HSBC Direct

tinhat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I did the same as you and forgot to sign letter very fast in returning letter, but very slow with statements.

I have rang before and discussed bank charges with FD but the lady was quite stroppy.

I seem to be a similar story 2 accounts bank charges all the time.

This time I phoned and discussed my accounts moved DD to one account as sick of receiving charges for 2 accounts and explained that if my claim was successful I would be paying off my overdraft and I thing she asked if she could see if there was something she could do with this months charges which she did asked if I was happy with that I said that yes I was and that I would claim the rest on my claim. She was really helpful..

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that, sounds like you were lucky with the lady you spoke to. Think I might send them a reminder by post and indicate in my letter about the charges made for last month.

love your humour harvest!!8)

Wonder what tinhat was trying to say.?????

Made me laugh anyway:D

First Direct - LBA sent 12/03/07

GE Capital/GE Money SAR request sent 15/02/07 - 4 Accounts -Prelim sent 30/03/07

Sorry got interrupted! I am a she by the way. Anyway just to let you know have received statements today and have just gone through highlighting everything and got my final figure. I will check again then put onto standard spreadsheet then what? I understand there is another standard letter which goes with the statement. Harvest I am having that glass of wine now!!

Once you have the total that you are owed by FD then it is time to send your first letter the prelim asking them for your money back details can be found here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html :D

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

Once you have the total that you are owed by FD then it is time to send your first letter the prelim asking them for your money back details can be found here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html :D

Thank you I will do this over the weekend ready to post recorded delivery on Monday.Thanks for your help. :)

Glad you got your statements. I think they like to take their time in the hope that you'll forget. Get your second letter ready and enclose your breakdown of charges. Make sure you read the FAQ's too just so you know what you're doing and what step in the process you are at.

:D

Data Protection Act request sent 03/08/06

Statements received 08/09/06

Prelim letter sent 12/10/06

Letter before action 27/01/07

Hi Tinhat - hope you enjoyed that glass of wine! :)

Glad to see you're now at the point of posting recorded on Monday. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they settle with you early rather than dragging it out. :rolleyes:

Good luck ;)

Claim against First Direct - WON - 29th March 2007

Hi Tinhat - hope you enjoyed that glass of wine! :)

Glad to see you're now at the point of posting recorded on Monday. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they settle with you early rather than dragging it out. :rolleyes:

Good luck ;)

Harvest

Filling in schedule included overdraft fee and excess overdraft fee, do I include debit interest charged each month as well?

:-?

Tinhat i think that the debit interest is what they charge each month for having an overdraft and therefore a legit charge. However, If you use the complex bank charges template it automatically works out the interest you were charged on the penalty fees by FD. You can then add that to your claim as well. It is a bit more complicated but it is worth trudging through as it added on an extra 350 for me. When/If you have to file a MCOL 8% claims interest gets added on to the interest as well as on the penalty charges. It adds up.

A theory that has been going through my mind recently, after looking through all info and claims, is that does it matter what extra you put on, as when you claim through the courts, the banks will eventually pay your additional interest because if they contest it they would have to prove their penalty charges as well in court? although i wouldn't want to be the first test case and then have it thrown out because i couldn't prove the interest i calculated.....but this is only a theory.

First Direct - LBA sent 12/03/07

GE Capital/GE Money SAR request sent 15/02/07 - 4 Accounts -Prelim sent 30/03/07

Fumingmad thinking about your reply, I have been in credit more than debit so FD might argue you can have debit interest but then could they claim credit interest back? Can you help - which spreadsheet works out the 8% on fees and should I include this when I submit my claim for penalty charges now or do I claim the 8% at a later stage?

:confused:

Fumingmad thinking about your reply, I have been in credit more than debit so FD might argue you can have debit interest but then could they claim credit interest back? Can you help - which spreadsheet works out the 8% on fees and should I include this when I submit my claim for penalty charges now or do I claim the 8% at a later stage?

:confused:

This spreadsheet works out the 8% interest for you (it's the one on the link on the FAQ's I sent you) -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

I used the advanced excel sheet as this one gives you two spreadsheets - one with the 8% on and one without.

You only include the 8% amount when you get to the moneyclaim bit. Here's the FAQ for you for ease of reference :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Data Protection Act request sent 03/08/06

Statements received 08/09/06

Prelim letter sent 12/10/06

Letter before action 27/01/07

You're well on your way now Tinhat!

One of three things will happen:

1. They'll reply with the standard letter saying we're sorry you've had cause to complain blah, blah, blah....here is a leaflet explaining our charges (which won't be included with the letter)...we're looking into it. We believe our charges are fair and are explained in our terms and conditions blah, blah. We'll get back to you by this date. Oh by the way...we are not prepared to consider repayment of debit interest. (90% likely)

2. As above with an extra para saying "However, FD is mindful of the irrecoverable legal costs associated with defending such a claim and for these commercial reasons alone and without admission of any liability whatsover, FD is prepared to offer you £££ (between 60-80% of your charges claim with no interest) in full and final settlement of this claim." (60% likely you'll get this response)

3. As above but offering 100% of your charges claim but excluding interest on the claim. (about 10% likely)

In every case - it will be your next stage (LBA) that will kick start a more realistic offer.

At least you're now on your way - of course they may just ignore your letter as they did with a friend of mine (Barclays).

Have a good easter and relax in the knowledge that you're on the right road to recovering - all - of your money. :)

Claim against First Direct - WON - 29th March 2007