do i need to write or can i just phone the bank for the statements?

dolanmusic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

dolanmusic sorry to sound negative but you must have it in writing, the banks are aware of your actions as soon as you ask for your statements, dont you think that they could say YES and after some 40 days later you find the statements arent with you yet and through the liomitation act also you lost the first 40 days of charges six years ago as your SAR says if you discover there are disproportionate penalties you will be claiming them back.

Your choice but why take a chance.

there are a couple of key issues here, the first is that if you ring you have not served them with a sar, it has to be in writing, it says so in the DPA.

Secondly if you do it in writing then if after 40 days they havent complied you can complain to the ico or file at court for non compliance

thrdly the SAR you use on the site asks for all the transactions and charges you have incurred since the start of your account and manuak intervention too.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

ok , maybe best to keep it simple then. letter is ready , and printed, which in itself feels great. Going to make a good donation on completion of this. worries me slightly that i live in northern ireland now and my bank is in manchester, although the online small claims thing may help considerably. would have difficulty having to file action in manchester although if i have to i will.

what also concerns me is the impending ruling from the o.f.t. which may override my claim, though i guess i should just get on with this, as ive been ripped off for so so long, every single month,.

they wont give me a £2,000 loan to clear the debt even though i had no problem in obtaining a £150,000 mortgage recently through another financial establishment. They like me being bad at handling my money. im convinced they wont give me a loan cause they know theyre making more from me now.

anyway rant over

thanks all

what also concerns me is the impending ruling from the o.f.t. which may override my claim, though i guess i should just get on with this, as ive been ripped off for so so long, every single month,.

You needn't be concerned about the OFT report. The OFT doesn't make the law and their credit card report made no difference whatsoever to the thousands of credit card claims that have gone through since it was released.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

why is it six years most people go with?

Basically becuase they dont understand what theyre doing and the banks have been succesful at making them think they cannot challenge them on this, the limitations act.

if i could claim further back they'd owe me another £3000/£4000 over another 6 years at a rough estimate.

The choice is yours but the site SAR template asks for all your trnsactional history and if the bank have it they have to supply it, if they refuse then they have failed to comply with the DPA and you have a right to either complain to the ICO or to fiel a claim at court to force complaince. I prefer the latter route.

Then you can make an informed choice as to how to progress your claim, personally I would claim everyhting they had taken.

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA