• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Ruthbridge Ltd

devlin76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Site Team,

Can Keyes Thread be moved for her so she can get advice and support.

Hi Keyes,

The cops are mistaking debt collectors for bailiffs. Sad, but even the cops don't know what they are talking about.

regards

Edited by letshelp

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

hi i had an old cc £1250 debt which i was paying a debt collecting agency at £10 p/m the agent says it was stopped .around 6 months later ruthbridge started sending bankrupchy letters im a home owner with mortgage can they enforce any advice please.

• 2 weeks later...

l have been having letters from ruthbridge ltd saying that if l do not pay them £3976 by the 18/12/08 they are going to start backruptcy order. l was so so upset l can not sleep was thinking where l am going to find that sort of money now. and they always say without prejudice and sign by mr jason evans. it is now the 16/12/08 what can l do. can they do it bankruptcy me? pls someone help me

Hi Jane and welcome to CAG,

If you read through this and other threads relating to Ruthbridge, you will quickly notice a pattern of threatening letters, always the same, Bankruptcy. This threat is as empty as the heads of the people making them. There is No Jason Evans it is a made up name. If you ignore them they will eventually go away. Whatever you do, DO NOT TELEPHONE THEM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. You will be verablly abused, threatened and bullied, probably called a liar no matter what you say. They are NOT going to make you bankrupt.

Keep all the letters they send they often breach guidelines and regulations. Please don't lose any sleep or worry about this nonsense. I have had a least 5 letters from them threatening evrything from bankruptcy to killing my cat, that was 18 months ago, and yes still waiting for something to happen.

regards

• 4 weeks later...

Glad i havent got a cat, but they did threaten to come to grandmothers funeral with a bankruptcy order. That was almost 2 years ago and although poor old granny is now floating in the wind i think ruthbridge must have got lost cos they never appeared. Its such a shame its about the first time i had actually got dressed up smart in years!!

Hello there all, I am new to this site and have joined due to recieving a letter from apparently "Express Delivery" so I phoned the number asking me to call urgently, on doing so I was informed that they had a letter held there for myself that was attempted delivery to my previous address and they needed to confirm my name, address & telephone number which I did, after doing so I questioned how the company had my previous address and asked the name of the company on which they replied "let me just double check, 'Ruthbridge Ltd' is the name but I am afraid I can not open the letter we are not allowed to here" I came off the phone confused as to why they would of thought I would of wanted them to open the letter in the first place. I searched the name 'Ruthbridge' on the web and all complaints came up regarding the company and details of old debts at which they were trying thier best via evil commands and threats to get people to pay out. I phoned back 'Express Delivery' as I had heard the name before and remembered an advert on TV so took at as a ligitimat company, I explained to them that I had given my details to someone there and I had read all bad posts about the company 'Ruthbridge' and asked if they could not disclose my telephone number to the company as I had read reports saying NOT TO CONTACT THEM VIA PHONE and was promised that my details were for 'Express Delivery' and not for 'Ruthbridge'. I thanked the gentleman and he replied "No thank you for notifying us of this company, we have only just started dealing with them before xmas so thank you for telling us" he was almost laughing. I came off the phone AGAIN feeling that somthing was not right and have realised that low and behold the gentleman (I mean worm) was infact working for Ruthbridge the whole time and was trying to betray themselves as being a delivery company (I then remembered Express Delivery is the Daily Express advert, silly me) seperate to get all my details!!!! I phoned him straight back and gave him a bit of his own medicine!! As soon as he answered the phone I asked his name, he was taken back and replied "pardon" so I asked his name again which he replied "John Bailey" and as he asked me what I wanted his name for I hung up!!! He probably gave me a fake name anyway!!

I have only just started my journey with Ruthbridge and have not had the pleasure of a letter or telephone call yet but know they are on the way and to be honest I am ready and waiting!!!!!

I took a loan out 9 years ago with a company 'Welcome Finance' of just £500, I paid my loan back for around 18 months when I requested proof of all my payments and dates (as I was aware I was at or coming to the end of my loan) to which they couldnt produce!! I was angered by this and asked if I could have a settlement figure to get the loan out the way with and they wanted a £500 settlement figure!!!! I refused to pay a settlement figure of the loan I had originally taken out (which they said were late penalties, I was unaware of) and refused to pay them anymore payments unless they could prove all the amounts I had already paid, they threatened me with court which I welcomed due to the fact they were not applying with the rules and I heard NOTHING from Welcome Finance again!! Years back I recieved a letter from another debt company chasing payment on behalf of Welcome Finance again and my reaction then was leave them come and try to take anything from me!! Welcome couldnt so I couldnt see how they could!! Not just that but I dont own the home I live in, I dont own the car and I dont even have a bank account so how can anyone bankrupt or take anything from me????? I have had another loan over the years and paid it off in full with no problems like I had with Welcome, not long after Welcome were also on Watchdog too for similar reasons!! I thought that this debt was dealt with as they couldnt produce the documents and proof that I required, I thought I had paid it off and after they realised they couldnt take anymore off me they dropped it.

Low and behold years later I get this company Ruthbridge trying to do the same, I am so angry that they tried to pretend to be a seperate company and am sure that this is against fair trading??? I am wondering if I do have anything to worry about or are they AGAIN trying there luck??? I am dreading the letters and phone calls but at least I have all the messages on this forem to help me!! What do u make of my case and has anyone else had the experience of so called 'express Delivery'?? I would really appreciate your help

Now years

Edited by ralphie-ray

Hi Ralphie and welcome to CAG,

As you have found out 'Express Delivery' is in fact the debt tracing arm of Ruthbridge. Sadly you can now expect phone calls and numerous letters threatening bankruptcy.

DO NOT ENGAGE THEM ON THE TELEPHONE OR BY LETTER

As soon as they identify themselves on the phone hang up. Do not confirm your details over the phone to them.

Any worries post back here for support and advice.

regards

hi

ive just received a letter this morning addressed to "the occupier"

its headlined EXPRESS DELIVERY then goes on to say URGENT please contact the undersigned immediately on telephone number 02087343569 quoting reference number......... all calls will be charged at the national rate. yours sincerely JULIE EDWARDS operations controller.

at the bottom they have an registered office: 13 princeton court, 53-55 felsham road, putney, london. sw15 1az. registered in england no: 292 0861.

express delivery is a trading style of RUTHBRIDGE LIMITED.

i then looked them up on the net & found this forum.

i did have debt a few years ago but all over 7 years ago. i haven't called this number & have no intention to.

can anyone advise me further?

kind regards

Thank you 'Letshelp' for your advice but to be honest I am pregnant at the moment with raged hormones (lol) so I am more than ready to deal with them but will try my best to keep them at arms length. All the messages I have seen have mentioned letters and phone calls but no face to face action, please could someone correct me if I am wrong, only so I can be ready for that too. This web page has really helped me and has put me at ease so thank you to everyone!!!

Tank 55, do not contact them at all!! They are a badly run company with no tact at all!! Good luck with staying away from them, I wish I had checked the company on here before calling them but its too late for me now as I stupidly fell for it but again good luck!!

Thank u for all your advice (",)

i then looked them up on the net & found this forum.

i did have debt a few years ago but all over 7 years ago. i haven't called this number & have no intention to.

can anyone advise me further?

kind regards

Hi Tank and welcome to CAG,

If you have not made any payments or acknowledged this debt then it is statute barred which basically means it is unenforceable.

These are the usual ones that Ruthbridge pick up it is a last throw of the dice by these **** suckers. Just ignore them they will go away.

regards

but no face to face action, please could someone correct me if I am wrong, only so I can be ready for that too.

Nothing to worry about Ralphie,they will threaten doorstep visit but never ever appear, believe me I have had the full range off letters from these Jokers, which I obviously ignored and guess what happened,nothing, thats right absolute zero, still waiting!!!!

Good luck with the baby and don't let these scumbags upset you.

regards

Tank 58 in order to receive the appropriate help and advice on your situation you need to start your own thread otherwise your posts will get lost in this one. If you do not know how to start your own thread have a read here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 1 month later...

i've been reading alot on this thread after we received a letter in the post, it wasn't addressed to us, just 'the occupier', the letter was headed as express delivery and instructed that we should call them as it was urgent, there is some tiny print at the bottom of the page which indicates 'express delivery' is a trademark for ruthbridge.....so my question is this....do these people randomly pick on someone who may owe them money??? hahaha these people are a joke!!! the letter was signed miss julie edwards.....DONT PHONE THEM

• 4 weeks later...

I am new to this forum and would just like to comment on my dealings with Ruthbridge briefly. I have since Mar 08 had all the normal bankruptcy threats, letters addressed to the "occupier", phone calls, ignoring of the £1 I sent for the CCA (just taken off my alleged balance owing)phone calls, not prepared to correspond further etc etc. At the end of my tether I contacted FOS filled in complaint form and waited. Ruthbridge did eventually respond to my complaint, to which I replied, stating that I did not accept their version of events (a pack of lies) and was not happy with their response to my complaint. The FOS adjudicator (who initially handle complaints in the hope that disputes can be settled informally) then gave them over the course of a month 2 deadlines to respond in a satisfactory way or he would pass on complaint to an ombudsman (formal settlement). I have just received brilliant news from FOS Ruthbridge have finally backed down and accepted adjudicator's recommendations. They have closed my file and have been ordered to pay me £50 compensation for stress and harassment caused over the past year. So to everyone having problems with these idiots (Charlie Taylor/Mr Maxwell etc) persevere. They cannot touch you. They are bullies and liars.

I am new to this forum and would just like to comment on my dealings with Ruthbridge briefly. I have since Mar 08 had all the normal bankruptcy threats, letters addressed to the "occupier", phone calls, ignoring of the £1 I sent for the CCA (just taken off my alleged balance owing)phone calls, not prepared to correspond further etc etc. At the end of my tether I contacted FOS filled in complaint form and waited. Ruthbridge did eventually respond to my complaint, to which I replied, stating that I did not accept their version of events (a pack of lies) and was not happy with their response to my complaint. The FOS adjudicator (who initially handle complaints in the hope that disputes can be settled informally) then gave them over the course of a month 2 deadlines to respond in a satisfactory way or he would pass on complaint to an ombudsman (formal settlement). I have just received brilliant news from FOS Ruthbridge have finally backed down and accepted adjudicator's recommendations. They have closed my file and have been ordered to pay me £50 compensation for stress and harassment caused over the past year. So to everyone having problems with these idiots (Charlie Taylor/Mr Maxwell etc) persevere. They cannot touch you. They are bullies and liars.

Excellent result, start sending your threatening letters immediately, don't forget the threats of bankruptcy.

MOST IMPORTANT telephone them at once, use your most arrogant and rude tone of voice, call them liars and thieves and ask for payment NOW.

regards

• 2 weeks later...

I need some urgent advice. I recieved a letter this morning from Ruthbridge marked urgent addressed to the occupier asking me to contact the undersigned quoting a reference number, Rather stupidly and naivley I did this to find out they are a debt collecter? They are trying to get me to pay for a loan that I had with the Halifax over 5 years ago. To cut a long story short I did not run away from this debt, it was Halifax that stopped collecting payments from my bank account and I left this account open for a number of months. I have moved address several times and this is the first I have heard anything about this debt for five years. I currently have an excellent credit score and have recently bought a house. When we applied for a morgage we initially applied to the halifax and they agreed to it and then when it went to the under writers they refused to give us the morgage, they would not inform us why this was and I could only assume at the time it was because of this outstanding loan. I was under the impression that they must have accidently deleted my loan when I closed a seperate bank account with them and that is why they stopped collecting payments. Ruthbridge have threatend me with bankrupcy and have told me that one of their legal people will be contacting me on monday? I have read other threads stating DO NOT SPEAK TO THESE PEOPLE VIA TELEPHONE and am now unsure what to do when they call on Monday. I really cannot take the risk of being taken to court and being made bankrupt, I am a police officer and will lose my job if this happens not to mention my home etc. I have had telephone advice stating that I can offer a settlement figure that is considerably less than I owe should I try this or should I just pay what they are saying I owe and get rid of them???? Any advice will be very much appreciated.

Hi PcPlod,

You will have read (I hope) previous threads regarding Ruthbridge.

First they ALWAYS threaten bankruptcy. I have had all their letters including the one from their pretent delivery company. It is quite safe to ignore Ruthbridge.

DO NOT contact them by telephone they will abuse you and threaten you with everything from bankruptcy to killing your cat.

Most of the debts that Ruthbridge take on are usually statute barred so if you have not acknowledged the debt or made any payment towards it within the last 6 years it is basically unenforceable.

If you ignore Ruthbridge and all their threats they will eventually go away.

I apprecaite the position you are in as regards your job and house, but just see what happens before deciding what you want to do, and don't be intimidated by their letters.

regards

Talk of threats from these clowns, i'm being chased for a st barred account and they dont even know where I live, yet i've been getting messages on my mobile (the same no i've had for 10yrs so they got one thing right yet see below)the latest threat contains the following :-

A) They have court dates for me and I must call them to get the dates in order to appear.

B) If I dont call them for these ficticious court dates then a warrant will be issued for my arrest when I dont appear.

C) It is a crimnal offence not to appear at this court hearing.

D) They obtained this mobile number from the mobile company (I work for one, I know that wouldnt happen let alone it be legal)

Oh my goodness me. I have never heard so much rubbish in my life.

Should I save this message to be used against them, surely lying like this is a breach of some sort of code?