Defence in! What happens now? Please advise...

NRF07
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, I'd leave it too...don't know how well you will be able to bargain, but if you don't ask, you don't get :)

Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas

DAY 45: 27/10 - Data Non-Compliance sent off

DAY 67: 18/11 - N1 Deemed served

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70

59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80

179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs

254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi There,

Firstly sorry for not continuing threads last time.

Allocation Questionnnaire is through. I am claiiming for just over 6 years because they have fined me since I first communicated with them via letter etc. They picked up on this in the defence, should I merely stick to the amount (albeit a little over 6 years?)

Also, is it these papers that a copy goes to the Court AND to the bank?

..one last thing sorry: in the link to Allocation Questionnnaires on this thread, it links to a 'New guide to completing AQ's' - to be honest this has confused me a little as to what to follow when completing. Can anyone please advise.

Thank you all for your help up until this point, I couldn't have done it without you!

I am claiiming for just over 6 years because they have fined me since I first communicated with them via letter etc. They picked up on this in the defence, should I merely stick to the amount (albeit a little over 6 years?)

If they refuse to pay these at settlement, point them to the Whistleblower programme, with a Barclay's manager stating their costs are only £1.50-£2. Concealment nullifies the Statute of Limitations.

Also, is it these papers that a copy goes to the Court AND to the bank?

Yes

to be honest this has confused me a little as to what to follow when completing.

Fill in the AQ as per the guide.

Then in 'The New Guide' thread:

Print out the Draft Order in post#2, inserted with your details.

and put the passage from post #3 in section G

Thnaks Michael , great help.

Should I send them to Adrian St John, the guy that has signed the defence?

I will hopefully finish filling the AQ in tonight and this will all make more sense...

In the meantime, thanks again for all your help.

I am filling out the AQ now:

For section G - Is it only the XXXXX that I need to insert my own details and all else can go as it is - paragraph from post #3 and Draft order in post #2..

Are the paragraphs ok to send in the Draft order which go: "If the Claimant fails to comply with this order, the claim will be struck out without further order"..

is this something we can state??

Thanks

Is it only the XXXXX that I need to insert my own details and all else can go as it is

Yes

Are the paragraphs ok to send in the Draft order which go: "If the Claimant fails to comply with this order, the claim will be struck out without further order"..

Draft order makes similar condition for the Defendant, so it's equitable that the same condition applies to the Claimant

Hi Guys..

Sent off my AQ today. Thanks for all your help in this, very much appreciated. What am I waiting for now? Is the ball in the banks' court or is it a case of sit and wait for the court date....

Can't wait till all this is over!

Couldn't have done it without you guys though, so thanks again..

Yes NRF, now you just wait for the court to issue you with directions of the hearing.

Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas

DAY 45: 27/10 - Data Non-Compliance sent off

DAY 67: 18/11 - N1 Deemed served

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70

59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80

179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs

254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 months later...

Hi there!

Thanks for all your help up to this stage.. now I've got a court date!

It's going to the Small Claims Track and the letter from court states:

Each party must deliver to every other copy and to the court office copies of all documents on which they intend to rely at the hearing. These must include:

The Contract

Bank Statements for the relevant period

Witness Statements

These were the exact words (think there is some typo in first line!)

So are these documents the 'court bundle' that is spoken about on this site?.. and also, do I have to send documents to Bank aswell?

From here then, is it usual that people are calling to settle with bank about one week before date? Is this still working out well?

If so, is there a specific 'spiel' that is recommended to use when calling, and for my last question - who is the best contact at Barclays to speak to about settling?

Sorry about all the questions - it's all so real now!!

Thank you so much for getting me to this stage.

Court Bundle

Basic Court Bundle

Court Bundle - Examples of Witness Statement, Document list etc

Examples of Witness Statements / Disclosure by List / Draft Directions / Case Summary

do I have to send documents to Bank aswell?

Yes.

From here then, is it usual that people are calling to settle with bank about one week before date? Is this still working out well?

Seems to be

If so, is there a specific 'spiel' that is recommended to use when calling, and for my last question - who is the best contact at Barclays to speak to about settling?

Can't help you here. Look towqards the end of some threads ion the Barclays Successes Forum

Krysta Campbell

Barclays

Litigation and Disputes

1 Churchill Place

LONDON

E14 5HP

Tel: 02071164753

Fax: 01452638359

email:krysta.campbell@barclays. com

Phone Krysta and ask who is dealing with your claim as you have a court date and was just wondering who to send all your court documents to. Depending on when your court date is they may be willing to settle. Make sure you have an updated SOC infront of you when you ring

Hope this helps

Saint

Thanks a lot..

One more thing (sorry!)..

The court document states that 'each party shall prepare a skeleton arguement and deliver it to court and the other party by 4pm 7 days before'

Is this normal? Any ideas would be much appreciated..

Thanks again..

Thanks Dar£n for your reply, much appreciated..

Are there any examples that others have done that can help me here at all please?

Many Thanks..