help with claiming against barclays

troughlodite
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i am very new to all this forum malarkey so please bear with me:!: Have recently sent my 1st letter to Barclays requesting my bank statement info along with my £10 chq. They have returned the chq and have said they will send info to me although may take longer as pre 2000 is stored manually (will write back explaining if they read my letter properly they would see that i am claiming last 6 yrs only!)

What i would like help on is they have also said that in response to the paragraph in my letter that they disclose any manual interventions that have taken place on my acct, that they cannot do this as it falls out of the remit of the DPA because the DPA does not oblige the Bank to comment about internal policies and proceedures" It also says it does not hold the info in a form that would be covered by DPA "Whilst aggregated information is retained for statistical purposes, this would not constitute 'personal data' under the DPA and therefore would not be covered by a s7DPA subject access request.

Now am i right in thinking that this is just a load of guff?! If the manual intervention is about my acct then surely that is personal data and not about inernal policies and proceedures? Can i tell them it is personal data and that they have a duty to disclose it and is necesary that they do or can i get on claiming without this info?

I would be very grateful for any advice on this as i have only just started and am already feeling intimidated by Barclays!:sad:

Hi

I don't think anyone has had any bank disclose manual intervention information. The most important thing is you get your charging history (ie. statements).

Perfectly standard stuff and nothing to worry about.

Your doing great!

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

Hi troughlodite..would this letter have been sent to you from a mr andrew miskell by any chance?if so what i think is happening is barclays are setting new departments to deal with the amount of claims and this letter is that departments standard letter..I have recived the same letter.:)

Taff-p. v BARCLAYS

S,A,R. SENT 23RD FEBRUARY

Taff-p. v LLOYDS TSB

S,A,R SENT 23RD FEBRUARY

Hi troughlodite

Got the same letter with cheque returned. however, I am considering replying to remind them that they are obliged to send whatever info they have, i.e statements within 40 calendar days.