Sign The Petition

martdj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6077 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Zoot,Gizmo

Are we allowed this petition? I aaw this in the bear garden and am concerned as I have the link in my signature??

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/76280-petition-pm-re-bank.html

AFAIK it is allowed in here (unless admin come in and say different )

we do not want it duplicated all over the site so posts containing it are getting edited or if thats not possible removed completly

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Signed

:grin: WON

GOLDFISH £291.90

MARBLES £174.47

RBOS VISA £232.19

AMEX (BLUE) £148.40

BARCLAYCARD £251.31

AMEX (BA) £151.50

RBOS M/C £222.00

RBOS (MY ACC) £430.00

BARCLAYS £505.00

MBNA £250.00

RBOS (JOINT) £2975.00

:grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Signed

Now 137 signatures

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!

MBNA - CRA file to be cleared then finished!

Abbey Personal - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

Capital One - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

GMAC - Sent DCA SAR 9th March 07 - confirmed not legally assigned.

Waiting for GMAC to provide breakdown of charges and CCA under s79

Alliance & Leicester - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Government Response:

A new statutory regime for the regulation of mortgages took effect in October 2004. The Financial Services Authority (FSA) (new window) is responsible for ensuring that all firms that provide or advise on residential mortgages observe high standards of business.

The FSA has specific rules in place in relation to Early Repayment Charges (ERCs), requiring that these should be expressed as a cash value and be a reasonable pre-estimate of costs as a result of a consumer repaying the amount due before the contract has terminated.

Earlier this year, the FSA published the findings of a review of ERCs, in response to complaints received from consumers under Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations. It concluded that an ERC may be in breach of these regulations if it is not expressed in a plain and intelligible way, or if it requires a consumer to pay a disproportionately high sum in compensation for exiting a mortgage early.

The FSA did not find widespread evidence of unfair terms at that time. It will continue to consider individual complaints about ERCs and follow up with firms as appropriate.

If consumers feel that ERCs are not in accordance with their mortgage contract or that the effect of the charge was unclear, it is open to them to complain to their lenders. If they are not satisfied with the outcome of the complaint, consumers may also approach the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), which provides a free and independent means of adjudicating consumer complaints that fall within its scope. Consumers also have recourse available through the courts.

• 3 weeks later...

signed by me an undersigned:confused:

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

• 1 month later...