Help Please!!!

m.j
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Im just going to start reclaiming my charges £4,000 plus!! and would like to know i have another account with the nationwide which i am not claiming on and also i have my mortgage with them. Will the other account and the mortgage be ok or will they want to close them too?? Sorry to be a pain but ive read so much over the last week that my head is spinning.

Many thanks if you can help

Mx

I think you should be fine, but it is a scenario to be wary of. Could you not transfer your mortgage ?

There is big competition for mortgage usurping these days. You may get a better deal too...

25/10/06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Posted vs Nationwide

31/10/06 - Confirmation S.A.R was Received.

Hiya,

Your mortgage should not be effected in anyway. it is a completley seperate agreement and they cannot just decide to close it, they have to follow their own terms and conditions so i would not worry about that being effected at all.

I have just claimed back from Nationwide for my mum and she also has a savings account, loan and mortage with them, they havent closed her bank account and their has been no mention of seperate agreements held with them.

If you are really worried i would PM an expert MOD

Many thanxs to you for your replies.

Ive just sent off my 'can i have my last 6 years statements/charges' letter so fingers crossed. Ive been and opened an account at natwest ready for the closure of this particular account so i will let you know how i get on.

Many thanks again

Marce x

well done marce

did you send letter off recorded delivery?? remember to go on to royal mail web site and see when and who took delivery of your letter.. then the next day count as day 1, ~ 40 days for them to send you the information (include weekends and bank holidays in count down)..

good luck and keep us posted

Yep Recorded delivery it was :D. From reading on here you seem to have to keep yourself one step ahead of them at all times. I'm really glad i took a good while to read up on as much as i did and this site is amazing for that. I won't lie and say im still a bit confused by some of it and unsure:???: and i'm sorry if if i end up asking about repeatd stuff but this site is a godsend and it will be getting a donation from me at the end of all this.

Now ive sent the first letter im actually looking forward to the whole process. Hope im successful.

Thanx for your help

Marce x

hi m.j you will be fine, i have just successfully reclaimed my charges and there is no way i could have done it without the help and support i have received from this site, post any questions you have and someone will help you, i asked many ridiculous questions but i got there! best of luck with your claim x

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

yes all seems to be tried and tested on here.. and everyone sticks by you on this site.. i am a bit of a coward really but with the help advice and support from friends on here i am now in the process of getting back wots rightfully mine!!

keep us all posted of your progress :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well its day 18 and still no sign of my statements. Is this usual or dya rekon they are starting to make us all wait. I just want to get on with this i think they have had hold of my money for long enough!!!:confused:

hi m.j they usually appear after three weeks, although they are really busy at the moment.......you should have them soon.... x

Thanx lori

i think i am just really anxious and just know that somewhere some how it will all go pear shape for me and il lose out. I just want to get on to the next step and get it over with and move on. Sounds stupid i know but hey im just being feeble i rekon :-|

Thanx for the reassurance xx

• 2 weeks later...

hi m.j if you have not heard anything in the next few days it is worthwhile sending another letter telling them how long they have left to comply with the DP, or it is also worthwhile to give them a phone, this is what i had to do and i got the statements the next day although in my case they were outwith the 40 days but it is worth trying, they are very busy with all the claims at the moment so i would follow up with a phonecall!! best of luck x

Hi Lor

Thanks for the advice i will give them till thursday and give them a call. Sorry to be a pain but whereabouts do i call?

Thanks Marce x

hi m.j, no point in calling the data protection team as they do not answer your calls!! ( i tried many times!!) i called the member services department and a very nice young chap got my problem sorted 01793 712434, no probs x

Ok Phoned them they were very very helpful and they should be with me asap - fingers crossed and watch this space thanx again lori

Marce x

no probs m.j hope you get them soon, i got them the day after phoning so if no sign of them in next few days call again only this time say you will be filing at court for non-compliance of DPA. x

• 2 weeks later...

Rite i have finally got what looks like a summary of charges for my account from nationwide after 43 days!! I presumed i was getting statements but is his all i need?????? Sorry to be a pain about all this but i am really confused about the whole process and i am about to start on the speardsheet thingy putting down all my charges i want back. On the letter to send it says i am claing back charges of £xxxxxxx and interest of £xxxxxxx all totalling £xxxxx. What the hell is this interest and how do i calculate it. God i feel really thick :confused:

Marce x

Many thanks.

Ive just done it £3256.02!!!! Robbing B******ds!! No wonder we are all in the doo doo eh. It has also added the interest of another £250 but i don't include that in the first letters do i? (if ive read this all right) I have read so much it is all starting to mingle :o . And in the letter when it says bank charges of xxxxxx and interest of xxxxxx total xxxxxx i dont put it all then. I just put the charges untill it goes to court yes? I'm really sorry for dopey dora here but im just making sure i have got my facts all correct before i go send the wrong stuff. Just little old over-cautious me :rolleyes:

Many thanks for all your help xx

M J

Before court stage you only include the actual penalty charges and the overdraft interest that the spreadsheet calculates as reclaimable.

The main interest element is the 8%, which only gets included when you file court papers, because the court allows this.

Simply remove the 8% section when you send the spreadsheets for the letters, but include it with all the court paers.

regards

Varangian

Many many thanks again for your invaluable advice.

Right i have my letter all ready and my summary of charges - minus the 8% - ready but can't post till tuesday :evil: Bank Holiday!!!

Im sending it to this address :-

Charles Bacon

Solicitor

Legal Compliance (Corporate Affairs)

Nationwide Building Society

Nationwide House

Pipers Way

Swindon

SN38 1FN

Hope this is the right one :???:

Roll on Tuesday - gives me a couple of days for you all to shout at me and tell me im sending it to the wrong address lol :D

MJ

Send to the registered address for the claim

NATIONWIDE BUILDING SOCIETY

NATIONWIDE HOUSE

PIPERS WAY

SWINDON

SN38 1NW

Charlie is the main man, but he's very busy at present.:D

They're only across the road.

Varangian