first letter sent now what?

Bezrez
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

sent my prelim letter by recorded delivery y-day asking for my money back (without interest at this stage) . so just got to sit and wait now for their reply (which i expect to be a miserly offer).

is there anything i could be doing to prepare for future action at this stage? i have copies of spreadsheets and letters sent.

Hi Berez

I am at the same stage as you. I have sent my prelim letter with the following columns

1) the type of charge ( unpaids out, paid referrals)

2) amount

3) date of charge

I just used the spreadsheet on this site.

I sent it recorded delivery so that I have proof of posting it should there be any quibbles.

Now we just have to wait until the 14 days are up for them to respond.

Then we send a LBA informing them that we will take them to court if they dont pay. I intend to include a paragraph on 'wasted costs' to let them know I am aware of the strategy they use and would be claiming for that as well.

John

Hello again Bezrez (got your name right this time :D)

I have received my reply from the bank so you should be getting yours soon.

I got the ' we are looking into it' story. Let me know how you get on.

hi gizitbak

didn't notice mistake in name :D

anyway when did you send you prelim off? mines only been a week so at least another week 2 go.

so you just received the standard fob off then?

will post again when my letter comes through but expecting the same reply as you and evry1 else got.:rolleyes:

hi all.

just received barclays response to prelim, got the standard 'looking into it but can't be sure it will be within your timescale outlined in your letter. full report will be available in 8 weeks'.

so now as the 14 days are up on the 16th i will be preparing my next stage of LBA to send on the 16th. by the way my letter was signed by andrew kerr (sure i've seen his name somewhere on this site!).

so any suggestions will be greatly received.

will keep posting updates as and when they happen.

good luck to all.:D

• 2 weeks later...

hi just a quick update.

sent LBA off recorded delivery on sat 19th may so they should have received it 2day.

is there anything i should be doing to prepare for next stage or do i just wait for the 14 days to be up? thinking that they are not going to responed to my LBA i would like to be prepared in advance if possible.

thanks all.

• 2 weeks later...

update....

received letter y-day in response to my letter dated 1/5/07 (prelim letter). stating they will respond by 28/6/07. no mention of my LBA dated 19/5/07!

what i wish to know is if i give them until this date will it harm my claim by not playing to my timescales given to them in letters (can't afford court fee this month) or will it make no difference to the courts?

It wont make much difference to the court .... (you are being very nice to the bank and letting them have the time they need ) tho we all know that they are only using delaying tactics here

• 4 weeks later...

hi all

update: today (as per their time scale ) i have received a letter offering me £1305. This is without admissions of liability and says nothing of without predjudice. "this is with the cost and inconvenience inherent in a further dispute in mind and is intended as a gesture of goodwill, in full and final settlement of my complaint". If i accept then funds will be in my bank within 10 working days of receipt of acceptance . it goes on to say that if i am dissatisfied with their proposal i may refer it to the financial ombudsman service.

Do you think it would be worth a call to see if they up the offer or would it be a waste of time?

Hi Bezrez

Have you still not put in a claim? Look at your SOC spreadsheet to see what you would be getting if you added the 8% as this is the full refund figure that you are entitiled to as of today.

Work out the difference to what they are offering and you yourself are the only one who can decide whether you're willing to let them keep xx amount in exchange for getting a percentage of your money back quicker.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

They wont increase the offer that they have made so its your decision as to accepting or not ....... as welshcakes said check your spread sheet see what figure that gives then decide :)

saint