. But is there any way, I can include charges put on my account since my original claim was sent in to the court.

Salsaboy

• 2 weeks later...

Current update on my claim.

The bank have replyed, looks as if i have made a mistake on the MCOL. the total claim I entered was the actual total of charges, I had shown the interest separatly, but did not add it on to the total claims figure. I'm I restricted to the total figure shown in the MCOL. The bank have offered this amount, but of course I am not getting any of the £500+ interest.

Salsaboy

Salsaboy

Current update on my claim.

The bank have replyed, looks as if i have made a mistake on the MCOL. the total claim I entered was the actual total of charges, I had shown the interest separatly, but did not add it on to the total claims figure. I'm I restricted to the total figure shown in the MCOL. The bank have offered this amount, but of course I am not getting any of the £500+ interest.

Salsaboy

Strange isn't it that they've offered to settle considering they are supposed to be gearing up to a big test case in the Autumn lol!:D

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

You could amend your claim to add on the additional charges and the interest. It may delay your case a bit, but contact the court and see if you can amend your claim and keep the original court date. It's worth a shot. You need an N244 and 35.00 which you cannot claim back. Worth it for 500 quid I would say, especially if you can get wasted costs too.

What's Best for You?

Caro

Thanks for that.

I have taken to N244 (in triplicate) to the court and paid £65 Court Fee. They have listed this for hearing on the same day as the main claim.

But it looks as if it may be straight foreward, My original MCOL had the figure of actual charges in the claim section, but I had put full details of my interest calculation under the Particulars Section so it is easy to see the mistake i have made.

So I have now written to the bank to advise them of this action, after all it was them would told me the interest was on the MCOL but not included in the total. They have offered the full amount of default charges, but would not move on paying the interest as well.

Now just need to wait for the court hearing.

Salsaboy

They never are keen on paying interest until the last minute. Start thinking about your bundle, and if you pm your email addy to me I'll send you info on CYNthesys.

What's Best for You?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Caro

Thanks for the advice, I've just had 3 weeks holiday sailing so have not been on line.

I had written to the bank telling them I had subbmitted an amendment of my claim to the court, but have not had any reply.

Now I in court on Friday 17th this week, and slight panic setting in, my "bundle" is this what I am taking to court and what I say to represent myself.

Also you lost me with e-mailing my "pm", so any further advice would be much appreciated.

Salsaboy

If it's your full hearing on Friday your court bundle should have been in by now I should think. It normally has to be with the court and the defendant 14 days before the court hearing.

Get it done as a matter of urgency and grovel to the court to ask them to accept it late. You might get away with it. There's a good chance that YB will try and stay the case anyway in the light of the OFT test case. Take a copy of this to court with you on Friday, or if YB have already indicated they are applying for a stay, take it to the court when you take your bundle.http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/17065-application-removal-stay-updated.html

The basic bundle can be found here.http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

What's Best for You?

Hi Caro,

The date for my bundle to be in was 13th August, yesterday. My hearing date is 26th October, sorry if I gave wrong impression.

I rang the court yesterday and YB havent sent them anything and told me to ring again on Thursday in case YB documents are delayed with postal strike.I have copied GaryH non-compliance letter to send to the bank

alex

I'm a bit lost as to why you said you were in court on Friday. You could send in the removal of stay but don't expect a bundle from YB. Did you send in the draft directions to the court, and did they use them?

What's Best for You?

Hi Caro,

I meant that I was in court offices to hand in my bundle last Friday.My AQ was dispensed with and the court sent me a letter with the date to have my bundle in by. I didnt send draft directions, just statement of evidence, copy's of letters from me and YB, schedule of charges, early day motions,relevant case law and many more. Have I done it wrong?