Suzwa v Lloyds TSB

Suzwa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok so I have been lucky enough to be organised (in one part of my life at least) and have all of my bank statements from when this account was started... I must admit I was very surprised... Im not know for my skills of organisation. I added up the charges and for the last five years they are £1046 (alot of money for a student!!).

So I get to bypass the fustrating 40 days and hassel of waiting for statements and schedules of charges and yesterday I sent off my letter recorded yesterday so I'm counting down the days till my bog standard no letter :) .

From what I'm reading it seems Lloyds are total B***hs...tight gits:-| . My only worry is that they could really drag it out, I'm leaving the country in June may be even as early as May. My parents say they are happy to help out if its not resolved by then but I don't know if this is possible...can anyone help?:confused:

Step 1.... Charges calculated

Step 2.... 1st Letter sent

Step 3.... Wait, Wait, Wait......

:D

Lloyds...we need a little chat.....

:razz:

Hi Suswa,

Lloyds do drag things out to the last i'm afraid. You will probably get an offer of less than the amount you are claiming after you submit your LBA (most have been getting £750).

It's worth carrying on to get that at least! :)

Chances are that your parents could operate on your behalf to continue your claim, but if it does go to court then you would need to return for the hearing.

I haven't seen anyone who has actually been taken to court yet, but many are taken right up to the last day or so. If you are abroad, this might prove an akward decision, as if your case did go to court and you didn't make it to the hearing your claim would probably be struck out. :(

I don't think you have anything to lose by continuing and deciding what to do at a later date.

Pondfish

LloydsTSB - Current Account claim £5,554 settled unconditionally 25.4.2007 :D

If the Pondfish has helped click his scales! ;-)

Please donate to this site if you can! :-)

Suzwa - that doesn't really leave you enough time to get all the way if the case goes legal. Lloyds are well known for dragging things out. If they do not settle pre-court I think you'll be really hard pushed to get a result before June. However, that doesn't help you very much seeing that you've already sent your letter asking for the money back.

I suggest you see how it goes, make sure you are very swift to send your LBA and to file as soon as you can if they don't settle.

Are you leaving the country for good or are you coming back?

You should be able to appoint someone to represent you in your absence but there's quite alot of work involved and it might be quite a big ask for someone else to step up to the crease on your behalf. If you're coming back after a few months at AQ stage you can mention dates to be avoided, an AQ asks you for any days to be avoided in the next 4 months. I certainly think you could get to AQ stage before you go.

Anyone got anything to add to that....?

Oh another thing, when going through my charges there is an inconsistancy in the amount charged... they range from £20 to £60 for OD Excess fees.... literally has at times varied from month to month but still being called the same thing... Any thought on why?

Pondfish - would you HAVE to be at the hearing, even if you have an authorised representative acting on your behalf? I'm sure I saw a thread the other day involving someone who was making a claim on someone elses behalf (I think the claimant had a mental illness). I know it's not ideal but didn't realise it was in impossibility.

Would you suggest taking it as far as you could pre-filing and just take what you can get?

Hi Will,

I bow to your superior knowledge on this one! :o

Suzwa it may be worth looking in to whether someone could act on your behalf! :)

Maybe someone could advise?

Anyway, as i said, nothing to lose in carrying on with claim. :)

Pondfish

Thanks for your help guys, Im leaving the country for proberbly 2 years so not really an option to postpone it. I will see how it goes and make sure I do everything as quickly as I can from my end and have a proper talk with my parents about what it would entail if they were to carry it on for me. In reality coming home might not be a possiblity if it came to it though I may have a small window of opportunity September time but I will have to think loong and hard about this. If they offer a lower sum I may take it as a consolation prize :rolleyes:

Well good luck Suzwa,

I'm sure you'll get something, if not all!

Pondfish

£60 = 3 x £20???

Ok lol I take your point... but does that mean I went over my overdraft 3 times in one month plus in the range from £20 to £60 they also charged me £25, £30 and £50.... something in the maths doesnt work ;)

Am I being a total blonde or i just dont understand lloyds charge policy?

Logic dictates it is 3 x £20 based on the fact that "o/d excess fees" with Lloyds are £20 a pop.

Check exactly what it says on your statements but I think you'll find that's correct. It just means they've charged you 3 in one go. How thoughtful of them...

seems that is the case.... aren't they just darling!!! :mad: thanks again...:oops: