Charlie_d vs Natwest

charlie_d
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

Quick question, have sent my first letter and the letter before action but haven't heard a thing from them? Both were sent recorded delivery so I know they got them.

The date I gave is this friday and I'm not sure whether to go ahead without any correspondance at all, is this normal and do I proceed as planned?!

Thanks!

Charlotte

Hi Charlotte,

Presuming you sent your prelim and LBA to the Borehamwood address, why don’t you try giving them a call on 020 8236 8007.

I spoke to them last week - they’re pretty helpful and weren’t condescending or off with me at all.

How much have you claimed? Did you include interest?

Laura

Natwest Bank Plc owe me £1,227.48

06/03/07 - Prelim Sent

16/03/07 - Claim authorised, in full, via telephone...

28/03/07 - Full offer received in writing - YAY

29/03/07 - Offer accepted!

Bank of Scotland Mastercard owe me £497.00

11/03/07 - Complaint telephone call logged

29/03/07 - 50% offer received...

Hi Charlie,

So long as you sent your Prelim Letter, dated it and waited 14 days, and so long as you then sent your LBA then waited 14 days, and you kept your recorded slips to prove you sent them, then you are perfectly within your rights to start your claim through court. Its up to you if you want to be nice to them and give them an opportunity to open dialogue with you by telephone. It would obviously save the costs of filing at court right now, but I dont think they will settle just one a phone call. Its worth a try of course. But dont be too disappointed if they basically say, just give them more time to get back to you, because thats the general tone of their letters at the moment, and probs their phone info too. But its worth a try. If you dont get any joy, and you dont want to wait any longer, then you are perfectly within your rights to start court claim. Its a longer road, but the result is the same. YOU GET YOUR MONEY. All the best. Fendy xxx

Thanks to you both, would happily give them a ring but I sent both of my letters to the bishopsgate address? Is this wrong?!

Claiming £569 without any interest added. Have been so excited checking the post can't believe they haven't sent me a thing!

Guest littlesally

I sent all mine to Bishopsgate, I think Laura was giving that number for the Borhamwood address.

The problem with telephoning is depending on memory (yours and theirs) and proof of things said. If you do phone make notes as you talk.

There are loads of claims happening at the moment, which may be causing the hold up.

It's a pity the chatroom is still closed as that place can really help with any doubts and fears you have.

Also good for just unwinding and having fun.

Still hopefully it won't be long.

It's basically a waiting game, seeing who can out stare the other - don't be the one to look away.

Many people do at this stage and give up.

Make sure you stick with the winners and you will be one!

Sally x

Charlied,

These might help:http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html#post436526

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Bishopsgate should have sent them on to be dealt with accordingly.

If it were me, I'd call Borehamwood first and if they don't have record of your claim then I'd contact Bishopsgate about it.

Your claiming a relatively small amount, compared to some on the forum. My conversation with Borehamwood last week indicated claims without interest under a cetain amount (I think around £1,000) are being approved without much hassle at the moment.

That said, if you call them and they're being sloppy about things, stick to your guns and take it to the next stage. As Fendy said, it involves more time and costs but will be worth it in the long run!!

06/03/07 - Prelim Sent

Hi Sally - yes the number was for Borehamwood.

If you DO call them, take the name of the person you spoke to, record times & dates. If nothing comes of it, at least you can refer to the covnersation at the next stage!

In brief, my claim was approved via telephone last week but prelim deadline is tomorrow. If that cheque doesn't arrive, I'll be sending the LBA making reference to my prelim AND the telephone conversation with Alan on Friday!!

• Haha 1

06/03/07 - Prelim Sent

Thanks everyone for your help and the info.

Rang the Borehamwood number this morning and was told by a very nice gentleman that my claim had been authorised in full (£569) and a letter would be going in the post but they currently have a massive backlog and are recruiting more staff etc etc so this probably explains the delays.

Is this ok and do I not need to do the next stage now? Am very pleased and am hoping this means I can book our summer holiday this morning, can someone please give me the go ahead?!!!

Firstly CONGRATULATIONS,,

Secondly, Do not stop you action until the money is cleared in your possession. You will get your money. Give it another 7 days,then start action. Your court fees are refundable. I would hold off a little bit longer before you book your hols.

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Thanks Parkvale, bummer about not booking today but I knew really that that would be the advice! Will give it another week before doing the whole court thing, here's hoping they pull their finger out before then and give me my holiday fund!

• 2 weeks later...

I can understand your frustration, but any court fees are reclaimable.They are quick enough to take £38 of you for bouncing a cheque. When the shoe is on the other foot it suddenly take weeksto refund you .

I have submitted a claim (MCOL), wasn't actually that hard even for dizzy me!

One question though what do I need to send in terms of my schedule of charges? Just a printout of the excel spreadsheet? Do I need a cover letter? Sorry for being utterly useless but have been trawling this site for most of today and need to get some work done - a link to the info I need would be fantastic?!

Pleasure :D

• Haha 1

This just means that Cobbetts have acknowledge your claim and this gives them a further 14 days to submit their defence.

You should expect to recieve their defence after the 33days from filing are up!!!

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

:shock:Hello everyone,

Just reading through this thread, and decided on the back of it to give the Borehamwood number a ring (0208 236 8007). Spoke to a gentleman called Alan who explained to me that they 'were very busy clearing the backlog', but that if the claim did not include an interest element then it was their aim to clear it within the 56 day FSA period.

Don't know if this information helps anyone, but in my case I shall definitely consider holding off action for a week or two (and save £200 court costs) if they are going to make a serious offer (i.e. meet my claim in full).

• Haha 1

Guest NATTIE

makes not difference, 14 days prelim followed by 14 days LBA regardless of what alan hairbridge(believe that is his full name) has said.

Well finally received the full offer from Natwest, unfortunately a week after I'd started the claim against them! Do I just ignore it? Also how do I know what date the claim was served (for working out my 28 day deadline)? Is this the same as the issue date?