style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not as scared as them!! ;-)

My guess is that you'll get a letter from their solicitor offering a % of your claim - refuse it and you'll get the lot.

They may enter a defence to the court first to try to scare you off - remember - you have nothing to lose apart from the court costs - IF you lose, which I don't think you will. You are suing them, not the other way around - you have nothing to be scared of. They are just seeing how far you will take it. It's probably cost effective for them to do this - for every 1 that takes it all the way, there's probably 9 that would have gotten scared and walked away from it.

It's my opinion that they know that they will lose in court - that's the last thing they want.

Do you really think that a firm with £2 billion in it's cheque clearing account at any one time is going to take that risk for a paltry 3k?

I don't.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

I have today received the Acknowledgement of Service from the Court. A&L intend to defend all of the claim (we are claiming around £2,900!). Now I am scared!!!

Don't worry - they did that to me - then sent me a cherque for the full amount and costs !

Now I am scared!!!

and that's what they want ;)

If you find this post useful, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the top right corner. Thanks ;)

My DPA request was sent to A&L on 12 March. They responded very quickly (but charged me £10 the privilige!) I received their standard letters in response to my request for money (ie no!) I started legal proceedings on 8 May. To my horror A&L said they were going to defend the claim. I must admit I then got scared and dreaded the postman arriving each day. But it was all worth it - this morning I received a cheque for £2,750. Obviously A&L are not admitting liability and have said they will be in touch regarding my conduct of the account! My kids are happy writing lists on how it will be spent. And now I can afford to start legal proceedings against HSBC as well.

If A&L will settle for this amount there is hope for a lot of people.

So take my advice and go for it - you have nothing to loose.

Good luck

Congratulations !!!!!

Don't forget to fill in one of our surverys, and remember that the site can only survive on donations, all gratefully received.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Great news Kerry. Never mind the kids you did the work so you should get the treats, along with a donation for BAG maybe.

Looks like you might need your parachute account and make sure your overdraft is cleared if McUth's experience is anything to go by.

But in the mean time, enjoy! You deserve it.:D

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

In anticipation of my next nice letter from A&L telling me they will close my account, I will open another one. Will the issue with A&L cause me problems opening an account with anyone else? The claim was on our joint account but my husband's personal account is also with them - will they want to close his account as well?

Well done Kerry. My claim is issued so this gives me hope that my cheque's not too far away!

Cheers, Paul

Alliance & Leicester, £2944.66 settled in full, donation made!!!

Capitol One (Partner), £475.01 settled in full, donation made!!!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks