• Tweets

• Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
    • Despite controversy China's Temu is becoming a global online shopping force.View the full article
    • The retailer has come under fire for an advert showing motorcyclists wearing trainers and doing wheelies.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Ruthbridge Ltd

devlin76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Letshelp,

If these morons attempt any further contact they will get their collars felt.Have given Jason /Julia/Emmanuel Amissah's details to the authorities.

Regards

If only. The cops really are not interested in this type of harassment it has all been tried before, but good luck anyway.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Hi Letshelp,

have emailed OFT with all details and to Met financial fraud unit lets hope to see

some cation complaint has been acknowledged.brigjacj

I have to ask - erm, why have you reported them to the Met Fraud Office? These people are after a stute barred debt are they not?

Michael

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--

No problems - I doubt the Met will involve themselves unless there was intended face to face threats. This company is well known for saying unbelievable things to break people down and scare them. There are so many posts about them on many boards including CAG. They blatantly lie, are rude, bluff their way through and I'm sure many do pay up to get them off their backs. The OFT should do the trick but alas nothing ever happens fast does it?

Michael

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--

Hi Letshelp,

have emailed OFT with all details and to Met financial fraud unit lets hope to see

some cation complaint has been acknowledged.brigjacj

As I said good luck with yourt efforts, I hope this doesn't end with, 'I told you so'.

regards

collecting or attempting to do so fine but the methods used can and do fall into a number of criminal areas.

With respect it called measured responce. The problem with going too far too quickly is that those you contact see you in a different light later when there's a real problem.

I have a letter from these people. I have no intention of even communicating with them. They will not be sending men in black coats, shades with tommy-guns to my home. ;) By ignoring them I have probably solved the problem - another letter filed.

MIchael

keep on reporting this mob and use names known Emmanuel Amissah/Jason Evans and any other names on letters seems they may all be the same crook.

report to T .standards OFT and police if threats are made.And local County Court if they claim to be certificated bailiffs. No CC Warrant no bailiff.Criminal offence to claim to be officer of court. MAKE A NOISE TO PUT THEM DOWN!!!

This might be helpful:

Ruthbridge Ltd

It's quite a large operation.

Michael

Hi Michael not large enough to be brought down by the oppressed people persecuted by a corrupt company seems like a one man band with a lot of silly names. Ex Military Provost supporting our troops

Okay my final views on this...

This company does exactly what other DCA's do.

The fact that they are normally there when time has/is running out makes then do what they do the way they do it. They send you a letter. If you reply then you effectively open a discussion 'channel' with them. They seize this opportunity and progress in a way to worry and scare you - that's what they do. As far as they are concerned if you are the person on their trace records and they find you what do you think they are going to do?

The fact they might cross the line is a risk 'they' take. You can stop this by taking the right action if it is required. That means this is a civil matter and not criminal. They say what they say and their defence will be that they are taking all steps and means to assure their client of a return of outstanding debts. You can take them to Trading Standards, the OFT, the FOS, the FSA and or the ICO and to County Court too. However you have to decide on the related evidence you have what course of action (if any) to take and with which body.

You will need preferably recordings of all the calls with them, a log of all communication, dates and times, both verbal and written. Do you have that? If so and there's enough evidence then proceed and take what civil action you need to. You will of course need in that civil action to show good, just and valid reasons for going to the Police too. You will need to decide and declare what you actually want as an end resolution to be.

Michael

Edited by InformedSearcher

it WILL end in i told you so

people should wind their necks in and stop wasting their time trying to get the police involved in civil debts- it isn't fraud and they wont get involved

to diddydick if we all'wind our necks in over misuse of telecoms for threats and abuse **** like ruthbridge will prosper (do u work for them?)

Threats and abuse on the phone is an offence!!

I have to agree with diddydicky and IS on this matter. You could get OFCOM involved if you feel that a misuse of the telecom is involved.

Many others have tried to involve the police and they just arent interested.

Brig, can I suggest you start a thread of your own to discuss this subject further if you feel it is important. devlin76 asked for help and the off topic subject is not helping.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Please don't listen to people telling that its all a civil matter you that you can't

report harassment by telephone or letter to the authorities including the police,the more people who report threats of any sort might just spur the authorities in to action write to your chief constable if met with apathy locally.

The over whelming evidence on this site alone should by all be reviewed by the regulating authorities. Contact ofcom,the oft. your local trading standards dept.

Make Rutbridges Emmanuel Amissahs' live as much a misery as he does yours and this applies to anyother company using the same tactics.lets stand up for ourselves!!!!!!

to diddydick if we all'wind our necks in over misuse of telecoms for threats and abuse **** like ruthbridge will prosper (do u work for them?)

Threats and abuse on the phone is an offence!!

no matey i don't

1/ what you might call "threats and abuse" on the phone- will probably not amount to a criminal offence- and unless you have recorded it would be useless anyway

2/ the advise for phone abuse from the police will always be- dont talk to them-put the phone down, and/or contact bt or your phone provider

the stock police response to telephone and doorsetp harrasment (unless a breach of the peace has occurred) will be to consult a solicitor.

My contacts tell me otherwise many prosecutions are brought because of threatening phone calls from individuals let alone so called licensed companies

like u seem to me to be supporting!!

prosecutions for threatening phone calls are almost exclusively brought by BT (well they were when i was a serving policeman)! and i wouldnt personally say that there were that many, however i bow to the superior knowledge of your "contacts"

How can this company threaten bankruptcy proceedings and to put a charge on your property if your original CCA was an unsecured agreement, I mean if you agreed to accept the credit card on the grounds that in the event of default your property would never be at risk, how can a creditor then ask a court to put a charge on your property.

These guys threaten anything that will frighten you into paying. They are not concerned with the rights and wrongs of their threats. It is mostly bluff and bluster.

regards

• 2 months later...
keep on reporting this mob and use names known Emmanuel Amissah/Jason Evans and any other names on letters seems they may all be the same crook.

report to T .standards OFT and police if threats are made.And local County Court if they claim to be certificated bailiffs. No CC Warrant no bailiff.Criminal offence to claim to be officer of court. MAKE A NOISE TO PUT THEM DOWN!!!

i think you are getting bailiffs and debt collectors mixed up

for all the stories on these forums- it is very rare for a debt collector to be anything other than within the law in calling on clients to discuss/collect debts

a bailiff in any event is not allowed to be involved in debt collection

havent posted for a long time but here goes. We had hassle from these guys several years ago and had lots of dealings with the nice Jason Evans. They threatened Baliffs, bankruptcy etc on a debt we nothing about sent SAR and requested copy of credit agreement and amazingly nothing happened apart from they used the cash against the debt which our letter clearly stated was not to happen. They have since passed this on to 5 different collection agencies which i now totally ignore as i know this is not even a valid debt.

I did report this to our local trading standards and they did take it very seriously and also lucky for me (in a very sad way). the police were at my property during one of the telephone calls which was on loudspeaker and they couldnt believe what they were hearing, again they took this matter very seriously as they saw it as threatening behaviour and also contacted them on my behalf. The long and short of it is it is illegal foe anyone to enter onto your property (including garden and outbuildings) without your permission this extends to anyone. Unless you revoke permission then it is taken that you have goven these people right of passage on your property so if they start giving you all their blurb please stick a letter in the post to them stating under no circumstane are any of their staff or designated staff allowed on your property. Dont know if this applies to all areas of the uk but by what the police told us it is. Not that you really need to go to this extreme its all talk on their behalf anyway they will try any lie to scare you into paying and they get worse the more you fight back. Just rest in the knowledge that 95% of the debts they chase are either invalid and dont actually excist or they are un enforceabe for a million different reasons.

So in brief a message to all chased by these jokers forget them, dont worry about anything they say as there isnt an acurate word comes from their lips. Hope that manages to put a few demons to bed;)

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help.

I have today received a letter from Ruthbridge adressed to 'The Occupier' with our address slightly wrong (postcode and spelling).

This simply requests that we ring immediately and gives a reference number.

Having read some of the forums i believe this probably refers to a debt my partner holds for a car from approximately 5 years ago. He has been paying this off but admittedly in a sporadic fashion.

I have no intention of ringing Ruthbridge (after all i've read!) but we are trying very hard to straighten out our finances and I'm very worried about this and how much extra charge they are likely to add. It's making me so upset.

Could anyone help with the best way forward at this point?

Thanks