Ruthbridge Ltd

devlin76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi CAG,

This morning i recieved a letter from Ruthbridge Ltd addressed to the occupier. As i currently with with my parents mymother opened the letter and phoned the number...0800 688 8310 to see what it concerned as the letter and envelope did not reveal any evidence of what this company were about. She was told she wasnt the one they needed it was me they wanted. The guy asked her several questions and being suspicious my mother made no offer of information they required and the guy got quite shirty. My mum told me of the letter so when i got home i telephoned them myself im not having a total stranger being shirty with her. He asked my name which i confirmed then my date of birth which i gave him also. Then he asked my address so i refused to tell him telling him i was between addresses. He then became argumentative and said i must have an address do i live in a cardoard box ? I told him not to get funny with me pal or ill come down to ur office and teach you in person a few manners. He then refused to tell me the nature of his actions and said that if i didnt tell him he had nothing else to say. I told him that was fine and to get stuffed. Since then i have heard nothing from him..i then googled the company and found all these complaints from other users and the info provided to the from yourselfs. Suffice to say if this jason geezer starts his bully boy tactics on me i as an ex bouncer of 20yrs experience will visit his office in Putney and show him exactly what a bully boy does.

Keep up the good work guys and for others out there worrying about Ruthbridge please dont worry about pond life.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, I've had a Ruthbridge Ltd letter except the letter I have received does not have my name, it just says To Occupier and has a reference number and asks me to contact them immediately. I do owe Welcome Finance money (about £2000) but the debt is well over 6 years old and this is the first I've heard since then?

Should I contact them or ignore the letter?

i've also had one letter from them and today a second one claiming they will make me bankrupt. here's a little bit of a story:

i forgot about a debt, after moving house and changing bank accounts, and sent a CCA to the pursuers (can't remember the name), anyway they replied to the CCA within the 12+2 days (which surprised me), i never replied to this, and strangely enough they didn't contact me again.

it was clearly my debt and i posted the CCA on this site, with the suggestion from one or two posters that the CCA might be legaly flimsy because of the way the interest is calculated.

now ruthbridge have contacted me, offering a 50% reduction in amount if settled within 7 days. it is quite a small debt, and i could afford this at a push. question is are they reliable? will my account with this debt really show up as "settled" with all other agencies as they promise or is it just another [problem], and they will suddenly find themselves keen to get teh other 50%? the new settle amount is roughly what i owed when i forgot about it, and deletes all the rediculous interest that i was not intending to pay. i don't mind paying if this is genuine.

look forward to hearing any advice. the other option i have is to hang on

for statute barred which is still another 2 years away.

thanks,

d.

i've also had one letter from them and today a second one claiming they will make me bankrupt. here's a little bit of a story:

i forgot about a debt, after moving house and changing bank accounts, and sent a CCA to the pursuers (can't remember the name), anyway they replied to the CCA within the 12+2 days (which surprised me), i never replied to this, and strangely enough they didn't contact me again.

it was clearly my debt and i posted the CCA on this site, with the suggestion from one or two posters that the CCA might be legaly flimsy because of the way the interest is calculated.

now ruthbridge have contacted me, offering a 50% reduction in amount if settled within 7 days. it is quite a small debt, and i could afford this at a push. question is are they reliable? will my account with this debt really show up as "settled" with all other agencies as they promise or is it just another [problem], and they will suddenly find themselves keen to get teh other 50%? the new settle amount is roughly what i owed when i forgot about it, and deletes all the rediculous interest that i was not intending to pay. i don't mind paying if this is genuine.

look forward to hearing any advice. the other option i have is to hang on

for statute barred which is still another 2 years away.

thanks,

d.

how big is the debt? if it is under 750 they cannot make you bankrupt

offer them the difference between 749 and what you owe as "full and final settlement of this and all matters between us"

A statutory demand will not succeed if the debt is in genuine dispute but even if not

if they dont accept and they issue a stat demand 9which they ahev to do to make you bankrupt) THEN pay this amount to them and tell them to F**k off

ok i got you, so if i paid them the total, less 749 i would owe them 749 but this would be an amount they could not bankrupt me over right?

but i thought that someone could bankrupt you for any money if the total you owed other creditors was included also? like if i owed them 749 plus my mortgae was xx they include this, or am i mistaken?

ok i got you, so if i paid them the total, less 749 i would owe them 749 but this would be an amount they could not bankrupt me over right?

but i thought that someone could bankrupt you for any money if the total you owed other creditors was included also? like if i owed them 749 plus my mortgae was xx they include this, or am i mistaken?

UNTIL such time as one creditor petitions for your Bankruptcy-it is of no concern to your other creditors - however before you can be made bankrupt the creditor seeking to do so must have an UNDISPUTED unpaid debt of at least 750 outstanding otherwise he cannot issue the Statutory demand that is required to start the ball rolling

(well in theory he CAN- but it will cost him around 700 quid to do so and he would get slapped down very heavily for wasting the courts time as this would be views as vexatious)

Nor can he bump up the amount owing by adding charges to take it over the 750.

In THEORY a group of creditors could get together but it just does NOT happen in personal cases- this only ever happens in reality in business bankruptcies

Hope that puts your mind at rest

Edited by diddydicky

If Ruthbridge tried to make you bankrupt for just a few hundred quid it would cost them almost as much to start the legal process and there is no certainty they would get any money back. They would be very very stupid to even try. They know this and are just trying to frighten you into paying what they think they can get away with. Unless they have proper documentation there is no need to make any offer of payment. Its their fault if they are chasing a debt which is unenforceable.

If Ruthbridge tried to make you bankrupt for just a few hundred quid it would cost them almost as much to start the legal process and there is no certainty they would get any money back. They would be very very stupid to even try. They know this and are just trying to frighten you into paying what they think they can get away with. Unless they have proper documentation there is no need to make any offer of payment. Its their fault if they are chasing a debt which is unenforceable.

the directors also have a fiduciary duty to the shareholders

they would have a hard time explaining that they paid 1600 quid to recover an 800 debt- none of which would actually be recovered!!

• 4 weeks later...

HI

I have recieved a letter from Ruthbridge Ltd this morning, 23rd November 2009. It states I have been traced to this address and to please contact their legal department on 02087343594. It has a reference number but no company name or amount I owe. After reading other post's i am not going to fall in to the trap of phoning them, just to be abused.

Where do I go from here? All help gratefully appreciated

Hi, Ruthbridge are sending letters to my daughter in her maiden name not used for 11 years. supposedly signed by Jason Evans Quoting a ref form Cabot

Financial Europe Ltd.Assigned from Monument Regarding a credit card.

Requesting her to call to discuss matters raised in previous letters.I have told Ruthbridge no to attempt any contact by phone or visit.

She has never heard of Cabot or Monument.any ideas of next move please

One should remember that this company as well as others cannot do anything about statute barred debts. They all know this but think if they can get the right person there is glimmer of repayment. The fact they threaten loads of things is pure hot air as they cannot do anything. They breach guidelines daily, have been mentioned on Watchdog but alas are still able to operate - a mistake in itself.

This morning I got one of those 'Occupier' letters and know it has to referto me. Date stamped and filed however there are connections between this DCA and 'Clarity' and 'Mackenzie Hall' and 'Cabot' - all IMHO 'dirty tricks' players with Clarity and MH going against the DPA by entering 'Outstanding Debt' on CRA file searches when known to be statute barred. Ruthbridge are cunning though in the way they do their business.

Michael

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--

what these companies have is a very good sales proposition -it's called the "numbers game"

by 1000 SB debts

send out 1000 threatening letters

get 100 people to pay up in full

get 50 people to pay in installments

get 500 people with no response at all

get 350 caggers tell you to F*** Off

result- nice business if you can get it

just received a call from Fredrickson International ltd on an exdirectory no.

asked for date of birth and post code this mob appear to be associated with

Lowell,Brian Carter, Cabot et al.

How can they gain access to with held no'S also ruthbridge phoned on a mobile no. which is new. all these crooks seem to be linked.any body got suggestions ?

Ruthbridge are doing a lot of work for Cabot at the moment. Both firms appear to be desperate for money and will stop at nothing to get anyone to pay them something.

Jason Evans (or rather Emmanuel Amissah) will just have to understand one way or another that threatening hundreds of people with all sorts of legal action when you don't have any paperwork won't work. And it would only take one of those people to make a loud complaint to the boys in blue to bring your little [problem] to an end.

just received a call from Fredrickson International ltd on an exdirectory no.

asked for date of birth and post code this mob appear to be associated with

Lowell,Brian Carter, Cabot et al.

How can they gain access to with held no'S also ruthbridge phoned on a mobile no. which is new. all these crooks seem to be linked.any body got suggestions ?

Well from the 1st level lender the details are passed on/down. If you take on a debt (however many levels down) you expect to receive all the original main data excluding internal/working information. Something like buying a car that you expect to be fully intact as it was originally. So they get a full overview, your details as they have them and off they go to attempt to make your life a living nightmare.

I always think on the terms of 'okay if these (faceless) characters can be rude and nasty and occasionally downright scary to me I can only please them with the same in return'. I have to admit I've not yet seen any take humans or pets as hostage yet! LOL

Michael

p.s. don't answer their security questions to test 'em out

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--

Hi Brigjacj,

Next time they call insist they go through 'your security', ask them questions such as:

What is your full name

What is your DOB

What is your home telephone number

What is your inside leg measurement

How do you sleep at night doing this job

They will soon get the message about calling you on the telephone.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.