want my money getting worried

endor71
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

my claim was served on the 9th march and acknowledged on the 9th march going to be defended by mr bacon, i cannot wait much longer, getting very stressed out waiting, anyone else issued there claim same time as mine, more bank charges being takeN tomorrow, so have to start process all again!! went into the bank to give them the notice of approration letter so they cannot touch my family allowance the lady was very rude anyone would think it was her own money, she would not even give me a receipt for the letter, how rude. cannot wait if i get my money only 920 but very needed at the mo.

Hiya

Dont worry it will be in your account soon enough.

mine was acknowledged on 28th Feb and i still have no money in the account yet. they have untill 28th March to file their defence.

I phone them on thurday last week, and they said that they basically have a set proceedure in place for issuing the refunds as they have so many.

1, when they rec the claim they acknowledge it

2, then it goes to their processing team who have a backlog who add all the details to a spreadsheet.

3, then it goes in a queue. and it really is first come first serve basis. when you reach the top of the 'Refund' Queue, they check all the charges, check the interest then refund all the seperate amounts into your bank account / or send you a chq.

so its just a case of waiting. I think they tend to refund about a week before they have to file the defence so day 21 ish after they acknowledge at the moment, i am only basing this on how other claims are being paid at the moment.

good luck, this moneyclaim queue is horrible i know, it feels i have been waiting forever also their are quite a few of us waiting. alot of us do post on 'Follow my claim from start to finish' if you want to see when others are being paid.

Thanks for the info there hannah . . .

My claim was served on the 1st March, Acknowledged on the 7th March. Recieved the 'defence' paperwork from Nationwide shortly after. Then nothing since.

Hopefully it's just a big queue and not a problem with my claim!?

Hi Kwaker,

Still not heard a thing; reading through the forums it seems that just recently 18-20 days seems to be the average for payouts.

So, I guess that means served on the 7th; I should be looking at somewhere around the 25th or so.

Either way, even if it goes the full 28 days then that is a win by default ;)

I guess i'm partially worried like everyone else, however the enormous wealth of info here is always reassuring when things start to seem 'iffy' !

hi guys, it took 3 weeks for them to settle with me after filing at court, hope this gives you an idea of their timescale, best of luck. x

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

I've just spent some time trawling threads and collating some averages . . .

It seems that about 3-4 months ago 5-10 days after being served was the average. Just lately, it seems that 18-20 days is nearer the mark.

I would guess that Nationwide are overwhelmed with requests at the moment.

I do however seem to be developing a bad case of OCD checking my balance on-line like 9 times a day!

Hiya

Dont worry it will be in your account soon enough.

mine was acknowledged on 28th Feb and i still have no money in the account yet. they have untill 28th March to file their defence.

I phone them on thurday last week, and they said that they basically have a set proceedure in place for issuing the refunds as they have so many.

1, when they rec the claim they acknowledge it

2, then it goes to their processing team who have a backlog who add all the details to a spreadsheet.

3, then it goes in a queue. and it really is first come first serve basis. when you reach the top of the 'Refund' Queue, they check all the charges, check the interest then refund all the seperate amounts into your bank account / or send you a chq.

so its just a case of waiting. I think they tend to refund about a week before they have to file the defence so day 21 ish after they acknowledge at the moment, i am only basing this on how other claims are being paid at the moment.

good luck, this moneyclaim queue is horrible i know, it feels i have been waiting forever also their are quite a few of us waiting. alot of us do post on 'Follow my claim from start to finish' if you want to see when others are being paid.

Hi Hannah,

Thats very useful info to the procedure they take. My claim went in on the 8th March and Notice of Acknowledgement was on 17th March... so yes the waiting game now........ I still have an overdraft of just over a £1300 so getting charged on that... i'll have to start again once this one has finished, hopefully for the good :|

Nick

Whoo hoo Settled in Full. 16th April 07

Notice of Acknowledgement: 17th March 07

Claim Form to CC: 8th March 07

LBA sent: 8th Jan

Prem Letter: 12th Dec 06

Nationwide Claim. £2921.96

It seems that about 3-4 months ago 5-10 days after being served was the average. Just lately, it seems that 18-20 days is nearer the mark.

Perhaps the quote below which I found in the daily mail online in February had something to do with the increase in wait - hence the backlog.

Nationwide recently said it would halt settling any more claims for refunds until the OFT has issued a final decision on the issue.

However, the building society was forced into a U-turn after it was pointed out this did not comply with the banking code requirement to deal with complaints within a set timetable.

I did actually notice that people were not getting their money back for a few weeks or so. Then I saw the above quote roughly the same time as people started getting their money.

I finally got my cheque today 9 days before they had to issue their defence

one way to look at it. They have 14 days from date the claim is deemed served to acknowledge the claim (they normally state that they will defend in full). They then have a further 14 days (28 days from date claim was deemed served) to actually issue a defence. If you assume that you will get your money 28 days from the date claim was deemed served you will be happy because you would probably get it a week or so before. This is the average time frame at the moment.

Bit like stocks and shares.

"remember waiting times can go up as well as down" LOL

Knowledge is Power

Go get em!

Have I been of any help to you? if so please click my scales to the left to enhance my reputation. Thank you. If not PM me.

Nationwide - won claim 

Advice & opinions of mahharg are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

NW had until 25th which was a Sunday..so i understand they have extra 2 days to pay up. Still no letter with AQ ...so will it go in today. i emailed the C.bacon chap heard nothing. Money still not in. Help. Is there any else out there waiting.

My Claim was deemed issued on the 9th March, they are defending and i have to wait until the 6th April ( good Friday ), i may give them until the Tuesday 10th before i take further action, providing thet havent paid up by then.

SP

Hey Carbonsa . . .

My 28 days are almost up too . . .

Have you heard anything at all yet? I see that you mailed Charles Bacon, no response?

Have you filed for a default judgement yet or are you going to leave it a few days? This all seems a bit odd; looking back over the last few months it seems NW were paying up quite quickly. There seems to be a growing trend of taking it to the wire just lately.

I 'suspect' they are hanging out for this latest ruling from the OFT that 'may' or may not state that £15 is an acceptable fee or similar. I personally don't think that will make any difference to outstanding claims - but it seems that's what they are up to !?

Hi all, just read through a few of the posts for this week still unsure what is happening. i sent my MCOL request off last monday and today i have received a letter from the court stating Mr Bacon (again) is dealing with it on the acknowledgement of service letter and he has ticked that he intends to defend the claim. can anyone translate that into english for me? does this mean

1. they are not going to pay out?

2. they are just asking for a bit more time?

or

3. they will pay me after 28 days?

Lisa (unsatisfied Nationwide customer)

I'm pretty sure everyone gets one of those 'going to defend' letters; I certainly did!

Now, over the last couple of months it seems that they were paying out within a few days. They have no option but to pay out; thier regime of charges is essentially unenforceable and similarly indefendible.

However, the strategies and timescales they are currently working too does seem odd and certainly seems indicitive of a new way of dealing with these claims.

It seems that during the last month, claims are being settled right up to the wire, almost at the 28 days allowed. I'm 7 days away from that right now and have not heard a thing! I have mailed Charles Bacon, politely requesting an update . . . guess what, no response.

So . . . in answer to your question; yes they will pay. I guess it's a combination of 2 & 3. They want more time, maybe to see what the OFT have to say? Apparently a statement is expected from the OFT with regard to bank charges sometime in April.

They most likely assume that this statement will in some way offer them some kind of 'out' or reduction in payouts - who knows? But I suspect this is why we are seeing the claims taking longer & longer just recently.

This is all just a hunch of course ;) They may be simply overwhelmed with claims.

• Haha 1

Thanks Spiff feel a bit more reassured, hopefully it is just the Nationwide doing this as I still have to claim off Capital One Card yet and do my friends bank for her she is in the Natwest. This has been going on with my bank a while now and I think they are very slow in comparison. I will keep posting as I hear. Thanks again.:p

Hi all

Like you I was getting rather anxious having had my MCOL acknowledged on 27th Feb with NWide saying they intended to defend and then nothing happening.....nothing.......checking my account twice/three times daily........nothing..........until I checked my statement on-line on the 20th March to find four separate payments credited to my account late the day before. These equated to all of my charges, interest @8% (s69) and the court fee. Since then I have noticed that other payouts have been taking 3 weeks from acknowledgement and in some cases a couple of days more. I reckon they have an increasing backlog and can't keep up with the demand. They haven't yet failed to pay up to the best of my knowledge - I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong.

I have just spoken to MCOL helpdesk . Even though NW had until 25th March on my acknowledgment service note, MCOL have confirmed they actually have until 7th April. Deemed 7th March. However as its a bank hols they have said NW have until 11th April. They advised to call them on that day and if no sign of funds in acct, then I can click on the "judgement by default" button in MCOL. If you go into that button before the defendants time is up, you wont proceed to the next stage. MCOL were really helpful and can give you a more accurate date. Hope this helps.

Hi guys

I'm also close in time to you. Deemed served on 14th March, so I guess they have until around 14th April. Also checking my account daily!

Did you get the CAG newsletter this week? It's put my mind at rest about the impending OFT report - basically it is only their (the OFT's) opinion - not law- so we keep on claiming!

I have my own thread if you want to compare.

Best wishes all.