• Tweets

• Hi Lolerz Thanks for replying to me, yes I've been ignoring her & will continue to do so. All she keeps saying is they want to come up with an amicable settlement. Keeps saying this to our receptionist she shouldn't be saying this to a receptionist or even me in the first place as they have given no proof of anything no IP addresses noting just keeps saying about an amicable settlement.
    • If a DCA supplies a reconstituted copy of the CCA what would be the next step? It seems that a reconstituted copy must be a " true copy " of the executed agreement, it must contain the Prescribed Terms. But given that there is no copy of the applicants signature surely it could be an agreement form with the details filled in. How can it be assumed that this " copy " represents a true copy that the claimant has supposed to have signed. Cabot have demonstrated a bit of sabre rattling when they say "Until we're able to provide this information , your account is unenforceable. This means we're not permitted to obtain a County Court judgement against you . Whilst we cannot pursue legal action, your balance remains outstanding ". I looked up a case... Cabot UK Ltd  v  Bachellier (2010) which might help, but it's tough reading, I'd prefer to plough through War and Peace. This particular case with Cabot is not huge , approx' £140, but the only other worry that I have is also with Cabot...£2100. They may try to make a point with lesser case.
    • you'll never find a court open on a w/end MB. all courts are closed Good Friday and Bank Holiday Monday. However as Andy points out, that does NOT mean you get 2 extra days to file, you get one, same as xmas/new Year. UKPC have not filed their, so no rush on yours as dave says.  
    • Top US magazine slams Britain after 14 years of Tory ‘psychodrama’ The New Yorker’s excoriating report on the state of the UK lays bare how Britain’s withdrawal from the European Union (EU) “catalysed some of the worst tendencies in British politics”. “The only way to think about it is as a psychodrama enacted, for the most part, by a small group of middle-aged men who went to élite private schools, studied at the University of Oxford, and have been climbing and chucking one another off the ladder of British public life" Top US magazine slams Britain after 14 years of Tory ‘psychodrama’ WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK The New Yorker’s excoriating report on the state of the UK lays bare how Britain’s withdrawal from the European Union (EU) “catalysed...  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Dan v Yorkshire Bank ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

in the letters i want to send for disclosure of transactions and charges who do i make the £10 payable to ?

first targets are

Yorkshire Bank VISA

Yorkshire Bank

Halifax Bank

Halifax Credit Card - £408.16 - Settled in FULL 26/6/06

Halifax Loans - £397.97 - Settled in FULL 25/8/06

GE Money Topman £216.75 - SETTLED IN FULL

Marbles LBA - £475.00 - £250 Offered :rolleyes:

Halifax Current Account LBA - SETTLED IN FULL

Yorkshire Bank Current Accounts £2271.77 - Issued 30/6/06 - Default Judgement Issued - Warrant of Execution Requested

Capital One - LBA - £88 Knocked of Balance

Egg PPI - LBA

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in the letters i want to send for disclosure of transactions and charges who do i make the £10 payable to ?

first targets are

Yorkshire Bank VISA

Yorkshire Bank

Halifax Bank

What did the organisations say when you asked them?

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

i shred all my bank statements, therefore i need these bank statements to calculate how much they have charged me in the past,

so i thought i need to ask for these statements first so that i can calculate the charges and send the initial claim letter

or have i got things the wrong way round ? (im sure i havent)

Yorkshire Bank Current Accounts £2271.77 - Issued 30/6/06 - Default Judgement Issued - Warrant of Execution Requested

Egg PPI - LBA

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

sorted

;)

Egg PPI - LBA

quick question, cannot find any info on this

can i claim on a YB account that has defaulted, closed and that i have recieved and paid the CCJ ?

thanks

Egg PPI - LBA

You certainly can.....

If you happen to be on a DMP then you would need to take advice, but otherwise proceed as normal - FULL STEAM AHEAD

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

ah i am in a DMP - how should i procede with this ?

although this account and another yorkshire bank account has never been part of my DMP - my Visa account with YB is in the plan though

Egg PPI - LBA

I think you need to contact the people running your DMP to clarify things.

Just my personal opinion now, but hopefully the need to contact them is just to outline your position regarding the possible return of funds, which I imagine would then be divided between your creditors.

I would hope someone with greater knowledge of this point could point you (and indeed me) in the right direction, not least for future reference...

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

i shred all my bank statements, therefore i need these bank statements to calculate how much they have charged me in the past,

so i thought i need to ask for these statements first so that i can calculate the charges and send the initial claim letter

or have i got things the wrong way round ? (im sure i havent)

yes your right.

By the way you have to make your cheque for £10 out to each individual company separately.

I'm sure you could get away with sending one to the Halifox, and then one to Yorkshire asking for information its credit card division holds on you as well.

It may feel painful writing "please pay Halifax Bank ten pounds only" but don't worry you'll get this all back.

(Yes I work for a bank but am here to help! Please be nice to me! :))

Please read the DPDR letter template in the libary it is NOT your bank statements you are asking for as the bank charges for each statement .You are saying you will accept statements.It's all in the wording of the letter.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 1 month later...

DPA letter sent 14th May for Bank Accounts and Credit Card account

cheque cashed and now received 19th May a letter stating thanks, please allow us 40 days

tick tock

:)

Egg PPI - LBA

statements recieved

Bank Account 1 = £1464 worth of charges :eek: this account got closed and a ccj for around £500

Bank Account 2 = £304 worth of charges :o

initial letter leaving tomorrow

Egg PPI - LBA

Go for it Dan! Best of luck, and keep us posted.

PJ

Advice & opinions given by pjdudley69 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. Also visit legal seagulls for more friendly help and advice.

• 2 weeks later...

reply to initial request letter

we are looking into it, here is a leaflet you didnt ask for yada yada yada

lba will leave as usual etc

am i ok to increase the time frame in my LBA to 21 days or i will begin court action so as to have the deadline fall on my pay day so that i can take the claim to money claim on the day the lba expires

?

Egg PPI - LBA

I don't think I've done anything spot on the date I was meant to, I'm always late with stuff. As long as the action you're taking is after & not before the stated deadline you'll be fine. After all, you've told them that if they don't play ball by a certain date you'll do this or that, haven't given a specific date for your next action.

Yorkshire Bank £2201.24 - Settled in full

My Abbey £731.34 - Settled in full

Hubby's Abbey £1239.49 - Settled in full

ta,

ill stick with 14 days so it doesnt look like im changing my time frame

Egg PPI - LBA

DPA reminder sent for Credit Card

has anyone else sent a dpa request for bank accounts and credit card accounts at the same tim under the £10 fee ?

just making sure i dont have to make two payments ?

thanks

Egg PPI - LBA

sod off letter recieved on day 14

just need to write out my list of charges today and lba will be gone :)

Egg PPI - LBA

lba gone

Egg PPI - LBA

here is the back ground

i had 2 accounts with the yorkshire bank,

got in financial trouble late 2004

account 1 was overdrawn by £421.22

account 2 was in credit by £228.35

at which point they transfered the credit from account 2 into account 1 and closed the account

which left a balance of £192.87

-------------

now, i was not very organised back then as i was drowning in other debts so i didnt save much paper work unfortunatly as it was easier to throw the mail away before reading

all i can find is a letter from July 2005 which refers to a Northampton County Court Case No and an amount of £345.93 which is plus £153.06

the only other letter i have unfortunatly is from February 06 when i had paid the final installment of £47.68 after arranging to pay via the court after having debt collectors at the door

---------------

the charges on this account are £1510 which i am already at the lba stage for and the account was defaulted for what i guess was the initial £192.87 i owed them

my question is:

what charges am i able to reclaim from Jeremy Sutcliffe (which i hear is YB's in house solicitors) if any ?

im pretty sure the debt was around £500 after the court stage

any advice is welcome

Egg PPI - LBA

I would say you could raise another claim as the case against you to repay the debt should never have been brought up, since the debt was made up of vtheir unlawful charges.

You should claim for all costs you incurred regarding this case, and get any defaults against you removed from your record.

[

what would be my first step ?

send Sutcliffes a DPA letter ?

Egg PPI - LBA

what would be my first step ?

send Sutcliffes a DPA letter ?

Would they hold details of your costs? If it's just the court costs I'm wondering if you could get this information from the court. What other costs exactly are you expecting to claim?

[

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks