Louch Vs Halifax Stage 2 Help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

Could do with some advise if possible...

Sent my pleminary letter to Halifax 28.02.07 requesting charges of £1012.81 including interest.

Today recieved letter offering 50% of 2006 charges equaling £125, nowhere does it state full and final. It also includes an acceptance form or alternatively says to "let them know what I would like them to do to resolve this matter"

Should i now be sending the "letter 4" accepting this as partial payment but requesting the remainder within 10 days or will commence legal action?

what would you recommend?

Thanks for your help

You need to send a rejection of settlement letter, making it clear you will persue them through the courts for the remainding monies.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

You need to send a rejection of settlement letter, making it clear you will persue them through the courts for the remainding monies.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

Thanks very much, thought it was there just not sure if "letter four" is correct one to use.

Is it better in your opinion to refuse offer and continue chasing for full amount or except as partial then give ten days for remainder?

Just to make sure im right, after giving 10 days if they dont respond, do i then continue with starting small claim?

I'd accept- but only as a partial, and continue with your timetable as though they hadn't contacted you at all, effectively combining your rejection with your lba.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .