Hsbc

chipper99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Laffin

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

ER. Thanks everyone. But I still say TFI Friday. Or at least I would if I wasnt working Saturday and Sunday!!!!

My wife now wants to make a claim for charges. Not a great amount in total but can she still start the process the way I did??

exactly the same - get the statements and then do prelim, lba and then file - expect a letter back saying that because they are in this oft thingy they aren't obligated to do anything now but when it is resolved they will get back to you.

read this for the reasoning behind claiming:

OFT Test claim: What this means for you

good luck, mrs. chipper!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all. Just thought I would stop by to see if there have been any developments in last few weeks. Ive been away with work and am totally out of touch now. Worse, my wife hasnt sent off SAR yet!! I believe court date for OFT has been set for January. Getting closer now.

• 3 months later...

Hi all. Happy New Year. Just thought Id check in as its been a while. Hope everyone is well as d day is approaching. I havent had a word from bank or DG over the last few months, not that it is suprising. Any news with anyone else?

I put mine on its own thread here cuz Lattie thought it would be useful if they started to do this with other people and of course she was right :) we have seen a few people with these letters now.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/125577-metropolitan-collection-services-action.html

And Dougal is going for them big time along the same lines and I honestly dont blame him :) post #123 here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/94703-hdr-hsbc.html

All good fun :D

pete

Well Done chipper. I wish that I was.:( . Hopefully that will be soon. Payday is coming soon (and I do the wages and set up the payments ;) )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Excellent letter CB. Havent had anything from HSBC, but for the first time in a long time Im actually in credit. Wahey!!!!

Nice one Chipper! I was in credit once. It's a good feeling isn't it!:D

Well Done chipper. I wish that I was.:( . Hopefully that will be soon. Payday is coming soon (and I do the wages and set up the payments ;) )

Well you should give yourself a bonus Jo!:)

• 3 months later...

Hi all. How are things? Sorry I aint been on in a while but Ive been busy moving. Im now over in N.Ireland with a new job and have left sunny Manchester behind. Any developments recently. I havent heard anything yfrom court or HSBC for ages. I just hope I dont have to travel all the way back to Bolton court to settle this thing.

Hiya Chipper, you haven't missed a lot :rolleyes: we are now waiting to see who wants to do what following the test case judgment, there is a case management meeting on the 23rd May where everyone involved should state their intentions so hopefully things will be a little clearer after that :).

I think if you have to make any court visits it might be worth your while transferring your case to a local court unless you have family and friends to visit too. I think you can do that with an N244 form and it will probably cost you a court fee too :rolleyes:

Have a Guinness for me :D

pete

Hi Guys

I was short of money before christmas & accepted an offer from HSBC at abou 40% of total. The letter that they asked me to sign did not state it was in 'full & final settlement'. Is there a still a chance that I could claim the balance?

Hope someone can advise.

Dangermouse

Hiya Dangermouse, would really need to see the wording of the letter you had to say for sure, and to save it getting mixed up with Chippers stuff it would be better if you had your own thread, heres the button.

newthread.gif

If you can scan the letter or type up the wording we will be able to give you an answer.

pete

Cheers all. I still have a few friends and family in Bolton so will keep it there. Just wish I could get it sorted, one less thing to worry about and make a clean break. Have there been any further developments any where? I still havent heard anything from HSBC.