Hsbc

chipper99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5813 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

I have done all the paperwork and decided to launch my claim in person at court rather than MCOL. I am claiming £2485 in total, including sat. interest. So tomorrow its a trip to court to get it sorted.

Fingers crossed!!!

Chipper.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the acknowledgement today saying that HSBC intend to defend all of the claim and the address for DG but no contact name. If im right, I think I now send them a copy of the POC and schedule of charges and interest??? Can anyone confirm this? Also do I add the interest on the new schedule up to todays date?

Also there is no contact name but a reference of KVE / RT. I think I recall on a thread that this refers to a couple of solicitors.

Now Im really getting excited. I dont understand why they do this when it will just cost them more money.

Cheers, Darren.:)

This would be fine.

Date

DG Solicitors

xxxx

xxxx

xxxx

RE: Claim number xxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxx -vs- HSBC Bank, PLC

Dear Kate Eaves and Rachel Thomlinson

Please find enclosed a copy of my Schedule of Charges to be attached to my claim.

Please note that the sum I am seeking is xxxx.xx (£xxxx.xx charges, xxx.xx 8% interest and £120.00 court fee) plus xx pence per day from the date claimed until this is resolved.

Sincerely

xxxxxxxxx

One other thing. How will the decision this week in favour of Lloyds TSB affect claims going through the system now? I only just heard about it as I was away for a few days last week.

One other thing. How will the decision this week in favour of Lloyds TSB affect claims going through the system now? I only just heard about it as I was away for a few days last week.

Hi, Basically CAG are saying 'business as usual' except to make double sure you have all the correct info,IE dotting the t's & crossing the eyes :p and the one thing that everybody is busy with at the moment that incudes ripping up carpets, having trips to the loft and garden sheds, all looking for old T & Cs ( terms and conditions) as it seems this is where the case fell apart as the judge only read the current T & C's online which have all changed last couple years, to cover up the unlawfull penalties. So if you have any .................. dig em up.

Read the threads, theres loads on it and at first it seemed bad but when you read up on it, but it may be a good thing as its making us tighten up on our claims.

Try & find a copy of the T & C's from when you opened your account or as far back as you can find.

Do search on T & C for hsbc & follow threads, somebody, somewhere has copies

Good luck

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

As with so many things in life the unexpected jumps up and bites your bum.

The Lloyds result was the culmination of a series of unrelated events being put together by a totally peed off District Judge trying to do his job for once instead of sitting waiting for letters saying claims have been settled.

Firstly its inadmissible as evidence because its a small claims court.

Secondly if it was admissible it would be a very brave solicitor who used it without the result of the appeal which will have all of the evidence available.

As Celica says business as usual.

pete

Thanks Pete,

It left me twitching a little when I heard about it and did some reading. One thing I dont understand is how the judge ruled in their favour when no defence turned up. Surely that goes against the small claims system.

Darren.

How do you mean, "court bundle"? Ive sent off a polite letter to D&G along with a schedule of charges and up to date schedule of interest. So waiting for their next move. At the minute Im reading up on the legislation as much as I can with work and all. Thanks for your continued support.

Darren.;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

I have received a letter from HSBC regarding my claim for £2625, saying that all the charges they made were legit fees as set out in theier price list. They go on to offer me a settlement sum of £2004.30 with no admission of liability. Any advice????

My gut instinct is to refuse it as the amount of the charges alone are £2227.00 and then there is the £120.00 I paid for the court claim. They have therefore offered me less than the charges they took from me. No mention of how they arrived at this figure or why there charges ranged from £25 to £125 each time. So what do you all think.

Chipper.

Hiya Chipper, as with all offers only you can decide if you should accept it or not. I suspect the offer you have has come from Uncle Colin's HSBC Leeds department which is why it wont include for any court fees or statutory interest.

The bottom line here is if you need the money accept the offer, if you can afford to wait a little you will get much more from DG Solicitors who will include your court fees and your 8% statutory interest.

pete