HSBC Direct

tinhat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have posted a letter to HSBC Direct and received a reply 09/03/07 saying they will forward statements by courier, how long should I wait and should I count the 40 days from the date of their letter to me? What do I wait for now if they are delivering by courier I will need to be in?

• Haha 1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tinhat

To answer your questions.

1. The 40 days are from the date they received the letter (if you sent if special delivery or signed for you can count this from the day after you posted it.

2. I received my statements by courier within 7 days. 3 Weeks later I received them by courier (again).

3. You do have to sign for them (I don't think it can be someone else but might depend on the courier service). If you're out they'll leave instructions for you to collect them from the courier's depot or a mutually convenient time for them to re-deliver the parcel. I had to show ID to the courier that delivered my statements to prove I was the addressee on the envelope.

Hope this helps

• Haha 1

Claim against First Direct - WON - 29th March 2007

I have posted a letter to HSBC Direct and received a reply 09/03/07 saying they will forward statements by courier, how long should I wait and should I count the 40 days from the date of their letter to me? What do I wait for now if they are delivering by courier I will need to be in?

Hi there :)

Good to see you've joined the site. You'll get lots of helpful advice here. Keep us up to date with how things go.

Louise x

• Haha 1

Data Protection Act request sent 03/08/06

Statements received 08/09/06

Prelim letter sent 12/10/06

Letter before action 27/01/07

Hi there :)

Good to see you've joined the site. You'll get lots of helpful advice here. Keep us up to date with how things go.

Louise x

Thank you I will keep you posted:)

Hi Tinhat

1. The 40 days are from the date they received the letter (if you sent if special delivery or signed for you can count this from the day after you posted it.

2. I received my statements by courier within 7 days. 3 Weeks later I received them by courier (again).

3. You do have to sign for them (I don't think it can be someone else but might depend on the courier service). If you're out they'll leave instructions for you to collect them from the courier's depot or a mutually convenient time for them to re-deliver the parcel. I had to show ID to the courier that delivered my statements to prove I was the addressee on the envelope.

Hope this helps

Thank you I will keep you posted :)

I addition to Harvest comment i had a second lot of statements from FD a week after the first and as i was out when the courier tried to deliver they went to my next door neighbours house and they signed for them. Bit of a security breach there i think. Especially as i had to do a 30 mile round trip to go to the courier's depot to pick the first lot up and i had to produce ID. Same courier company both times. Consistentcy doesn't seem to be around does it?

Good luck TINHAT with your claim.

• Haha 1

First Direct - LBA sent 12/03/07

GE Capital/GE Money SAR request sent 15/02/07 - 4 Accounts -Prelim sent 30/03/07

I addition to Harvest comment i had a second lot of statements from FD a week after the first and as i was out when the courier tried to deliver they went to my next door neighbours house and they signed for them. Bit of a security breach there i think. Especially as i had to do a 30 mile round trip to go to the courier's depot to pick the first lot up and i had to produce ID. Same courier company both times. Consistentcy doesn't seem to be around does it?

Good luck TINHAT with your claim.

Thanks for that do you think I should reminder this week or leave it until exactly 40 days from the date of my letter or the date of the banks letter? I don't want to leave it too long but I don't want to appear pushy!

Many thanks.

Hifumingmad

I am new to this so not sure,help! I wrote to my bank on 28/02/07, received a reply on 09/03/07 advising the information requested i.e. bank statements will be forwarded by courier, have heard nothing else to date 9/03/07, should I send reminder? :confused:

Hi Tinhat

They have 40 days in which to reply to your request so that gives them til 9th April in my calculations give or take a day or two for the postage. Usually you count 40 days from the day after you posted as long as you posted in by recorded delivery.

You could send a reminder that they have xx days left to comply, or you could wait another week first. IMO i would wait as you have done all the requirements you need to under the DPA act.

(Saying that i bet your package arrives this or next wednesday. Seems to be the normal day for courier delivery!!!!)

First Direct - LBA sent 12/03/07

GE Capital/GE Money SAR request sent 15/02/07 - 4 Accounts -Prelim sent 30/03/07

Hi Tinhat

Hope this helps

Harvest

I know this might seem a silly question but what do I do when I receive the bank statements?

Hi Tinhat

No worries on the question.

When you receive your statements you're in for the fun bit.

Make yourself a nice cup of tea (or glass of wine but not too much alcohol you don't want to make mistakes at this stage).

Grab a highlighter pen and go through each page of your statements carefully.

When you spot something saying one of the following - highlight it.

Overdraft fee

Excess Overdraft Fee

Recall Charge

Referral Fee

Unpaid Item (charge)

Direct Debit Recall / Unpaid

Standing Order / Unpaid (fee/charge)

On the same line as each of these charges highlight the following:

The date the charge was made

Your balance - probably overdraft so -£xxxx.xx

Any interest charge they applied on that day (or a few days later sometimes depending on the bank)

When you've been through and highlighted all of this - go through your statements twice again and make sure you haven't missed any charges.

Then, when you're sure you've highlighted everything you need to start filling out one of the spreadsheets available on this site, putting all of your charges onto the spreadsheet, with the description, date, amount etc in date order with the oldest charge listed first up to the present date. If you go to the templates section of the site, Vampiress has created two spreadsheets.

When you have completed the spreadsheet this will become your 'Schedule of Charges' and will be used with your Letter asking for the total amount of charges back from your bank.

It's very important that you don't make mistakes on your spreadsheet at this stage, so not too much wine as you're looking through statements.

Ok - after that post here letting us know and you can get some advice on the next stage.

Sorry if this all sounds a bit patronising - it's not meant to be - just trying to be helpful so you don't make any mistakes that could delay your claim.

Good luck with the statements. Have you received them yet?:)

Thanks for that. Didn't find it patronising at all, you are so helpful. Just want to make sure I am prepared and do everything right, cup of tea or coffee will definitely help I am sure, when finished, then the glass of wine!:-)

Oops, sorry not received statements yet but it was two weeks ago so expecting them soon, apparently Wednesday seems to be a good day for delivery of these from HSBCFD.:-)

Hi Tinhat

I forgot to put the link into my post for the spreadsheets

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Enjoy the wine when you're finished.

I'm sure you'll have your statements soon.

Harvest, will keep you posted so much easier when you know you can ask someone else.Many thanks :-)

Harvest

Still not received bank statements, any ideas? How long should I wait?

Hi Tinhat

I forgot to put the link into my post for the spreadsheets

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Enjoy the wine when you're finished.

I'm sure you'll have your statements soon.

Harvest

Still not received statements, and been charged £130 on last statement for Feb, any ideas?

Thanks

I think as a number of others have mentioned FD have 40 days to respond to the request so you should have the statements early in April. It wouldn't hurt to give them a ring asking where they have got to.

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

Thanks think I will do what Kitty did and ring them tomorrow and ask if they can reduce bank charge and at the same time ask how far the statements are.Trouble is I did ask on the phone last week whilst on about something else and they just said It's in the hands of their data team?

I think as a number of others have mentioned FD have 40 days to respond to the request so you should have the statements early in April. It wouldn't hurt to give them a ring asking where they have got to.

My original letter to the bank was 23/02/07 but I forgot to sign, they received it 27/02/07 and sent it back their letter dated 28/02/07 I signed and returned straight away and they replied on 09/03/07. I am getting a bit fed up now due to the fact that they are still taking bank charges, I was absolutely straight then bang £130.00 in bank charges, they didn.t even send me a letter informing me of this, surely this can't be right? I have more than one account with them and was charged £75.00 for being £20 o/d on another account? This is costing me a fortune.