Advice Re offer from CAP 1

collyg999
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent my first letter 14 days ago asking for charges to be returned.

Have received a reply offering me a lesser amount, £64 instead of the

£160.00p plus interest I had claimed. The letter says that a cheque will be posted in the next 14 days.

My inclination is to

• consider their offer unacceptable
  • write and tell them so - giving them 14 days for full repayment or MCOL beckons i.e a letter before action.
  • if any cheque arrives return stapled to a copy of the letter mentioned above.

Does this seem a reasonable course of action?

:???:

Guest Niklowe

Yes, Send them the LBA, and add a few lines that you find their offer unnacceptable and you will only drop the claim on receipt of the full sum owed.

There are rejection letters in the bank templates library for you to use. You should accept the offer, but as part payment only. Let them know that you will pursue them for the rest, in court if necessary.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Just a quick up date for those that are interested.

14/3/07 letter received from Cap 1 offering partial payment

20/3/07 LBA letter sent rejecting partial payment

23/3/07 Cheque received for partial payment (cheque was dated 13/3/07)

27/3/07 Rejection letter 4 sent giving them 10 days to respond. So I have held onto the cheque but will not be cashing it. If they do not respond favourably within the next 10 days they will get their cheque back and MCOL will get a visit.

All time consuming but I am sure it will be worth it!

You are doing well..Stick to your timetable..

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers