• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

jennifer1268 vs lloyds ****WON****

jennifer1268
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wanted to introduce myself and say what a fantastic site this is. My name is jennifer and i've been lurking around for a while, reading lots of posts about the unfair bank charges and the reclaiming of them and now i feel brave enough to do something about it myself. There's something i've been wondering about though, we have quite a large loan with Lloyds, if we are successful in reclaiming back unfair charges (approx £1400) would they just knock it off the balance of the loan instead of paying it into our current account do you think? Can they do that? Probably a stupid question but i really don't know!! Thanks for reading this and for any help you can give me :) Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

Welcome to you, and first point thiere is NO such thing as a stupid question! There is a lot of information to take in so it is good to take your time and be comfortable each step of the way.

As the loan would be a different account / agreement i don't believe that they can apportion your money there. I am sure one of the wiser heads here will hopefully confirm this.

It would be worthwhile starting a "jennifer1268 v Lloyds" thread in the Lloyds forum :- http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/ that way people with specific experience with Lloyds can assist.

Very best of luck

Any advise offered is my own opinion, and if in doubt, always seek clarification.

[

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you (belated) for the replys to my previous post, I appreciate you taking the time to answer me. I'm ashamed to admit that I lost my nerve for a while but after reading through hundreds of inspiring posts i'm determined to go through with it. I sent my preliminary letter last week but i think i may of sent it to the wrong address! I sent it to Gresham St, London. If it is wrong, hopefully it'll be forwarded to the correct dept? Anyway, i'll keep updating on my progress and thank you for such a brilliant site:)

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

I sent mine to the Birmingham address, but they should forward it on to the correct department for you.

Don't forget we are all here to help you, so just ask if you have any questions.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Well, had no response to the preliminary letter. The 14 days are up and the 2nd letter is due to go. I just wanted to check first, should I send it to the same address as the first letter (Gresham St. London), or should I send it (and a copy of first letter incase not rec')to the Andover address? I just checked on the Royal Mail website and it says the letter was del from their E. London del office but an electronic p.o.d is not available so i'm not sure if it's been received or not. Any replies gratefully received, thanks. Jennifer

Hi, i could really do with some advice please!! A few months ago we missed a payment on our mortgage (which we have through lloyds) and we had a payment plan in place to repay it at 20.00 per month in addition to our normal mortgage payment. Anyway, about 3 weeks ago we had a letter from lloyds collections to say that they were pleased to offer us the chance to add these arrears on to our mortgage balance, so we wouldn't have any arrears. They said to ring them and they will put this in place. We did ring them and we were told it should be completed in 2 to 3 days. Then we stupidly sent our preliminary letter requesting repayment of charges, aaargh I could kick myself) We phoned a week later to check if the arrears had been added to mortgage balance and it hadn't been done! So, we requested for it to be done again and we were told it would be done and completed in about 2 to 3 days again. Anyway, today (2 weeks later) we have received a letter from lloyds collections saying they notice we are slightly behind with payments!!! We phoned again and it's still not been done but we were told the same old thing again, it will be done, blah,blah. Now obviously you can guess what i'm thinking, are they doing this on purpose because we're claiming? and if so what can i do about it? I'm so stupid, i wish i hadn't sent the preliminary letter until they'd sorted it out.:( What should i do now?

Hi Jennifer,

I think you are jumping to conclusions a little, although i can understand why.

Although retalitary action cannot be ruled out, i think it unlikely. the OFT would frown on this action if they were to do it.

I think you need to quiz them as to the exact reasons why it has not been done, and get a committment out of them as to exactly when it will be done.

I guess things are tight at present, but i think you will end up paying a lot of money in interest if you do add this to your mortgage balance. You may be better off sticking with the repayment plan anyway, if you can afford to. I too am behind with my mortgage, and thought about this option, but was advised against it by the Consumer Credit Counselling Service. Might be different for you though!

Let us know how you get on!

Pondfish :)

• Haha 1

LloydsTSB - Current Account claim £5,554 settled unconditionally 25.4.2007 :D

If the Pondfish has helped click his scales! ;-)

Please donate to this site if you can! :-)

Thanks for your reply pondfish. You're right, i probably am jumping to conclusions, i always tend to look on the black side when it's anything to do with me! I'll give them a few days and then i'll phone to see if they've done it. I'm debating whether to send the Lba now (14 days are up) or wait until we get something in writing stating that it's been done. I'll keep you updated and thanks again, i've given you a click:)

Thanks for the click! :)

i honestly don't think delaying your LBA will have any difference at all! If they are taking retalitary action, then they have all ready decided on that route, and the LBA will make no difference.

However, if you are not in a rush to get these charges, then hold off a little longer for your own piece of mind.

Anyway, i'm sure it'll all be OK, so relax. Don't let these people ruin your day, infuriating as they undoubtedly are.

Keep us posted!

Pondy :)

Hi all, just a quick update. Spoke to Lloyds yesterday about arrears i was worried about (re offsetting) and they say it's definately been done now and account is now under branch control rather than collections. So, sent Lba off yesterday and now just sorting through some stuff to sell on Ebay to help towards court costs:). I'll keep you updated. Jennifer

Hi jennifer,

Glad that's sorted for you! :)

Hope you don't have to get rid of too much on Ebay - but it's going to be worth it in the long run.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, just checking in with an update.

I had no reply to my LBA so I downloaded the N1 from template section, attached schedule of charges, checked it over 5000 times and took it (x3) to local court on thursday. The lady there said we would receive our copy back in post with seal on in about 5 days. So now just waiting to see what happens. I will post again as soon as i hear something. Hope everyone else's claims are going well.

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

Well done so far.... just a little waiting to do now. As you said the courts should get back to you soon.

Well i didn't have to wait long:) the forms arrived today just after i finished posting on here (with ink smudged on the back and name spelled as junnifer, but hey i'm not one to pick faults):rolleyes: It says the defendant has until the 8th may to reply so i'll let you know what happens.

Jennifer

Hi Junnifer! ;)

I expect Lloyds will enter an acknowledgement of service witch will give them a further 14 days to enter a defence. This seems to be the standard stalling tactic used now. Nothing you can do except read up and prepare for the next stages.

It's worth reading up on Allocation Questionaires as this will be your next step if Lloyds defend. There are currently a couple of methods used on this site when you respond to the form sent out by the courts. See the Templates section for info regarding this.

• 3 weeks later...

Lloyds haven't replied yet:( On the Notice of Issue it said they should've responded by the 8th may but i've heard nothing, not a sausage. I'm not sure what to do now...should i give them a few more days do you think?? And if so, what should I do when those few days are up if i've still not heard anything? Any help v much appreciated.

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

Try giving the court a ring and ask if they have recieved anything yet. Point out the date has expired and ask thier advice.

I've just phoned the court and spoke to a helpful lady, i explained the situation and asked if i should wait a bit longer and she said 'why wait'!!! She then checked on p.c. and told me they'd received an acknowledgement of service from Lloyds today. So, back to waiting some more...:rolleyes: Thanks for your advice pondy:)

jennifer