• Tweets

• Breaking News Biden wins Kennedy family endorsement Fifteen members of the storied Kennedy political family endorsed U.S. President Joe Biden at a Philadelphia campaign event on Thursday, with some joining him onstage, in a rebuke of Robert F. Kennedy Jr's independent bid for the White House. and 30 members in the extended Kennedy family   nytimes.com WWW.NYTIMES.COM Kennedys endorse Biden over their relative RFK Jr WWW.BBC.CO.UK Robert F Kennedy Jr is running for president as an independent - but many family members oppose him. More than a dozen Kennedy family members endorse Biden, snub RFK Jr. | CBC News WWW.CBC.CA President Joe Biden accepted endorsements from at least 15 members of the Kennedy political family during a campaign stop...  
    • Speaking of Frost and Johnson the corrupt liars' grate deal they forced through   Shortages of life saving medicines has become ‘new normal’ for UK after Brexit WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK ‘The medicines supply chain is broken at every level,’ warns Dr Leyla Hannbeck   "Professor Tamara Hervey, of the City Law School, said: “There is nothing inevitable about this ‘new normal’ where Great Britain is isolated in efforts to manage fragilities in global supply of the products and people we need to run the NHS. It is the consequence of policy choices and those could be different.”     Mind you, the private sector is making hays while the NHS is burned. Private health insurance market grows by £385m in a year amid NHS crisis | Private healthcare | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Demand for private treatment booms as NHS waiting lists remain long, while more people also sign up for dental cover  
    • That's an idea on Maquarie. On being accountable, you also have to blame Ofwat and possibly the Environment Agency although they've been badly defunded. I put the Frost article up for balance.  
    • I agree HB, but there were no laws broken - its perfectly legal to fleece the UK and its infrastructure - and labour were little better than the Tories Perhaps an option would be to ban the aussie investment fund from the UKs markets
    • surprised you gave that frost article the light of day HB Long been the case that no further evidence of his wing-nutishness needed. Heck he even railed against the rubbish grate deal he largely created
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

everything is in the FAQ section

Halifax Credit Card - £408.16 - Settled in FULL 26/6/06

Halifax Loans - £397.97 - Settled in FULL 25/8/06

GE Money Topman £216.75 - SETTLED IN FULL

Marbles LBA - £475.00 - £250 Offered :rolleyes:

Halifax Current Account LBA - SETTLED IN FULL

Yorkshire Bank Current Accounts £2271.77 - Issued 30/6/06 - Default Judgement Issued - Warrant of Execution Requested

Capital One - LBA - £88 Knocked of Balance

Egg PPI - LBA

hand deliver but get a reciept

Halifax Credit Card - £408.16 - Settled in FULL 26/6/06

Halifax Loans - £397.97 - Settled in FULL 25/8/06

GE Money Topman £216.75 - SETTLED IN FULL

Marbles LBA - £475.00 - £250 Offered :rolleyes:

Halifax Current Account LBA - SETTLED IN FULL

Yorkshire Bank Current Accounts £2271.77 - Issued 30/6/06 - Default Judgement Issued - Warrant of Execution Requested

Capital One - LBA - £88 Knocked of Balance

Egg PPI - LBA

Received a letter this morning.Yorkshire bank have now decided to change the bank charges.From £30 to £12 for overdraft fees etc.I think its a bit to late for them now.Everybody wants there money back.But the handling fee has gone from £2.to £2.50.And when you do balance transfer its not £30 anymore its £2.It will be better for the future.But for now I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!

6 threads merged - please stick to one thread

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Has anyone got the address for custom and relations.Do i write to these before i get my statements. or when i have figure to ask for for a refund ?not to sure about this one.

Hi ! When you`ve got your statements and worked out a figure, then send of the prelim letter requesting a full refund. Its all in the FAQs

YB Data Protection Act letter sent recorded post 14-7-06

statements recieved 8-08-06

prelim letter sent 9-08-06

LBA letter sent 26-08-06

MCOL filed 18-09-06

AQ Filed 6-11-06

Court date 22-2-07

Called into my yorkshire bank today.I gave the guy my Data Protection Act and a fee of £10 For my bank statements backdated to 6yrs ago .He went into the back of the bank for about 10 mins.He came out with some sheet filled it in with my name address bank details etc.Said to me .You should receive something in a few days.Now its the waiting game.Really i should have got a receipt.Like i was told from people on the forum.But i was to busy telling a lady behind me about claiming her bank charges back.I wrote out this website told her to claim them back.That i forgot to get a receipt.Should i go back in and see the guy whom spoke to me

Hi ! When you`ve got your statements and worked out a figure, then send of the prelim letter requesting a full refund. Its all in the FAQs

Hi been into the bank today.Gave the guy £10 Quid. my letter Data Protection Act.he went in the back for ten mins came out with a sheet he filled it in my name adress.Bank details.Etc.Filled a smal receipt for my £10. quid.Really i shoul have got a receipt.Silly me.Then he said these will be sent out. Should i go back for a receipt?

It might just be worth sending a letter asking for a receipt if you are worried. If it was a cheque it shouldn't be a problem, but I wouldn't be too concerned unless the 40 days expires without hearing anything, but as you handed it over you know the bank has received your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request).

By the way, I have just merged yet another thread. Please just stick to the one as it is easier to follow your progress and help.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

It might just be worth sending a letter asking for a receipt if you are worried. If it was a cheque it shouldn't be a problem, but I wouldn't be too concerned unless the 40 days expires without hearing anything, but as you handed it over you know the bank has received your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request).

By the way, I have just merged yet another thread. Please just stick to the one as it is easier to follow your progress and help.

Sorry!:oops:

No worries.:)

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Just got all my statements back from bank.Back to 2000 Going to work now but will start adding up tonight.that didnt take long sent letter in on 15 august got them this morning. I wont know where to start.? Do i add charges on at the end?

Check out the FAQ's. You need to send a preliminary request for payment and a schedule of charges. You will find the letter and spreadsheet to do this in the bank templates library.

Check out the FAQ's. You need to send a preliminary request for payment and a schedule of charges. You will find the letter and spreadsheet to do this in the bank templates library.
Do i add all the charges they have applied to me On my statements Even the small amounts of interest .then do i add interest on? 8%. not to sure.I am scared of making a mess of it.I will get my sisterin law to add it up.I have added it up and it comes to £2.000 thats with out interest.But i will let sister in law double check it for me. Am i doing it properly?

Do i add all the charges they have applied to me On my statements Even the small amounts of interest .then do i add interest on? 8%. not to sure.I am scared of making a mess of it.I will get my sisterin law to add it up.I have added it up and it comes to £2.000 thats with out interest.But i will let sister in law double check it for me. Am i doing it properly?
sIster-in-law added it all up for meAnd the grand figure is £1867.32 Better in my pocket than there pocket.Now the fight begins.Second stage comming up!!!!!

Keep up the good work Maggie. I'm afraid you have quite a wait for your money, but that amount is well worth fighting for.

• 1 month later...

Hi can someone help me?I have tried to print of the this letter. But nothing prints on paper .The printer works.But it wont print off this letter.Imust ave wasted about 100 sheets of paper.Ihave tried to copy and paste this doesnt work either.Help anyone? I have all my statements it adds up to £1867.00 Ijust need this next letter to get the ball rolling. There is ink in the printer.It prints other things off but not this letter.I just dont understand.

is there ink in the printer

Yorkshire Bank Plc £3553.77 Prelim letter sent 14/9/06 LBA sent 22/9/06, MCOL Sent 10/10/06 MCOL Notice of Issue Rcvd 12/10/06, MCOL Acknowledged 17/10/06, £929.00 Offer Rcvd, 03/11/06 - Rejected, 09/11/06 YB Defended, 10/11/06 Transferred to Local Court, AQ Returned;) 30/11/06 Copy of Banks AQ Received, 1 month extra asked for by Clydesdale, 09/01/07 £2140.00 Offer Rcvd, 09/01/07 - Rejected, 11/11/07 Allocation To Small Claims Track, Court Date Set - 05/03/07, 15/01/07 £2590.00 Offer Rcvd, 15/11/07 - Rejected, 07/02/07 £3773.77 Offer Rcvd (FULL), 12/02/07 - Accepted, 21/02/07 - Chq Received for FULL AMOUNT. :)

Maybe try copy and paste into word and change the font colour to dark blue, sometimes I have to do this to make mine work

Started 25th Sep 2006 - got cheque on 4th December 2006. Settled without interest but full amount plus court costs :)

A & L Watch out buddy you are next 2007!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I have almost finished my spread sheets when as i am almost at the bottom of the sheet its stopped adding up the total.And stopped adding interest.Idont understand what.And some it has #NUM.In the interest box. And some boxs are emty Any one any ideas? cheers maggie

Hi Maggi

this happened with me too.It was ok for the visa acc as it was not as many entries.In the end what i did with the the curr acc (there were well over 250 entries) I started at the begining and went down to say cell 100 then stopped saved it and called it curr1 then started another spreadsheet and did the same and so on until I ended up with 3 spreadsheets.Then just added the totals and the interest totals of all three spreadsheets together to give my final figure.Hope this helps:-)

;) If this helps please click the scales bottom left

why did you not just insert some lines in between the working lines ?

Spanish Holiday Rental - 10% off BAG and CAG Members

www.rent-in-spain.org.uk

Progress so far:

Yorkshire Bank - LBA 26/07/06 £1001.00 - £500.50 offered and rejected

RBS Credit Card - Settled £200.00

Sainsburys - Settled in full £100.00

JD WIlliams - Settled in full £50.00

Argos Card Services - £98 - offered £60 and rejected.

Abbey Mortgages - MCOL 2nd October - Deadline 21st