going to court soon

getthere
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can anyone offer any advice - have to file court papers on the 27 and am really confused the best way to go N1 form or online? can i copy and paste the N1 form avaliable on this website and take that in to local court or do they have the form avaliable in the court, and do i need to take any paperwork with me to the court. sorry for all the questions am really confused and dont want to mess this up:confused:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can download N1 from here:

N1 Claims form in .PDF format with form filling

N1 Claims form in .PDF format with form filling

and cut and paste the POCs from here

N1 - hard copy version - Particulars of claim

4. Particulars of claim - N1 - hard copy version

you cannot save the download N1 so when you have filled it out, print off several copies

do i need to take any paperwork with me to the court.

Only your schedule of charges

micheal,

thank you so much will prepare these ready, barclays had sent me a letter in response to my first letter asking for charges back saying they will be in touch on or before the 16 March but i have not heard anything, in the mean time my 14 days had expired and have sent the LBA, should i contact Barclays regarding their deadline or ignore it and contiue to my deadlines? anyone had any of these letters before?

Recieved a letter of offer today off barclays for 1135 orginal claim 1510 and with interest it amounts to over 2 grand i am sending the letter of rejection today - if barclays do not contact me within the time scale set in my LBA i take it that i continue on with court papers, - will it be for outstanding amount (with settlement offer taken off) or do i claim for full amount as orginally requested. Sorry to be a pain

Thanks Torigirl_uk

Thanks for that posted my rejection of settlement offer on the 21st and barclays have until 27th March to reply will file papers on the 28th March, will be getting N1 form ready over the weekend

can anyone help on this part

how do i work out the court interest, i obviously know how much my charges are and the 8 % interest, as i have used the spreadsheet to do this but how to i work out the court interest

Also

When sending my schedule of charges to barclays i also included a how much the 8 % interest amounts to i done this back in Jan, so when filing my N1 do i have to add the amount of interest i sent in with charges or do i redo the charges to total amount of interest to date.

I am thankful for all your support

but how to i work out the court interest

Do you mean the daily rate? iF so it's just your charges x 0.00022

do i redo the charges to total amount of interest to date.

If you open the spreadsheet it uses the date on your computer to automatically update the interest to today's date.

Thank for your reply Micheal sorry for going over the same things again just want to be sure that i get it right, unfortunatly no i did not use the spreadsheet on this website i used the one on GMTV site as i did not find out about this site untill i has sent of my first letter for request of charges but must say as soon as i logged on i was converted this is a brilliant site. So in response to your response do i just do a new spreadsheet (off this website) and with updated interest charges to date and on the N1 claim form do i add this 8% interest under the overdraft interest sum and under the interest under the courts act enter the amount calculated using (your charges x 0.00022)

sorry to ask again just wanna make sure i am so rubbish with maths.

GT

just out of interest have you used the spreadsheet from CAG to compare figures on your sheet?

If you do this, as Michael states, the interest is auto updated so when Barclays contact you to settle, you can open your excel document and it will be there in front of you.

dont forget to add your court costs on too.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Thats perfect. Thank you so much for everything you are really a great help, am now filling in my N1 form and just wanna make sure i got my numbers right for the court interest i calculated that it is £880.91 from £1510.00 charges and £492.08 interest added that together and X by 0.00022 which i got 0.44 then X 0.44 by charges including interest - is that right giving me a total of £2882.99. Please help really cant afford to mess this up.

Hi can anyone help i took my N1 claim to my local county court and the lady on the reception said that under the Charges section where i have put overdraft interest i need to state what sort of interest it is like under the court interest it states it comes from section 69 i have to do the same thing for the overdraft interest. has this happened to anyone else and does anyone know what i need to add to make the judge know where the interest is comming from, also the lady said something about whether it is contractual interest and including something from my terms and conditions? Can anyone help barclays LBA deadline was 27/3/07 which is today

i don't think you can add the interest on to your charges to get your daily rate of interest.

i think you should have charges + 8% interest under s69.

you can then claim daily interest from the day you served your claim which is 0.00022 times your charges (£1510) which comes to 0.33 per day.

i hope thats right , maybe someone could clarify it better.

i see where you have got mixed up.

your charges come to £1510 and you can claim 8% statutary interest under section 69 of the county court act.

you can also claim a daily rate of interest which is the figure you get when you multiply your charges by 0.00022 which comes to 0.33 a day in your case from the start of your claim or the date you submit your n1.

this is what you should have stated in your particulars of claim.

could you post your particulars just to clarify what you have stated.

Hi all

Thanks for all your help and responses have now filed my N1 claim form done this on 28/3/2007 - got help with all the interest charges from a lady in the finance department at work who has claimed back her charges.

now reading up on the next stage.

now keeping my fingers crossed that barclays will settle soon.

will post my progress

Hi just a little update (with a question- as usual) i telephoned barclays (I know i shouldnt) but i have a second claim with them for £210 and the deadline for my LBA is on the 5th April and have not recieved any letters from them watsoever, and thought to myself are they really gonna go through the court process for £210 so i checked to see if they have signed for my letters - they have then i called and lady at barclays said they have no record of my letters and said that she would start the complaint from today - i did not want to do this as this does not seem fair if they have lost my letters, i suggested i photocopy my letters and recorded delivery slips and send them to them but really not sure what to do - not send them anything but stick to my deadlines or start again - any ideas