Prodjb Vs HSBC

prodjb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent the first letter to the Mark Bowden address , no response. I have just calculated my total charges and they came out at a surprising £2690.

I have now sent the second letter with the request for all charges to be returned and await their response.

I have addressed that to my local branch in the hope I may get a more speedy reply.

We will see!!!!!

Welcome to the forums.

Good luck, we'll keep watching for updates

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 3 weeks later...

Well surprisingly I have had a response from the HSBC it reads.......

Dear Mr XXXXXXX XXXXX XXXXXXXX

Thank you for your recent letters concerning charges applied to your account. I am sorry you have had cause to complain.

We do not agree with your contention that the charges that have been imposed by the Bank constitute a penalty clause and are therefore unenforceable.

The contract between the Bank and it's customer is governed by HSBC's standard Terms & Conditions. In respect of unauthorised overdrafts, the relevant clauses are 7.11 to 7.18. In these circumstances, there is a process that involves the Bank considering whether or not to pay the item. A fee is payable for this and the fees are as set out in the published price list.

We enclose a copy of the Terms & Conditions and a copy of the latest price list for your information.

If you wish to continue your complaint and pursue the refund further as you mentioned in your letter a figure of £2,690.00, you will need to quantify your claim. Please provide full details of your claim, including the amounts and dates, in writing to the address attached. This information is readily available to you by viewing your previous statements. These can be accessed by using Internet Banking. Alternatively you can obtain copy statements from any HSBC branch. Please be advised that there may be a charge for this service which will be no more than £10 depending on the number of copy statements requested. The bank cannot quantify or prepare your claim.

Thank you once again for taking the time to bring your concerns to the Bank's attention. I am only sorry that it was necessary for you to do so. I hope this clarifies matters to your satisfaction. However should this not be the case, the attached guidance sheet explains the next steps available to you.

Yours sincerely

David L Johnson

Customer Service Officer

FULL RESPONSE

We hope that you will be entirely happy with the attached response and as a consequence your complaint can now be considered resolved.

Should you wish to discuss your concerns further, please feel free to write to us at the address shown at the foot of our letter. Alternatively if you wish to escalate your complaint to the next stage in our internal complaint handling procedures, you can write to our Customer Relations Department, enclosing a copy of this letter.

The full address is:

HSBC Bank pic

Service Quality Team

Arlington Business Centre

Millshaw Park Lane

Leeds LS110PP

If we do not hear from you within the next eight weeks, we will consider matters resolved. Complaints we cannot resolve can be referred ultimately to the Financial Ombudsman Service, further details of which can be found in the our "Listening to your Comments" leaflet (enclosed).

Where do I go from here, a bit of guidance would be helpful. I am prepared to go to court if need be but I am starting to believe the banks may have something nasty up there sleeves.....a defence maybe???

Who knows

All the best chaps

PRODJB

well i've not seen that exact wording before, however its all the same thing really, they are just trying to put you off, dont listen to them, stick to your timetable, and submit your claim if you dont get a satisfactory response

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Many thanks maverick...

I have spent a long time reading all the posts on HSBC and hadnt seen a letter quite like it before... Just thought i would check.

I am considering sending them another letter basically telling them that court action is iminent and a speedy response is needed and out of courtesy will be waiting for a few more days , basically the rest of the 14 days originally set..

I am prepared to go to court if needed, but would prefer a pre court settlement.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

PRODJB

I have now just checked my account and further charges are due to be applied to my account so I will be sending this new letter to the HSBC..... Any advice as to wether this is a good idea...

HSBC Bank PLC

Service quality Team

Milshaw Park Lane

Leeds

LS11 0PP

8th June 2006

Dear Sir/Madam,

SORT CODE: XX-XX-XX

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXXX

Thank you for your letter dated 6th June 2006, I appreciate the speed in which you responded to my previous letter.

However, in response to my claim for £2690 The amount is now £2815 after subsequent punitive charges being applied to the account. I must remind you that these charges are unlawful in Common Law.

And as stated in my previous letter giving you 14 days in which to refund these unlawful charges, I will be sticking to my original deadline to recover this amount and will now be filing immediately to the courts after your refusal to refund the full amount.

No further letters will be sent.

Yours Faithfully

Etc Etc

PRODJB

Changed my mind...... it's obvious they are trying to put me off!!! Just going to file on moneyclaim now.... :)

Just a quick word of advice ..... Do i put my local HSBC branch address or the main registered office ( 8 Canada Square)

Had a good look throught the FAQ's cant find the answer to that one

put down your local branch, but dont forget you dont have to put a specific name on it, just hsbc plc will do, as you cant name an individual employee

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Did you not send them the schedule of charges they requested? Although they obviously have the information already it may be worth writing to them saying you enclose the schedule of charges and will be filing a claim on xx/xx/xx if you have not had a satisfactory response by then.

OC

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry not posted for a bit ... been away on holiday!

All ready to persue my claim on the moneyclaim site now.... but I am still unclear as to what to put in the amount to be claimed, do i put the full amount with the 8% apr added or the basic full amount with the option to reserve the right to claim interest.

Also, as to the particulars of the claim how am I best wording this section.

Any help always appreciated. !!

PRODJB:)

Sorry not posted for a bit ... been away on holiday!

All ready to persue my claim on the moneyclaim site now.... but I am still unclear as to what to put in the amount to be claimed, do i put the full amount with the 8% apr added or the basic full amount with the option to reserve the right to claim interest.

Also, as to the particulars of the claim how am I best wording this section.

Any help always appreciated. !!

you have to tick the box to claim the interest, but also the total amount is exactly that, everything bar court fees (which are added on automatically), there are some very good threads with what to put in the particulars of claim box, however there is also something in the library section if you have a look, it will need a bit of juggling though, as there are too many lines (not words) once you put in the bit about interest aswell

if you havent already sent them a charges summary do this at the same time as it will save you time in the long run

pm your details of the claim to one of the senior moderators (red)

and send off your charges summary to the bank first class quoting your claim number with an attatched letter

Many thanks again Maverick I will send the letter and print out of the charges first thing in the morning, it reads-----!

HSBC Bank PLC

Service Quality Team

Millshaw Park Lane

Leeds

LS11 0PP

Dear Sir/Madam,

SORT CODE: XXXXXXX

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

After correspondence between HSBC PLC and myself, and an unsatisfactory outcome to reclaim my punitive bank charges I have now issued a claim in the Northampton County Court (claim number 6QZ42719).

A full list of these charges and interest is enclosed.

Yours faithfully,

if you go to the main forum page here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

and scroll to the bottom you'll notice all the people online if you click on their name you will be able to see their public profile and or send a pm (green mods are ok aswell)

Had the usual DG solicitors response asking for a break down of all the charges !

That will be on the way in the morning !

And then wait !!

Wish me luck

Thanks Maverick !! LOL

Just done the letter to send to DG Solicitors with the full breakdown of charges and they will be posted in the morning !:)

I am now more determined than ever !

I have been thinking back about all the times I have sat in on a weekend skint after being hammered for charges and I'm fully prepared to got to court if need be and expose these "Banks" (I can think of other words for them).

Fired up and ready to go !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks