Captital One Sold Debt Although They Had CCJ

storm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Capital One obtained a CCJ against me in the days when I just rolled over without a fight.

Anyway, we had been making payments in line with the CCJ until all these charges came to light.

We are in the process of making a claim to get the charges back which pretty much wipes out the balance left, however Capital have now sold the debt on to Lowell

Lowell are threatening court action and CCJ's etc, my question is this, can they actually obtain another CCJ for what is in fact the same debt

Of course if and when we get the money back from Capital we will pay it off but Lowell may well act before Capital pay anything back

You can only get one CCJ on an account, so not sure what Lowell are up to.

I assume that you have sent an sar to Cap 1?

If so, write to Lowells pointing out that there is already a CCJ on the account, and as you are contesting the charges levied on the debt which

will virtually eliminate the debt, taking you to Court seems a lost cause.

Hopefully, they will either return the debt, or leave you in peace till the dust

has cleared.

Once you tell them the account is in dispute [though you may need to be at

the lba stage at least] and Lowells continue chasing you, complain to

Trading Standards and show them a copy of the letter you sent to Lowells

advising them of your situation.

Thanks for that, yes I have actually just had the standard delaying tactic response from Capital after the LBA, but actually sent them an LBA about 2months ago, its just that other issues cropped up so it was put on the backburner somewhat

I'm sure that is why Capital sold it on, but actually woudln't be surprised if Lowell don't know anything about the dispute or there being a CCJ already

After all I'm sure the banks/cc companies have no hesitancy in not being totally honest with collection agencies as well as consumers