acer v hsbc

acer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone...finally got to start my own thread. After several weeks studying this site I eventually sent off my preliminary letter to hsbc and have since received two replies from Colin Langdale to the effect that they are looking into my complaint and will respond fully when their investigations are complete.

This is obviously a well rehearsed delaying tactic and I have rather foolishly given them more time. Therefore I have a couple of queries that need answering: firstly, do i send my 14day letter to the same address as my prelim or directly to Colin Langdale.

Secondly, if my claim goes beyond the end of March will it be adversely affected by any decision made by the OFT report into bank charges, which is also due out at end of March.

Hope this makes sense...

Hi Acer.

This is obviously a well rehearsed delaying tactic and I have rather foolishly given them more time. Therefore I have a couple of queries that need answering: firstly, do i send my 14day letter to the same address as my prelim or directly to Colin Langdale.

Yes, Standard letter of procrastination. Ignore their attempts to delay and intimidate you. Stick to your own timetable.....it's your show.

Send your letter before actiion (LBA) to the same address. If it's wrong, it will be redirected to the correct address.

Secondly, if my claim goes beyond the end of March will it be adversely affected by any decision made by the OFT report into bank charges, which is also due out at end of March.
It will not affect your claim in any way. For more info on this, please click on the following link......

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/70359-about-oft-impending-report.html

It's quite a long thread, now but worth a read.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hi Acer, all you need until you file your claim with the court is a schedule of the charges you are claiming, if you have filled in one of the CAG spreadsheets just alter the print settings to leave off the interest section.

pete

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to all but due to work and other commitments I have not been able to keep my thread up to date...so where was I? Last time I was bleating on about being fobbed off by HSBC, after my prelim letter, and was contemplating sending my LBA letter. Well the printer went on the blink and the sending of the letter became delayed...out of the blue last Saturday I received my third letter from

Colin Langdale, this time with an offer to settle the matter with a sum that represents 85% of my original claim. Given my own peculiar circumstances I have decided to settle but only on the condition that the funds are paid into my account in the promised time frame...if this is not done then I will just continue with original claim...So you could say a provisional victory. I'll let you know when the money has come in and the actual amount so you can update the running total.

Thanks for all the help this site has given..it wont be forgotten.