• Tweets

• did you submit your directions
    • They have defended the claim by saying that the job was of unsatisfactory standard and they had to call another carpenter to remedy. My husband has text messages about them losing the keys a second time and also an email. What do they hope to achieve??? Most importantly,  as far as I have seen online, now I need to wait for paperwork from the court, correct?
    • The Notice to Hirer does not comply with the protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule  4 . This is before I ask if Europarks have sent you a copy of the PCN they sent to Arval along with a copy of the hire agreement et. if they haven't done that either you are totally in the clear and have nothing to worry about and nothing to pay. The PCN they have sent you is supposed to be paid by you according to the Act within 21 days. The chucklebuts have stated 28 days which is the time that motorists have to pay. Such a basic and simple thing . The Act came out in 2012 and still they cannot get it right which is very good news for you. Sadly there is no point in telling them- they won't accept it because they lose their chance to make any money out of you. they are hoping that by writing to you demanding money plus sending in their  unregulated debt collectors and sixth rate solicitors that you might be so frightened as to pay them money so that you can sleep at night. Don't be surprised if some of their letters are done in coloured crayons-that's the sort of  level of people you will be dealing with. Makes great bedding for the rabbits though. Euro tend not to be that litigious but while you can safely ignore the debt collectors just keep an eye out for a possible Letter of Claim. They are pretty rare but musn't be ignored. Let us know so that you can send a suitably snotty letter to them showing that you are not afraid of them and are happy to go to Court as you like winning.  
    • They did reply to my defence stating it would fail and enclosed copies of NOA, DN Term letter and account statements. All copies of T&C's that could be reconstructions and the IP address on there resolves to the town where MBNA offices are, not my location
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

CCA Case Law

progenic7
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 years later...

Hi everybody, it's been a while.

Thre has been a great deal said about CCA case law and the wrongs and rights of morals.

The fact that anybody challenges a CCA (s77/78) issue with the sole intention of trying to get out of paying their debt, is simply wrong.

For those of you who have been informed by all of these company leaches who incorrectly advise you of what they can and will do for you to ensure you do not have to repay your debt,

you are being conned, which is easy of course when you are being told exactly what you want to hear.

Regardless of what those of you state who claim not to be trying to get out of paying, well, you are really, as you would not be challenging anything otherwise would you (please don't lie to yourself).

If you spend the money, (including all of you crooked solicitors out there who are just as bad as anybody else and you know who you are don't you), then repy your liabilities.

Most creditors or DCA's will be empathetic, but the more you try to delay paying for no good reason, the harder you will eventually find it to strike an amicable deal and it will cost you all a great deal more in the end.

Just grow up and face the problem rather than trying to spend somebody else's money with the intention of not paying it back...other's pay for your ineptitude.

ITK

Of course ITK you are absolutely right!!!!!!!:| We are not here however to pass judgement on people, we are here to help people.

Many people have their reasons for trying to fight the large financial institutions that have made bad business decisions by giving people debt that they could not afford. I, myself, have a debt which is made up of interest from the charges they placed unlawfully on the card. I am damned if I am going to give in to this "daylight robbery".

If institutions want to do business with people then they must ensure that they have the correct paperwork to back up the contract. If they don't then they deserve everything they get. After all, it is they who have ruined the country and placed us in this godawful mess we are in now.

We are all paying for the incompetence and greed of the banks and financial institutions. I think everybody in the UK will pay 10 times over on a personal basis with all the cuts about to be announced, for any debt they owe a greedy institution.

Debt collection is a huge industry now and, even now, the greedy institutions are still trying to get back the money they have loaned irresponsibly.

I think it would be better if you didn't voice your personal opinions on here. That's not what this site is for. If you can't help, then don't visit please. Many people are trying their hardest to claw their way back to where they were before these greedy bloodsuckers got their hands on them. It's not up to you to criticise if they have to try any means at their disposal to become solvent again!!!!

Gemspan

I wonder why it is that financial institutions etc employ lawyers for the specific reason to dissect and examine contracts in order to wriggle out of agreements if it is so immoral? After all we all know the moral standards of these institutions.

Hi everybody, it's been a while.

Thre has been a great deal said about CCA case law and the wrongs and rights of morals.

The fact that anybody challenges a CCA (s77/78) issue with the sole intention of trying to get out of paying their debt, is simply wrong.

For those of you who have been informed by all of these company leaches who incorrectly advise you of what they can and will do for you to ensure you do not have to repay your debt,

you are being conned, which is easy of course when you are being told exactly what you want to hear.

Regardless of what those of you state who claim not to be trying to get out of paying, well, you are really, as you would not be challenging anything otherwise would you (please don't lie to yourself).

If you spend the money, (including all of you crooked solicitors out there who are just as bad as anybody else and you know who you are don't you), then repy your liabilities.

Most creditors or DCA's will be empathetic, but the more you try to delay paying for no good reason, the harder you will eventually find it to strike an amicable deal and it will cost you all a great deal more in the end.

Just grow up and face the problem rather than trying to spend somebody else's money with the intention of not paying it back...other's pay for your ineptitude.

ITK

Call me old fashioned, but if some company I have never done business with contacts me out of the blue, claims I owe it money, and starts making nasty threats, I would have thought, in this day of ID fraud etc, that it is our duty to check whether the company has proof of the debt - and the only real proof of a third party would be a nice legal document with my signature on it. You would feel silly if you paid up without making any enquiries, and then 6 months later, another debt collector appears out of the blue demanding you repay that debt....

Plus, you cannot use the moral argument if the debt has been sold on - you have no moral undertaking to a third party gambler, who is in effect playing roullete with bits of paper, you especially have no moral undertaking to many of our infamous debt collectors who forge a business out of bending the rules, making unpleasant threats, harrassment and breaking the law.

Thirdly, well "moral duty" in terms of borrowing nonexistent money from a bank that conjured it from thin air is a bit of an "old fashioned" view anyway, Bless. :violin:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh dear, have I hit a nerve!

Surely anybody who posts on this forum does so with their own opinions don't they?

Some people just do not like hearing the truth of matters becuase it makes them feel guilty; strange then that it is ok for companies who do try to get you out of your agreement are greeted with open arms simply because they all tell you what you want to hear.

Please explain why cca issues are always the responsibility of the creditor?...anybody who has signed an agreement is an idiot if they have not read and understood the content firstly and all of you have your own copy of that agreement and yet you request another one just in case you can argue that without it you don't have to go to court to repay the money which you spent.

When you sign on the dotted line, YOU are agreeing to repay the debt, not just spend the money without knowing how you are going to repay it.

Thank the lord that unsigned reconstituted agreements are now legally acceptable in a court of law.

That is where the real and only opinions that matter will take place.

This type of discussion is only acceptable to those of you who wish to avoid payment and that is the truth.

And Gemspan, nobody has mentioned anything about DCA's who are chasing you for debt which you do not owe, why would you bring that up?

Hypocrisy is the height of arrogance, don't you think?

Oh dear, have I hit a nerve!

Surely anybody who posts on this forum does so with their own opinions don't they?

Some people just do not like hearing the truth of matters becuase it makes them feel guilty; strange then that it is ok for companies who do try to get you out of your agreement are greeted with open arms simply because they all tell you what you want to hear.

Please explain why cca issues are always the responsibility of the creditor?...anybody who has signed an agreement is an idiot if they have not read and understood the content firstly and all of you have your own copy of that agreement and yet you request another one just in case you can argue that without it you don't have to go to court to repay the money which you spent.

When you sign on the dotted line, YOU are agreeing to repay the debt, not just spend the money without knowing how you are going to repay it.

Thank the lord that unsigned reconstituted agreements are now legally acceptable in a court of law.

That is where the real and only opinions that matter will take place.

This type of discussion is only acceptable to those of you who wish to avoid payment and that is the truth.

And Gemspan, nobody has mentioned anything about DCA's who are chasing you for debt which you do not owe, why would you bring that up?

Hypocrisy is the height of arrogance, don't you think?

The "truth" is a matter of interpretation. People often choose to interpret information in a particular way and then brand it as the "truth" when it's no such thing.

If someone wishes to challenge the validity of a CCA, then they are perfectly entitled to do so.... it's a legal request for information. There have been many companies who've claimed to "get you out of an agreement" and yes, they've told people what they want to hear. That doesn't mean that they're talking rubbish.... it just means that they want paying for providing a service that a person could do for themselves; armed with the right knowledge.

"Thank the Lord" for reconstituted agreements?" What a stupid comment. I'm wondering what else you would thank the Lord for that didn't bear your signature..... What it actually means is that the law has been bent (in my opinion) to try and protect the interests of the monied classes when if they'd had their paperwork in order in the first place instead of trying to cut corners, there would have been no need to change things so that reconstituted agreements became acceptable instead of signed ones. Whatever next?

Your posts merely highlight how easy it is to fool some into thinking that a moral code only applies to those who borrow money.....

Naivety and ignorance at its best.

Oh look, peolple are passing opinions, according to some this is not what the forum is for.

I am pleased that you recognise the naievity of consumers, but note that your interpretation of the truth seems to flount high court judges decisions.

Do you really think you know better than they?? I don't and I am sure that none of you do either.

The companies to which I refer, are all [problem] artists and the naievity in consumers who pay them good money to release them of their liability is frightening.

Whilst of course I accept that a CCA should be legally binding, I do not accept that consumers willingilly sign contracts without the knowledge of it's legality.

Everybody who applies for credit just wants the money and that is obviously the truth, yet the onus is always on the lender to prove that it is owed and not on the consumer to prove that they owe it.

As I stated previously, it's always ok to spend, but nobody really likes having to pay it back do they?

The argument is a no brainer really isn't it.

You signed an agreement, or applied on the internet without a signature, you were supplied with credit, you agreed to terms and conditions, you spend the money and then you pay it back......oh no you don't, you ignore the terms and conditions and try not to pay instead.

Give me a break!

ITK

Well of course my "interpretation" flouts a high court Judge's ruling... that particular ruling was against consumers as Claimants and not Defendants. I would never have put myself up as a Claimant in the first place.... and if those people had done their homework properly neither would they, I suspect. As a Defendant.... it's a totally different ball game, which has been discussed in depth on these forums for a long while.... on a thread which I started, as it happens. So yes, I do know better in the sense that I know the difference between stepping before a Judge as a Claimant and stepping before a Judge as a Defendant. It appears that you do not.... so what exacty are you "In the Know" about... lol. :?:

Whether consumers knowingly sign contracts in the sense that you mean is a side issue... and why on earth would it be up to the consumer to prove that they owe it? Ask yourself.... if you agreed to lend someone huge amounts of money, don't you think it would be a prudent move to make sure you kept the signed paperwork in case anything went t*ts up? Or would you expect the person who borrowed it from you to run after you begging you to acknowledge that they owed it to you spouting forth a moral duty, like some religious nut?

Life just ain't like that sunshine. It's a risky world out there..... as the global recession has shown us. The banks have stuffed up and we are still paying for the mess. Lenders have now woken up to the fact that risk is a reality when it comes to parting with money. It's only their innate greed that's turned around and bit them on the &rse in recent years re. CCA law.

Praise the Lord! :lol:

Edited by PriorityOne
typo
  • Haha 1

The bigger picture is that various Act's were passed by parliament to protect consumers. Creditors took shortcuts by manufacturing agreements that didn't comply

with the requirements of these Act's. They did this for a couple of reason's, one reason leads to another, ease of administration which leads to profit. In effect

they by passed the protection that was there for consumers. All consumers are doing is asking the question, 'where is my consumer protection?'

Hello all,

Obviously my knowledge of this business and how it works spans from both ends of the scale.

I have posted previously both 'for and against' practices by DCA's, but it is always blatently obvious to me that this type of forum is always about people who do not have the slightest conception of how a DCA operates and how reliant they are on information supplied by a creditor and consequently all it really is, in this type of instance, is a place for debtors to hear what they want to about how to avoid facing up to their responsibilities.

You can be as offensive as you wish to be, but at the end of the day, without having the background knowledge of various cases and the truth behind what some consumers allegations are (which are normally of course completely one sided) you actually have no right to spout what is wrong and right because you have no conception of how the law works, how compliant DCA's in the norm have to be and yes of course I accept that a lot of them are not (but ceratinly not all, although it is the nature of the beast to be tarred with the same brush) and to this end the forum just turns in to an area to have a moan about whatever you want to and the creditor or DCA, due to compliance, does not have a right to respond.

Can you possibly imagine what it would be like if there was a forum designed for creditor's and DCA's who were able to respond with their own point of view on all of the cases complained about in these forums, you would be amazed at the information that consumers to do not tell you about because they do not want to be put under the spotlight, they only state what makes them look hard done by (naturally).

There is always two sides to every story, but in reality and according to most on this forum, there is in fact only one side which is of course the one that is right and with views which can't possibly be wrong about anything.

Everybody who asks for help is normally in trouble with debt and whilst I again accept that there are some who genuinely need good advice, for the most part and from what I have derived from this forum, they do not always get it because all you seem to want to do is to put consumers in a position whereby they create more problems for themselves than they are looking for.

Nobody is above the law regardless of whether you are the accuser or the accused, both sides are equally liable to abide with what the law of the land states and whilst you may not agree with it and think you know better, your judgment is not material because it doesn't matter what you think and I'm afraid that you are stuck with that.

What am I in the know about?

More than you can possibly imagine and at least I do not have the arrogance to be so completely short sighted, single minded

and blinkered.

ITK

You can be as offensive as you wish to be, but at the end of the day, without having the background knowledge of various cases and the truth behind what some consumers allegations are (which are normally of course completely one sided) you actually have no right to spout what is wrong and right because you have no conception of how the law works

Oh really..... is that so? :lol:

Your posts and username suggest that you're "In The Know" about nothing much, to be honest...... :blah: