It's only £30, but I want it Back! ***WON***

Odd Fellow
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sending Prelininary letter to Nat West Card Services today to recover £30.00 levied in Feb 2006.

I wonder whether Nat West will waste costly time and resources on this?

Abbey - Won DPA Claim - Aug 06 and got bailiffs in to recover my court costs of just £30.00

Abbey - Won Charges Refund of £1050 - Nov 06

Egg - Recovered £220 due to Customer Services misinformation - Feb 2007

Nat West - Prelinimary Letter to recover on Credit Card charges £30.00 sent March 2006. £25.40 offered - rejected and the bank reckons that this is it's last word on the matter. We'll see if that's still the case when it reads my N1 form sent recently. It has until the 17th April to respond or the N1 will be submitted.

Please check out my web site www.BankChargesScandal.co.uk for Research, Useful links and my story.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

odd fellow,

It's your money claim it. action-smiley-033.gif

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

I was going to suggest phoning them or nipping into your branch about it - its a low amount but IS your money that they shouldn't have taken!!

If they don't resolve it informally then send prelim, my thoughts are they'll pay it back asap!

Natwest Bank Plc owe me £1,227.48

06/03/07 - Prelim Sent

16/03/07 - Claim authorised, in full, via telephone...

28/03/07 - Full offer received in writing - YAY

29/03/07 - Offer accepted!

Bank of Scotland Mastercard owe me £497.00

11/03/07 - Complaint telephone call logged

29/03/07 - 50% offer received...

Guest NATTIE

With credit card charges never go into the branch, we can do nothing at branch level re charges on credit cards unless there was a bank error in the application of the charge.

Prelim letter went yesterday.

I did phone them and someone had to phone me back. Took them 3 days and then the lady hadn't been given the full story (typical).

The charges were Feb 06 and she didn't have access to it that far ago, but yaddered on about how they would have been applied in line etc. and trying to make out that the OFT ruling was after that date so it wasn't relevant.

Yeah, right.

Abbey - Won DPA Claim - Aug 06 and got bailiffs in to recover my court costs of just £30.00

Nat West - Prelinimary Letter to recover on Credit Card charges £30.00 sent March 2006. £25.40 offered - rejected and the bank reckons that this is it's last word on the matter. We'll see if that's still the case when it reads my N1 form sent recently. It has until the 17th April to respond or the N1 will be submitted.

Please check out my web site www.BankChargesScandal.co.uk for Research, Useful links and my story.

£30 is £30 if you went shopping for groceries and were £30 short they'd want you to put your bacon back ( smiles at Nattie ) so I say go for it!!:)

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

All this talk of putting bacon back is making me hungry. Hungry for lovely revenge on the Nasty West. Go get your money. I tend to think they will pay up at prelim or LBA. Cos its not mass wads were talking is it. Dont think they will be bothered to put up a fight for £30 squid. But we have been proved wrong on here from time to time. The ones we think will be quick straightforward, sometimes arent. But think positive. It helps. Fendy xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nattie don't take the" bacon" presonally. :D

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Got what I expect is a standard letter on Saturday.

Blah, Blah, applied in line blah, blah.

However, as a goodwill gesture, blah, we'll offer you £25.44 representing the difference between the £20 that we charged and the £12 we now charge and the interest.

It's true they charged £20 on one thing and £10.00 on another (both related). I don't recall what these were, but they have ignored the £10.00 altogether. I thick they're working on the assumption that because it's under the £12 maximum they can apply, they're OK.

Oh no, Mr Nat West, you're not. You may have to justify this charge too - if it's more than it actually cost you, then it's unlawful and we both know it.

I've replied refusing the offer, providing links to two National Newspaper articles that feature my story of having the bailiffs into Abbey last year and making it clear that unless they can justify the charges, I expect a cheque for the refund or I will issue legal action in line with my first letter.

Frankly, I am surprised to have had a reply so quickly. I doubt that a further reply will be so swift.

Stick with it.

If we all took the view of its only £30 then banks would be laughing at us.

We need to let them know that we will lie down and let them trample over us-I have been battling with them since last November to get back just over £4500 and in thsi time all I have seen from them is a series of delaying tactics in the hope that I would not take the matter furtrher.

Last week I issued the MCOL and hoepfully will get something from them in due course.

To recap dont give up-its your money.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

A further letter of defiance from Nat West today.

Reiterated that I could have £25.44 and that this was the bank's final response.

Errrr. No, I don't think it will be some how.

To reiterate how serious I am, am replying with a copy of my N1 Claim Form - it has 14 days.....

Bloody cheek.

Silly thing is it has probably cost Nut West more than £30 to offer you £25.44 so why dontvthey just pay and have done with it.

Silly buggers!!

PPMAN159

oddfellow,

If i was you i would contact a newspaper. They would love your story and they might pay you a few quid as well.

oddfellow,

If i was you i would contact a newspaper. They would love your story and they might pay you a few quid as well.

:-)

I might just do that.

Thanks to MoneySavingExpert, I was featured in the Express, Daily Mail, Independent and Norwich Evening News during March - pictures the lot.

Using the figures that they produced to establish the £25.44 offer, I work out that Nat West now owes me £95.40.

I have sent a short email to Martin Hickman at the Independent - you never know.....:D

--------------------------

Nat West - Prelinimary Letter to recover on Credit Card charges £30.00 sent March 2006.

Please check out my web site www.BankChargesScandal.co .uk for Research, Useful links and my story.

Good on you. How ridiculous is that ? A star is born ;)

Keep at it :D I love this thread it just shows how ridiculous the banks are being

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

Ridiculous, outrageous,intimidating,obnoxious and unlawful. Just a few more for the list.

Horrible,daft,silly and dumb there's a few more;)

How stupid is this.

A bank will pay out a claim for say £1000 but then they fight tooth and nail over £30.

In this case if they had paid back the £30 when first asked then everyone would have gone away happy but rather than that they decide to dig their heels in.

Still I suppose at the end of the day it is our money that they are using to fight this claim so why should they care.

The only place we will find custoemr care in the future will be on the Antiques Roadshow in the 'Do you remember this' section.

PPMAN159