curlywurly v barclays

curlywurly4964
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Just an update as seems to have been ages since anything actually happened. Have spoken to the court they have received my letter with the small claims direction and have noted it and added it to my file. Thats it!...... Dont think they have done anything else at all and Im still waiting for my court date.its no fun not calling the shots on the time scale anymore,

The waiting at this stage is the worse part, it seems to feel like forever. Just think though, every day that passes you are one day closer to receiving your settlement.

It wouldn't hurt to phone the court on the odd occasion, sometimes a little push doesn't go a miss!!

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

Becomes a bit of a habit after a while....pouncing on the postie in hope of a big fat cheque.....lol

Not too long now though!!

Nat West 2nd Acc

Nat West 1st Acc

I'm sure there are quite a few who just brush it all aside and forget about the whole thing. Thats why the banks try their stupid delaying tactics, in hope of people giving in. We're all stronger than that though and if we all stick together and share our experiences then we will ALL get our money back.

We got them banks on the back foot now!!!

Nat West 2nd Acc

Nat West 1st Acc

Curly as Trish says thats why they delay as much as possible ... i know if it was my hubby he would of got fed while waiting for our statements to come through .. they hope that people get fed up /intimidated/believe them when they say they are looking into it and hope to resolve it soon

Becomes a bit of a habit after a while....pouncing on the postie in hope of a big fat cheque.....lol

Not too long now though!!

well theres someone who isnt going to be happy to see you win!

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Curly just remember every day that passes means you are making more interest on the claim. So your always a winner :)

MBNA **WON** at prelim stage £1518.30 :)

Barclays claim for £1800:- S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 / Prelim sent 20/02/07 / LBA sent 08/03/07 / N1 submitted 29/03/07 / AQ Submitted 11/05/07 / Defence struck out 05/06/07 / Judgement Order filed 07/06/07 /Cheque received and cashed 14/06/07 £2692.00

well theres someone who isnt going to be happy to see you win!

You never know, the postie might actually enjoy it....:-|

Nat West 2nd Acc

Nat West 1st Acc

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update, I got a letter from the court today with a date for a direction hearing, its 20th August. I know its ages away but ive emailed Dino just to find out who is dealing with my claim. So postie gets a rest for a while now, its Dino's turn lol

I was on a court date high yesterday and had an immediate reply from Dino I decided to go for broke and email Paul Quinn, I sent Dar£n3's post 24 on the good or evil thread.

Paul replied this morning

"Thank you for you reply. I am awaiting information from our accounts dept. There is a large backlog in this process due to the large volumes of claims we are experiencing. Once I have this information I may decide to make you an offer. If I decided to I estimate that I shall be able to do so in approximately 3 weeks time. It shall be in the form of a letter which will be posted to the address you have specified on your claim form."

Admittedly it isnt an offer and is definetely a go away and wait letter, BUT I still got a reply and within 24 hours. Little things ............

:) :) :) :) :)

Curlywurly, not quite there but it's encouraging. Also, PQ replied to email which he's not famous for doing.

Slowly, slowly - catchy Barlcly.

Hang on in there, Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update have written to paul q again today as he said he will reply in approx 3 weeks, so sent a short note just to remind him I'm still here and waiting really. My direction hearing is 3 weeks away and from what ive been reading on here looks like more and more people are having to go to this hearing, is this simply to see who will back down or are they so snowed under this hearing gives them a bit extra time do you think!! Cant say Im looking forward to going to court (dreading it actually) but reading what happens and reading others experiences really helps.

Thanks guys

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Directions hearing which was set for 20th August has been "vacated"

According to District Judge Rogers at Telford County Court

It is ordered that

1. this claim is stayed until further order with a view to awaiting the final decision in the test case( which shall be interpreted as the outcome of any appeal or the expiry of time for permission to appeal the first instance decision)

2. the defendant shall within 28 days of the final decision in the test case file at court and serve on the claimant;

a) a case summary of not more than 500 words setting out the effect of that decision

b) their proposed directions in this claim

3. Upon receipt of the documents set out at paragraph 2 of this order the file be refered to a resident District Judge to consider further directions

Is this a standard stay? Telford Court seems to have stayed all pending cases

Back to the waiting now then ,,