• Tweets

• I don't think I've ever seen someone appeal a mags court decision on fare evasion, JK, but as you say in this case TiredDodo has pleaded guilty. It is possible to challenge, as below. HB Appeal a magistrates’ court decision: Overview - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK How to challenge a decision by a magistrates' court. Including how to get a fine reviewed, if you did not know about your case, how to appeal to the...  
    • Update! I have now opened the mail from Barclaycard. I am assuming that their letters were prompted by my confirmation to them of my change of address, which I had advised them of twice. They are treating my change of address notification as a "General Data Protection Regulation Right of Access Request"  and state that I have made a "Right of Access Request. They are asking me to provide valid indentity documents! I have made no such request and am minded to ignore their request for extra information? I should add that their letters were sent to my correct current address!
    • Are you allowed to appeal if you plead guilty?   I know you appeal the sentence, but the criminal record formed from your guilt would surely remain?   I'm not sure if your able to appeal a crimianl record if you plead guilty are you?
    • DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
    • Yes, a few months ago. They wrote back saying there was no CCA and the debt was unenforcable. I then started gtting bombarded with threatening emails from their 'litigations team' which have been sent to spam. I've now recieved the letter before claim with the PAP form enclosed, but still no CCA or even a letter from them to say the debt is deemed enforcable. Thank you.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

ColinGB20&wife V Halifax ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We sent our SAR letter 27/02/07 along with a cheque, but as yet this has not been cashed. Who is best to contact just to see if they received our letter, or would a visit to our local branch be better. Unfortunately we did not send the SAR letter by registered post, just normal.

We do not want to chase them just to check that we are in the system.

Any contact numbers or advise greatfully accepted.

ColinGB20

SAR sent 27/02/07 (no reply yet)

ColinGB20 & Wife.

Don't let the B**tards wear you down !!

If in doubt, deny it.

Hi, you should find something that'll help here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/212-email-contact-details-halifax.html

Oh and be sure to send all your letters by at least recorded delivery, because they then cant wiggle of the stick, if you have proof that it was received by

them ;)

Good luck

X

Tippety toeing where angels fear to tread .... :o

Hey and I thought of that all by my lonesome :cool:

1st Data Protection Act letter Halifax - 30th Sept 2006

Non compliance letter sent 23rd November 2006 :mad:

Preliminary request for repayment sent 11th Dec 06

Reply from the Halifax stating that they're investigating my concerns!!!.... Rec 15th Dec 06

LBA sent 30th December 2006 :mad:

Offer from Halifax of £814.00 - 5th January 2007

Rejection of Settlement Offer - 6th January 2007 ;)

Papers filed at Court - 29th January 2007

:) Settled in Full, 16th March, 2007

We sent an e-mail 17/03/07 to customer relations at Halifax requesting confirmation that our SAR was in the system. Very politely asked for acknowledgement of receipt only...................

Informed them of the deadline date for reply, now just wait again.

SAR Sent 27/02/2007 (No statements yet.)

E-mail sent 17/03/2007 (Receipt of SAR requested) - Cust relations :rolleyes:

ColinGB20 & Wife.

If in doubt, deny it.

Well, today they cashed our cheque for £10 so we now know that our statements should be on their way soon........No don't laugh.

It has taken 22 days since we first contacted the Halifax with the DPA request. They must be busy?

Be patient my friends, Have strength it will happen for you.

P.S. What an Eye opener that whistleblower programme was last night, no wonder the banks do not want to go to court over their charges.

SAR Sent 27/02/2007 with cheque

E-mail sent 17/03/2007 (Receipt of SAR requested) - Cust relations

Cheque cashed by Halifax 22/03/2007.(Now wait for post)icon6.gif

ColinGB20 & Wife.

If in doubt, deny it.

Well, today they cashed our cheque for £10 so we now know that our statements should be on their way soon........No don't laugh.

It has taken 22 days since we first contacted the Halifax with the DPA request. They must be busy?

Be patient my friends, Have strength it will happen for you.

P.S. What an Eye opener that whistleblower programme was last night, no wonder the banks do not want to go to court over their charges.

Hi just remember that the courts deem receipt of letter 2 days after posting so your 40 days start from 1 March, Don't worry you will get paid, I am 1 week away from starting court claim

dpick :p

Thanks dpick, We have allowed the 2 days postal time so we will wait the full 40 days before getting back to them if we do not receive our statements.

We will use all the help and time scales available to us to recover OUR money from them.

Our claim along with many others has now grown into such a problem for the Halifax, I am sure that they are struggling to keep up !

Keep up the fight ;)

ColinGB20 & Wife.

If in doubt, deny it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, only 10 days left to DPA/SAR deadline expires. Our statements still not arrived, so today we sent another e-mail chasing them, and reminding them that they have taken our £10 for our statements and they need to be with us by OUR deadline date.

Still, wait and see what happens now. We will probably follow this up with a phone call within the next 48hrs as well.

It just annoys us that they delay and hope that you will give up. WE HATE BANKS!!!

E-mail sent 01/04/2007 reminding them SAR deadline approaching :evil:-Customer relations (SAR Deadline 10/04/2007)

ColinGB20 & Wife.

If in doubt, deny it.

Hi Colin just to let you know the halifax do payout they rang me 28th March settled in full 2295 recieved offer letter next day (no conditions) signed and returned waiting for money in bank.

keep at it they will pay dpick:cool:

SAR request deadline is on the 10/04, but still no statements yet. We have contacted the Halifax 3 times by e-mail, but no replies. We have not yet tried to phone them as I am currently on mid-shifts at work, so timing out at the moment.

We will try phoning on Tuesday 10/04 advising them their deadline has expired, if not received by then.(Not our problem it's a Bank Holiday-they cashed our £10 cheque on 22/03/07.

Getting a bit annoyed though, if they wanted to talk to us, we would have been bombarded with mail !!!! (And calls.)

Best wishes all.

E-mail sent 01/04/2007 reminding them SAR deadline approaching :evil:-Customer relations (SAR Deadline 10/04/2007)

E-mailed Kelly Duffy - Customer Relations Manager. 04/04/2007

ColinGB20 & Wife.

If in doubt, deny it.

SAR request deadline is on the 10/04, but still no statements yet. We have contacted the Halifax 3 times by e-mail, but no replies. We have not yet tried to phone them as I am currently on mid-shifts at work, so timing out at the moment.

We will try phoning on Tuesday 10/04 advising them their deadline has expired, if not received by then.(Not our problem it's a Bank Holiday-they cashed our £10 cheque on 22/03/07.

Getting a bit annoyed though, if they wanted to talk to us, we would have been bombarded with mail !!!! (And calls.)

Best wishes all.

Hi yes I would ring them they will trot out we are very busy Poooor things then u say will inform data comisioners and then send none compliance letter will link at end. They took 43 days to send my statements but that was only after thretening court.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

dpick:-x

Thanks Dpick,

It just Bl**dy annoying that they delay when you want something,but if they want something from you, well thats a different story !!!

The delay in sending our statements and again they have taken our £10, we are more determined to get our money back.

Many thanks, and good luck to ALL.

ColinGB20:)

ColinGB20 & Wife.

If in doubt, deny it.

Ok all, time for an update.

Well the Halifax have had 40 days since receipt of our SAR letter dated 27/02/2007. As you can see we have mad a few attempts to find out from them what the state of play was. But, they did not reply !!

Today I phoned the Customer Relations Dept and a nice lady called Carol tried to help me but, she could not so she would e-mail someone who could. I asked for whoever it was to call me back.

Guess what ? NO return telephone call.........

I rang the same number and got Carol asgain and advised her that no one had yet contacted me. She said, and I quote "She had received an e-mail back saying thet THE LADY who deals with this is not in today"!

I politely told her that this is not my concern and surely a big organisation like the Halifax has more than 1 Lady, to deal with these matters. I also reminded her that they had now taken our £10 fee for this information and had failed to provide it within the 40 day request time. I also stated that unless we get a call from someone within 48 hrs telling us our statements were in the post or ready to collect at our local branch, then we would be sending a non compliance letter and informing the data comissioner of their non compliance. A little bit of spluttering from Carol saying that there was no need for that, she would get someone to call me asap. Guess What ?....

Yep still no return call.........I am ringing again tomorrow and then we will send in the non compliance letter and take legal action.Plus I am planning to go to my local branch armed with all this detail and make a nuisance of myself on Thursday to see if I can prompt a reaction then.

By the way Carol said, "They have been inundated with statement requests and they are struggling to cope" !!!!!

We will keeo you informed... :evil:

ColinGB20 & Wife.

If in doubt, deny it.

Ok all, time for an update.

Well the Halifax have had 40 days since receipt of our SAR letter dated 27/02/2007. As you can see we have mad a few attempts to find out from them what the state of play was. But, they did not reply !!

Today I phoned the Customer Relations Dept and a nice lady called Carol tried to help me but, she could not so she would e-mail someone who could. I asked for whoever it was to call me back.

Guess what ? NO return telephone call.........

I rang the same number and got Carol asgain and advised her that no one had yet contacted me. She said, and I quote "She had received an e-mail back saying thet THE LADY who deals with this is not in today"!

I politely told her that this is not my concern and surely a big organisation like the Halifax has more than 1 Lady, to deal with these matters. I also reminded her that they had now taken our £10 fee for this information and had failed to provide it within the 40 day request time. I also stated that unless we get a call from someone within 48 hrs telling us our statements were in the post or ready to collect at our local branch, then we would be sending a non compliance letter and informing the data comissioner of their non compliance. A little bit of spluttering from Carol saying that there was no need for that, she would get someone to call me asap. Guess What ?....

Yep still no return call.........I am ringing again tomorrow and then we will send in the non compliance letter and take legal action.Plus I am planning to go to my local branch armed with all this detail and make a nuisance of myself on Thursday to see if I can prompt a reaction then.

By the way Carol said, "They have been inundated with statement requests and they are struggling to cope" !!!!!

We will keeo you informed... :evil:

Called Customer Relations spoke to 'Carol'// waiting for someone who can assist to call back............10/04/2007

ColinGB20 & Wife.

If in doubt, deny it.

Send the next letter. You are getting no where by the looks of things. They are good at fobbing us off.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Well, what a 24hrs it has been.

We posted yesterday that we had not received our statements within the 40 day deadline, so today I rang Customer Relations again. I spoke to another nice lady called Alison. She took all our details and assured me that someone from SAR Team WILL ring me back within the hour... 20 minutes later a Mr Clay rang and apologised for not sending our info and assured me that our statements WILL be with us by Friday the 13'th at the latest.(Is that an Omen?) I thanked him and thought that was that.

My wife rang me about an hour after this and said we had received a letter from the halifax...The letter is below word for word as it came :

Reference: DSAR 000489 Halifax PLC

Trinity Road

04 April 2007 Halifax

HX1 2RG

Mr & Mrs CJ & BA ...... Tel : 01422 391152

Dear Mr & Mrs .....

Your request for information about your account No. xxxxxx

Thank you for letter requesting specific information for the above account. I am pleased to enclose the information you requested. I hope this has provided you with the details you require,however if there is anything you wish to discuss then please feel free to get in touch on 01422 391152.

Details of how we make use of your personal information can be found at Redirect /www.halifax.co.uk/privacy. the registered data protection notification details can be found at ICO – Information Commissioner's Office. if you have any difficulties accessing either of these pieces of information please let me know and i will be happy to forward you a printed copy of either document.

Yours sincerely

Daniel Jones.

Data Subject Access Request Team.

Customer Relations.

End of letter.........................

Attached with this letter was a half page list of charges starting form 01/01/2001 to 01/01/2007. The list comprises of 16 entries only over 6 years !!!!

Well, if the promised statements do not turn up then I am afraid they have p**sed me of now and I will go into serious get back mode.

Has anyone else received a badly written letter with just this list of charges, for which i might add we paid £10.00. Another Rip Off !!!!

We will continue to keep you posted. If statements do not turn up we may need some advise.

Regards :mad:

Called Customer Relations spoke to 'Carol'// waiting for someone who can assist to call back............10/04/2007

Rang Customer Relations - Spoke to Alison 11/04/2007

Mr Clay rang back and promised statements by 13/04/2007.

ColinGB20 & Wife.

If in doubt, deny it.

hi ColinGB20

If you read the threads from the last few days you will see that this is the latest thing they're doing. So far Ihave read of one person that has online banking and was able to check that the list was correct. Amazingly, it was. Apparently the bank is trying to make it easyer for us :eek: . However, if you want to be technical by them just sending a list they are in breach of the DPA. Sorry I'm not too good at remembering the exact wording so have alook at lulu99vshalifax (i think, i'll just check)

I wrote non-compliance letter, rang complaints dept, faxed Kelly Duffy then went into Branch with a copy of the letter and demanded my statements. They obliged then and there! Was ready for a fight though!

They are in breach if they don't provide what you've asked for!

Your letter is Identical to mine and all I got was the schedule of charges too!

ok, thanks for that. We will wait and see what arrives in next 48hrs and take it from there.

ColinGB20 & Wife.

If in doubt, deny it.

Ok, here is our latest entry.

As you can see from our previous post yesterday we were waiting for our statements. HOORAY...They arrived today 12/04/2007.

My wife and I have already gone through our statements and they tally exactly with the charges "list" we received previously..bugger !!!

However, although the statements we received were ours and all present and correct, the covering letter had someone else's account number on it.

What can you say, methinks they maybe under pressure and little mistakes are being made.

All I can suggest is that if you receive a list of charges only...request a full statement pack as i do not trust them at all. We know our charges added up ok, but who knows......

Well, we are onto stage 2 now, claiming back our money.

We will continue to keep you posted.

regards ColinGB20.

Received Statements 12/04/2007....Now the fun really starts. :D

ColinGB20 & Wife.

If in doubt, deny it.

Ok update time....

Prelim letter sent yesterday requesting repayment of all charges by registered post. Will wait 10 days and give them a call to see if they wish to make a full payment before an LBA letter sent to them. We can only hope......

We will let you know how we get on.

ColinGB20 & Wife.

If in doubt, deny it.

Ok update time....

Prelim letter sent yesterday requesting repayment of all charges by registered post. Will wait 10 days and give them a call to see if they wish to make a full payment before an LBA letter sent to them. We can only hope......

We will let you know how we get on.

Hi dpick again it's now your timescale they have to stick to I got my promise of payment in full 2 days before starting court action. I gave them 14 days to pay they paid money into my account 12 days later. They don't want anyone to know they are paying out my bank statement says payment was cash paid in??? nothing about returned charges

dpick:oops:

• Haha 1

Hi Dpick,

That was cheeky of the Halifax to show "cash paid in" when returning your money.

Why are they so secretive about paying you back, this can only mean the banks DO have something to hide !!!

Now we are at the actual asking stage for our money, we will have a few more questions as an LBA & Court action grows more a possibility.

So thanks again Dpick for your support.

ColinGB20 & Wife.

If in doubt, deny it.

Ok update time again.

My wife received a letter from the Halifax dated 18/04/2007 saying "We are sorry " blah,blah, and we have 8 weeks to respond, blah,blah. But, and here's the rub, they have completely left me off the letter. This is a joint account we have with them and all the correspondence has had both our names on it.

We really are starting to believe that they seem to be using very limited skilled staff in customer relations just to cope with the workload, as previously we received a letter with our statements but with someone else's account number on it.....Still thats their problem, we can only gain if it goes to court, because we can show them to be negligent in their dealings with our claim.

We now have the 14 day deadline in place, which expires on May 01'st 2007, so we will call them a couple of days before to see if they wish to settle before LBA sent out.

Best of luck to you all.

Received Statements 12/04/2007....Now the fun really starts. :grin:

Sent prelim claim dated 16/04/2007.

Wife received a standard reply 19/04/2007

ColinGB20 & Wife.

If in doubt, deny it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok update time again.

Halifax 14 days for prelim approach for repayment expires tomorrow 01'st May.

LBA letter written, schedules copied and ready to post first thing. We have received no correspondence other than the standard reply. We have not contacted them either.

We will however contact them by phone once LBA sent and at least 10 days into pending action against them. We feel we will have a better chance of settlement once they know we are prepared to go "all the way".

If we go as far as issuing an N1 at court, we would appreciate a little guidance on completeing this important document. We have read the posts/threads concerning this area and are confident we can complete the form accurately. But a check over would be grateful.

Hopefully this is the last stage, but who knows?

Best wishes.

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 27/02/2007 with cheque

E-mail sent 17/03/2007 (Receipt of S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) requested) - Cust relations

E-mail sent 01/04/2007 reminding them S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) deadline approaching :evil:-Customer relations (S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Deadline 10/04/2007)

Received Statements 12/04/2007....Now the fun really starts. :grin:

Sent prelim claim dated 16/04/2007.

Wife received a standard reply 19/04/2007

LBA waiting to be sent 01'st May 2007.

ColinGB20 & Wife.

If in doubt, deny it.