email or letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6542 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:?: In todays world what is the benefit of using recorded post for letters as opposed to sending emails with attached letters to make claims? is there anyone who has had a quicker success with using electronic means to make their claim?

:?:

i would say that recorded delivery is safer, just from the point of view that even with an email with a 'read receipt' being sent back to you, they can still click 'no' when it asks them to do it, which ultimately just gives them the option to deny ever receiving anything.

its a good point. thank you.

but - I work in IT by the way, an automated reply can be used as evidence as accepted correspondence and as a date stamp for starting processes rolling. having dealt with FOI and DPA requests at work for those people who have nowt better to do!!!!

I am wondering if maybe technology can be used as a fast track to successful claims.

ah well in the case that u can make an automated reply happen then i guess it would make no difference to send an email, ive read quite a few times of people sending emails. good luck whatever u decide to do :)

thanks !

I will keep you posted, once I have decided on which way to go.........I am still waiting for the previous 5 years statements, they only sent recent ones so far. marvellous.....

:?: In todays world what is the benefit of using recorded post for letters as opposed to sending emails with attached letters to make claims? is there anyone who has had a quicker success with using electronic means to make their claim?

:?:

We are currently making three claims to the Halifax we sent two by snail mail and one by email giving them permission to take the £10 from an account we are still using for the DPA request..........the email one had the faster response ....we recieved the info before the others though it was not complete LOL :D

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Hi Neilisnuts

I decided to send my initial request by email to the halifax, I sent them the LBA giving them 14 days to respond ( I already knew how much I was claiming by then, different if you're sending a DPA request)

I got an automated email back ( 10 mins after I sent it ) saying they would look into my request

4 days later I had the first letter ( snailmail) from them saying they would look into my request.

6 days after that I had a reply offering me 180.00 for full and final settlement ( which I turned down by phone )

They have 4 days left before I issue the claim..... IMHO go for the email.

email it to ...... [email protected]

good luck

Mercedes

thank you mercedes!

given the fact that they cannot even get my statements to me yet I will go with email as the option I think, although as they are so obviously inept at dealing with one request and keep sending me duplicate letters and not actually actioning my request! maybe when the time comes they will pay me back twice........:rolleyes:

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6542 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks