rejection of offer?

beacon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what the next step is . I have reviewed the templates but am unclear on what I should say in the next letter . This is the story so far.

16th Jan 2007 - requested statements letter

23rd. Jan 2007 - letter from barclays confirming they are sending them.

7th Feb 2007 - Letter and copy of statements received

22nd Feb 2007 Letter sent with schedule of charges asking for money back and indicating that if they do not respond ordo not respond positively we shall send a letter before action giving a further 14 days to reflect after which no further communication from us and we shall issue a claim at the expiry of the second deadline.

9th March 007 Barclays respond offering the sum of £690 towards total amount of £1320 claimed in full and final settlement.

Question?

In declining this offer as full and final settlement and that I will accept this on an undestanding that the remainder is paid within the next 10 daysand that failure to comply with this request will result in legal action against you for full recovery as detailed in my previous letter. The rejecton letter as I understand says 'failure to comply will result in legal action against you for full recovery as detailed in my letter before action .

Have I missed something or do I have to send another letter indicating action or will this rejection letter accepting as partial payment suffice.

Beacon - the light is dim!

Have you actually sent a letter before action (as per CAG recommendations)? It seems you sent a letter on 22nd saying you'll send another letter giving 2 more weeks. Did you actually send that letter?

The rejection letter could act as that 2nd letter if you've not sent it already. If you have sent it then no need for another LBA.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

HI Advoc8,

No I didnt send another letter and by then Barclays had sent me there offer of £690. i.e. letter from them dated 9th March as 'goodwill gesture' in full and final settlement.

In view of this in my rejection should i give them 14 days to reflect and advise that after that i will accept as partial payment and will revise claim accordingly notifyiing them that after this period that legal action will be halted until such time as I receive full and unconditional settlement?

Beacon