Can anyone give me advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm currently a full-time student without a regular income after my contract expired from my part-time job in January. Recently, I've been charged roughly £80 by halifax over a £10 transaction.

It all started when I decided to sell some of my old computer games on ebay (ironically, to raise money). My paypal account has two bank accounts registered to it, my Halifax current account and my old Halifax websaver account. I bought six games up for sale on ebay, which roughly came up with a £10 listing cost, which I thought was going to my current account (which could afford the charge). It turned out, that paypal charged my websaver account, which had about 12p in it as I was intending to close it.

Halifax, billed me £40 for this charge, which I feel is an unfair amount. I was unable to get enough money together to get me out of debt, so yesterday they charged me another £30 on top of this.

This all seems like a small amount of money compared to everyone else's problems it seems, but to me £70 which I can't pay back due to a lack of a job is a huge amount. I now have 10 days before they can charge me another £30 for not being able to afford this current charge! Do I have a legal leg to stand on, or am I basically out in the cold on this issue?

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks