nat worst bank

bob m
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Another disgruntled nat worst customer here, actually I`m a former customer, having changed bank 12 months ago. question - what effect will it have being a former account holder and I have a loan with nat worst, is it poss that they could legally hold any payments claimed by me against said loan?

bob m

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Sorry to take so long to decide to persue this claim, I need some advice before I begin. nattie called it correctly, my loan and account are with credit management services. I am therefore aware they will probably pay any dues won into that account. Having read other threads this seems to be the case. An agreement is now being sorted for payment thro` a finacial advisor for this account. I have a few questions if anyone can help. 1, The bank account with nat worst has been closed from feb 06

it was opened in 1983, how far do back do I request for SAR?

2,In the case of my situation with CMS, do I wait for an agreed payment schedule or send SAR anytime?

3,Do I only accept full amount if I win the claim? Will they offer less? Will they offer anything?

4, Am I right in persueing this claim? Is there anyone else in this mess?

sorry all the questions but I need to know. Thanks bob m

bob m

i'm NOT saying Nattie is wrong (i'm not crazy you know:D ) but I recently won my claim with Natwest and it related to an account that is currently with Credit Management

they didn't ask for all of it - just sent me a cheq as per

so i would say don't worry as I am pretty sure retaliatory banking of this kind would not be a good idea for Natwest

anyone else?

sod:D

Hi everyone,

I must be thick or daft or both...what address do I use for SAR to natworst? Is it the branch address or do I have to access Data Protection Reg? If so how? What info do I use? Thanks all.....bob m

As for how far back you can go, ask for the lot, right back to day one. The general concensus seems to be that it is possible to claim beyond the original 6 year deadline. I can't say that this is gospel, but I am trying it myself.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=12&a=80

As for an address, this should get you going with your SAR.

Retail Regulatory Risk

2nd Floor

Cornerstone

60 South Gyle Crescent

Edinburgh

EH12 9WF.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/74934-natwest-contact-information.html

Hope this helps, and good luck.

tried chatroom y`day, great if I had time to use it. The info I got was concerning the claim of 20 odd years charges. Please explain S32 statute of limitations act. where and how do I get this info?, is it in library? Have reproduced SAR ready for posting, now I`m confused. could be that I`m thick or too much of a hurry, I want me money back!

Sounds like you and me are reading from the same page fella. In fact if I didn't know better I would be convinced that I was sleep posting under a second alias. Other than you wanting to go back 20 years, we are, as you said, very much in the same boat.

I find myself getting more confused everyday. I've decided, one step at a time. SAR gone, forget about it as much as I can now until the statements arrive or the 40 days are up. Then when I've been able to calculate what is due to me I will start and worry about the next step.

I spent quite a while browse this site and must admit it makes my head hurt. So the clock is on count down and I will use this site only to keep track of what others are doing and to see what obstacles I might expect to come up against until it is time for me to take the next step.

This is a process that will hopefully bring substantial finnancial reward, and as such we should be rejoicing at the prospect, not giving ourselves migranes. Be patient bob, and keep the faith. There are many people here who are only to willing to help, they will hopefully make this a more bearable and fruitful journey.

Letter signed, cheque raised, SAR in envelope. Is it wise to send it registered post? Also, if after 40 days there is no response, do I resend another or phone? I ask this based on the assumption they will definately pfaff me about, as I`m going back to 1983 on an account that was held for 23 years, now closed. And as a double check before posting, do I have to send or request for anything else? thanks people bob m

Bob

Recorded Delivery for ALL correspondence regarding EVERYTHING. Also keep meticulous records of your own.

It only costs about a quid - you have proof of sending and can track the delivery online. Simply not negotiable.

Cheque to NatWest Bank as they hold the data.

Nothing else to send, just the letter and the cheque. The rest comes later. If they don't respond after 40 days you take action, but worry about that if it happens.

Make sure that you demand their full records, not just the last 6 years. They like to only send you the last 6, but you have a legal right through SAR to everything.

Go gettem, and do follow the other threads on NatWest Forum:-D

Varangian Guard

• Haha 1

Sar posted registered mail today. let battle commence! this could be interesting claiming for 23 years of torment! Seriously has anyone claimed for, and recieved 20+ years statements? (postie will need a barrow!) I am also concerned that even though the account is closed, it is at credit management services. What, if any will be the consequences of that situation? I am aware they will probably reduce the amount i owe in the event of a successful claim. Is there a possibility of a counter-claim against me for monies owed? any info greatly recieved, thanks people.

Hi All, I`ve posted DPA SAR, 16th. It then dawned on me that I could possibly have some old statements somwhere. I have since located some going back to 2000, not all but a good proportion. Its now that I need a little help, it was an advantage gold account with in sme cases a credit zone o/d facility. firstly do I claim for the interest charge on cr/zone?, and please confirm that I cannot claim for Ad. Gold charge? I am claiming back as far as I can on a 23 year account, so these statement should help me get things started.

Nattie informs that they should be able to go back 15 years, so someones telling porkies at nat worst. I envisage a performance of theatrical proportions to retrieve my account details. but they shall not fob me off!

Guest NATTIE

it is a 30 second jobbie, in my opinion, NatWest this is your last warning. If you do not know then i will post some details how to get the information that is being requested. No further warning will be given for breaches of the law, i will simply bounce on and on and on. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED NATWEST(see the avatar, i can squeal!!)

Hurray for Nattie!!! Love it when you get angry with em' Nattie!!! xxx :D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Lol Lol Criipes I wished you worked HSBC Nattie right now. I want to start on my old Midland Bank account from 20 years ago, but dont know how the heck to get hold of statements going back that far............ such a pity, nobody else knows on HSBC thread either. Bit of a bummer that. Lol.. Fendy xxx