Is this the "Way" to do business

c01in
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Robinson Way

Hello,

I recieved a letter Headed Notice of legal Proceedings ( under this heading it said this is not a court document) from someone I hadn't heard from before.They claimed to now be agents for the collection of an old co-operative bank credit card bill.

I was curious so I sent them a letter asking for a copy of the origanal agreement and a breakdown of the charges that had been added to it.I gave them 21 working days to comply and included a £1 postal order to cover the cost as per the CCA stipulation.

They ignored my request and deducted the £1 off the outstanding balance..with a stern warning that at this late stage they could not accept anything as small as this amount.There was no mention of why they had not sent me a copy of the original agreement. My request to them had been sent by recorded delivery on the 21st February 2007 to date as I write this, 14th march 2007, they have yet to take any action.

My question is.Did I do wrong by asking them for what I did ?

what would be my next step.?

The amount involved is £789. It may have origanated over 5yrs ago,

I am vague because unfortunately for a number of years I was recovering from a Nervous breakdown...the breakdown was bad enough to cause me to attempt suicide ...so to say the least my mind was not focused on daily matters. I am sorry if this note has gone into irrelavant areas It's my first post. :-)

This is a standard letter from these people. Loads of us have got them. You will be getting phone calls from them next. They are chasing me for a very old debt which I think is statute barred but Im just waiting to make sure. There are plenty of more knowledgable folk on here than me but a quick search will reveal much much more about their practices.

Yes, this is all standard silly stuff from RW&C.

They have 12 days (+2 for delivery) to provide the agreement or they are in default of your request, they are obliged to provide under s.189 of the CC Act wether they are the original creditor or not. If they are then in default for a calendar month they have committed on offence.

They are already in default, and they cannot legally enforce the debt (court or otherwise) until they produce an acceptable copy of the agreement.

Don't give them an inch on the 'phone, they'll just want to play silly games, go in to attack straight away and threaten them with OFT & TS etc...

Here's my own RW thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/71386-diskmandave-robinson-way-co.html

Good luck with it!

• Haha 1