• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

jennifer1268 vs lloyds ****WON****

jennifer1268
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

More waiting for you then Jennifer but it'll be worth it in the end

:)

You need to have the patience of a saint with this lot coz they love to keep you waiting.

Stick with it hun

xxxxxxxx

Same thing happened to me Jen :mad: but, I received their defence about 2 -3 days before the deadline. I think they may be getting rather busy or, they don't care because they have the 28 days to file a defence and bargin on the court giving them a little lee way.

Anyway, keep at em ;)

~S~

Griffin

04/01/07 New S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent by RECORDED DELIVERY

05/01/07 Delivery of S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) confirmed by Royal Mail

18/01/07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) data received

09/02/07 Prelim letter sent.

16/02/07 Frist template response received (nothing out of the ordinary).

23/02/07 LBA sent.

22/03/07 Claim issued to County Court

28/03/07 Claim served on Lloyds TSB (to reply by 11/04/07)

16/04/07 Acknowledgement of service (date stamped 12/04/07) received. Lloyds intend to defend the whole of the claim.(Lloyds' defense to be filed by 25/04/07)

26/04/07 Received Lloyds defense (standard 9 point) AQ to be returned by 11/05/07

09/05/07 My AQ returned to court

22/05/07 Lloyds have not met the AQ deadline. Court give them until 05 June to file

05/06/07 AQ filed by Lloyds with application for 1 month stay

Minx and griffin, thanks for your support:) I hope Lloyds don't drag it out for too long now because i'm quite desperate for this money. O.k forget the quite, i'm really desperate!!! But i know you're right minx, from what i've read on here i'm going to need a lot of patience but it'll be worth it when they do eventually pay up. It annoys me that they don't stick to the deadlines the court gives them but as you say griffin they may be rather busy. Ha Ha :-D

• 3 weeks later...

Morning all:) Lloyds had until last saturday to send their defence, which they still haven't done. I've given them an extra week so if nothing comes in post today should i go for judgement? Thanks, jennifer

Morning Jenifer, Have a look at this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=13 if you haven't seen it already. You really should write to them telling them you intend to get judgement. Also see here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/63766-order-judgement-sending-bailiffs.html from about page 5 onwards. Usefull discusion about the merits of judgement in default

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

Hi jshtr3, thanks v much for your reply:) Yes the first link you gave i've read, read, and re-read already, (i know this sounds stupid and weak but i've got a fair idea of what i should do from reading the step by step and faq's etc but i'm just nervous about putting it into practice, hearts racing just thinking about it!) and the other one i'll have a good read of over the weekend, so thanks for that. Anyway, must be brave:oops: Let you know what happens. jennifer

You'll be fine. Just send the letter to Lloyds in the first link giving them a week or you'll request judgement, then request judgement if they don't respond. If you do get judgement the warrant form is much easier to complete than the N1 so don't worry;)

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

• 2 weeks later...

Well still nothing from the lovely lloyds so i'm just filling out the request for judgment part on the bottom of the notice of issue form and i'm stuck on something so silly i'm almost too embarrassed to ask:oops:. I've put amount of claim including interest at date of issue as £1644.51... Then it asks for interest since date of claim and i've put £13.63 (£0.29 per day) But then it asks for the % rate? Is it 8% also? I'd be really grateful if someone could help. Thanks in advance

jen

• 2 weeks later...

Well a few days after sending the judgement form to the court, i received lloyds defence (3 weeks late) and the allocation questionaire to fill in!! I've filled it all in as per the guide but i'm stuck on section 'G' - other information. I've read through the draft order for directions so many times now i'm really confused. Can someone please tell me, what would i need to put in section 'G' if I wasn't to go with the new draft order for directions? I know i need to put i don't think case will take any longer than 1 hour but what else? Appologies for being dense:oops:

Hi, could someone please help me with my previous question? I've decided on the standard AQ route and i'm a bit stuck on what to put in section 'G' - other information, even after reading through the templates:oops: What else should i put in addition to 'i believe this will last no longer than 1 hour'???? Please can someone help i want to get this returned asap. Thanks :confused:

Something along these lines:

I am respectfully requesting that my claim be allocated to the small claims track. This issue is not a complicated one; it is an issue of fact and not of law. The issue is only whether the money levied by the Defendant in respect of its customer’s contractual breaches exceed their actual costs incurred. I am happy to pay their actual costs and I am surprised the Defendant did not counterclaim for these, because I would have paid them without argument.

However, the continuing problem is, (in common with the 100s of other cases currently being brought by other bank customers), that the banks refuse to reveal the details of their penalty-charging regime. As the banks have a fiduciary duty towards their customers, they have a duty to deal straightforwardly and in utmost good faith.

Accordingly, I would respectfully ask that the court in this case, not withstanding allocation to the small claims track, order standard disclosure. I understand that it is in the courts discretion to do so. This would bring a rapid end, not only to this litigation, but would also likely bring an end to much of the litigation in progress against other high-street banks. I estimate that the hearing of the claim should last no longer than one hour.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Had a letter 2 days ago from sc&m requesting that we contact our local Lloyds Tsb for an account review, (which we had no intention of doing) and then this morning we received a settlement letter offering full amount we're claiming for, yippee, at last!! Only thing is though, on the letter they have our names and claim number right but they have the wrong a/c number and sort code!!! Sould i just make a note of it on the letter we have to sign and send back and attach a copy bank statement do you think? I will donate as soon as they credit my account and thank you very much to everyone who helped me:)

You can send your own acceptance letter:

Date

Dear Whoever

Ref: Your Offer of Settlement

Account: xxxxxxxx

Sort Code xx-xx-xx

Claim No: XXXXX in XXXX County Court

I acknowledge receipt of your letter date xx/xx/xx and your settlement offer of £XXX.

I accept your offer as full and final settlement only for this claim of bank charges made on my account between xx/xx/xx and xx/xx/xx(dates of first and last charge) However I will only accept an unconditional offer and will therefore not be signing your acceptance agreement

I accept this offer without prejudice and I reserve the right to make any further claims should you apply future charges that may be considered unlawful under common law or in violation of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 or Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.

I will be willing to withdraw my claim and will send a Notice of Discontinuance to the Court upon receipt of unconditional full settlement of my claim

I am also not prepared to agree to any confidentiality clauses you try to impose, unless of course your client wishes to make an offer of due consideration in addition to the amount of £xxxxx, in order to be afforded this privilege by myself.

I trust that you will find this arrangement acceptable.

Pease note that my account details in your letter of settlement offer are incorrect. My correct account details are as above

Yours Sincerely

Congratulations Jennifer! :D

Well done! glad you stuck it out. ;)

Pondy :)

LloydsTSB - Current Account claim £5,554 settled unconditionally 25.4.2007 :D

If the Pondfish has helped click his scales! ;-)

Please donate to this site if you can! :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Still not had any money :mad: It'll be 3 weeks tomorrow since we received the settlement letter from sc&m, we sent it back recorded and faxed it. I phoned them on tuesday and was told to phone back friday if still not received anything...phoned back today and was told that our file was in a secure location and would take 72 hours to retrieve and they would phone back...:-x :-x

Same thing has happened to me, are they def honouring payments they have sent offers to. They told me money will be in begining next week. Sure they're just fobbing me off though. I could cry to be honest

Hi skint, i know exactly how you feel:( But yes, apparantely they do have to honour any offers made if the customer chooses to accept. I read this on the BBA website. Hopefully it won't be too much longer..

Well, 3 weeks today since sc&m received back our acceptance letter and we still haven't been paid...i can't stand this waiting...has anyone else been waiting for 3 weeks and been told their file is in a 'secure location'? Phoned sc&m again yesterday and was just told the same thing (wait basically) I'm beginning to think our file is lost or something because i keep reading other threads where people have sent their acceptance letters back after we did and they've been paid? Although i'm really pleased for them, i'm getting more concerned by the day :Cry: