Ruthbridge Ltd

devlin76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello everyone.

I have also received a treatening letter from ruthbridge about a debt i had from like 9-10 years ago. Also this debt was in my maiden name. It was for barclaycard visa. I just wanted to know what i can do. I did phone them, but the person i spoke to was very demanding and said the full amount had to be settled or i will be bancrupt aswell. Also he said that they will check whether i'm a homeowner or even contact DVLA to see if i own a car on my name that they could reposses. I was very upset and think that these people are very evil. If i did have the money i would pay,but unfortunately i do not have any savings. Could some one please tell me what to do. He also said that the bailiffs will come round on the 25th April 2008 and see if there was anything worth taking to cover the debt. I suffer from panic attacks and had 2 attacks because of this matter. What can i do??????

CIGGY dont worry about these bullies. The golden rule is never to speak to them on the phone, but I guess you know that now. The debt is Statute Barred and they can do diddly squat about it. They cannot make you bankrupt for a Statute Barred Debt. They cannot seize your car. They cannot send Baliffs round, Balliffs are appointed by the Court and are only used if you get a county court judgement and do not pay it. Ruthless will NOT get a County Court Judgement on a Statute Barred Debt. A Statute Barred Debt is not enforcable. Send them the Statute Barred letter by recorded delivery. Do not sign the letter. Coime back to us when they respond. In the meantime if they telephone you just hang up on them. Do make a note of the date and time of the calls.

Dear Sir/Madam

Acc/Ref No

You have contacted us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by ourselves.

We would point out that under the Limitation Act 1980 Section 5 “an action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued.”

We would also point out that the OFT say under their Debt Collection Guidance on statute barred debt that “it is unfair to pursue the debt if the debtor has heard nothing from the creditor during the relevant limitation period”.

The last payment of this alleged debt was made over six years ago and no further acknowledgement or payment has been made since that time. Unless you can provide evidence of payment or written contact from us in the relevant period under Section 5 of the Limitation Act, we suggest that you are no longer able to take any court action against us to recover the alleged amount claimed.

The OFT Debt Collection Guidance states further that “continuing to press for payment after a debtor has stated that they will not be paying a debt because it is statute barred could amount to harassment contrary to section 40 (1) of the Administration of Justice Act 1970”.

We await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed and that no further contact will be made concerning the above account after that last letter.

We look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Can anyone help????

I have a debt of £7000 with which was taken out in 2003, I lost my job in 2004 but manged to keep up with the repayments untill finally I could no longer afford to pay. I contacted Egg as I had payment protection but was told the insurance wouldn't pay out. The debt was then sold on and I also moved address and didn't keep up with the repayments.

Recently a letter was forwarded from a previous address (my folks home) from Ruthbridge to me asking me to contact them which I did by telephone, I explained that I no longer lived at the address they had sent the corrospondence to but the didn't take my current address. I was told that a Mr Blair would be contacting asap but no call came. I received another letter from Ruthbridge again sent to the wrong address again asking me to contact them which I did, but again I was told Mr Blair would call me back and again I heard nothing. I then received a letter saying that I had not tried to contact them and unless I do legal proceedings would be taken against me. I e-mailed Ruthbridge and sent a recorded letter telling them that I had been in contact but no one had got back in contact with me. I stupidly gave them my mobile number and within days I got a phone call from Mr Blair, he told me that I needed to pay £5800 or he'd make me bankrupt and that he would send people to all my previous address. This prompted me to call the national debt line and they advised me to refuse all phone contact and to send an income and outgoings form along with an offer of monthly payment which I did recored mail 2 weeks ago. Since then I have heard nothing not a phone call or letter. I am really worried and I don't know what to do next. Can anyone give me some advice???????

Right the first thing you need to do is to stop speaking to these ignorant cretins on the phone. The conversations you had with them are typical. As usual they are talking complete and utter bol***ks.

Mr Bliar has a lot of steps to go through before he can even think of bankruptcy. As for his threats of sending the boys round these are as empty as his head. Only a court can instruct balliffs and then only if you default on a CCJ. Send Ruthless a CCA request and take it from there, REMEMBER NEVER SPEAK TO THESE BARSTEWARDS ON THE PHONE

booch11 you need to start your own thread on your situation. If you don't know how to do this please read here

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

The so called, Jason Evans of Ruthbridge has so far sent me 3 letters with various threats of bankruptcy. This guy does not exist, you will notice it is a computer generated signature. I tried not to laugh too much when Ruthbridge told me in one of their letters tht they are not going to communicate with me any further, then, 5 days later they sent me another letter with more threats.

People, Ruthbridge are a joke, they are trying it on and relying on scaring you into giving them your hard earned, don't fall for it.

Happy to donate to a worthy cause thats why I donated to CAG

:)

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 1 month later...

please don't worry Ruthbridge are the biggest bunch of bluffers out there, they threatend me with bancruptcy many times, i had a partucularly nasty guy calling me called perter west. I held my ground, sent the letters and haven't heard anything from them since. Now the debt is 8 years old and so is statute barred. Theyu are just bullying you and you'll be fine.

• 1 month later...

hi all

just joined this forum after reading all of the helpful but disturbing posts.

I recieved a letter from [edited] jason evans yesterday and it said LETTER BEFORE ACTION so what did i do i called the number i was told that derek maxwell was not available and was asked to leave my number!!!!

i called them back today as i hadn't heard anything and i was put through to mr maxwell who then started shouting the bankrupcy thing told me to get a solicitor and put the phone down on me so i called back as at this point i was unaware of this [edited] company.

I spoke with him again and he advise he would call the company i owed money to and ask them if i could pay by installments at this point i was crying fearing for my home and new born baby when baliffs were threatened. He told me all he could do was contact the company couldnt promise anything and he put the phone down.

I haven't heard anything back today however i thought it was all a bit dodgy so goggled the company and found this very useful site thank you everyone.

I have now sent off my £1 postal order requesting my cca and await a reply i have had no contact off anyone regarding the debt since 2003 so he said i'm gonna stick to my guns and tell them where to shove it

I think the owner is known by lots of names [edited]- if you google the ruthbridge ltd and scroll down you'll find his mobile number [edited].

Thanks to you all once again:-)

Edited by jonni2bad

If they continue to harrass you by telephone....let us know...be warned they WILL LIE to frighten you into paying....!! STOP speaking to them on the phone unless you can record their conversations !!!

Re ODC's post regarding the lovable Derek M******. Do we need to have a collection for flowers and a nice bottle of wine in case he has gone off work sick?

OR

Can anyone put my mind at rest, and confirm that they have heard from him lately:D:D:D

Regards to all, and just to reiterate, DON'T EVER PHONE THEM

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, recently i received a letter from Ruthbridge telling me that i owe them £2,872.58 from a client named Cabot Financial Europe Limited. I don't know this company and never loaned from them. What I possibly could think of is this could maybe my long time unpaid credit card from Littlewoods way back i think 2004. I moved house 3times and I must admit, due to struggling paying loans and all that, I wasn't able to pay Littlewoods. Now here comes Ruthbridge threatening that they would declare me bankrupt. First I don't have any mortgage, I only rent. I tried to contact them thru telephone today but no one seemed available to take the call so I hanged up. What will I do? I've read some of the advice here already. Where and how can i get a CCA request?

Hi, recently i received a letter from Ruthbridge telling me that i owe them £2,872.58 from a client named Cabot Financial Europe Limited. I don't know this company and never loaned from them. What I possibly could think of is this could maybe my long time unpaid credit card from Littlewoods way back i think 2004. I moved house 3times and I must admit, due to struggling paying loans and all that, I wasn't able to pay Littlewoods. Now here comes Ruthbridge threatening that they would declare me bankrupt. First I don't have any mortgage, I only rent. I tried to contact them thru telephone today but no one seemed available to take the call so I hanged up. What will I do? I've read some of the advice here already. Where and how can i get a CCA request?
Ruthless ALWAYS threaten bankruptcy from the off. They dont even see whether Bankruptcy is worthwhile they just threaten it regardless.

Get the CCA letter off to them ASAP. Send a £1 postal order, send the letter recorded delivery and do not sign it. You should start your own thread on this so as your replies dont get mixed up. Remember NEVER SPEAK TO THESE BULLIES ON THE PHONE

Your street

District

County

Postcode

DATE

The Bank

Street

District

County

Postcode

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

With reference to the above agreement, I require that you provide me a true copy of the credit agreement

I am aware that section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 sets out clearly what is required to comply with my request and quote “shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it” For clarification I require a copy of the agreement, any terms and conditions from the time when the agreement was executed together with a copy of current terms and conditions and a copy of the cancellation notice if the agreement refers to “Your Right to Cancel” within it. I also require a statement of account as laid out also within Section 78(1).if there weren’t any terms and conditions then please confirm this in your response

I am entitled to receive the information on request. I enclose a payment of £1.00, which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I note that section 172 outlines that statements by creditors are binding where made under inter alia section 78(1) and I take this to be that any reply made in response to this request is binding upon you. Therefore you should ensure that all documents request are supplied. Any missing documents will be considered not part of the agreement and could therefore affect the enforceability of anything you send.

I understand that Consumer Credit (Prescribed Periods for Giving Information) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1569) at regulation 2 sets out the required time frame for compliance with this request as being 12 working days from receipt

Should you fail to comply with my request as outlined above, I shall consider the account in dispute. I am aware that where a creditor fails to supply the requested information the creditors rights to enforcement are restricted until such time as they comply. I am also aware that there are certain terms that are required to be within the “Agreement” and should these terms be mis-stated or not present the agreement can be rendered unenforceable in law.

Notwithstanding the above, I note that the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1557) at Regulation 3 allows the Signature box and signature to be omitted in a copy document but the copy document must contain all the terms off the agreement contained within the signed executed original document

I respectfully request that you provide a copy of the original agreement signed by myself that you hold on file and while I accept that you can omit the signature box for the purposes of compliance with my request, you will be aware that any challenge to the agreement in court would require the signed copy of the original agreement. If you still reject this, please provide clarification on the status of the Original Credit Agreement and confirm either that you hold the original signed agreement on file or a copy of it on microfliche or that you no longer hold the file

Also please provide details of who I may address a subject access request to under the Data Protection Act 1998 section 7 so that I may obtain a copy of the original agreement should you fail to forward a copy in respect of this request

Therefore I look forward to receiving this information within the time frames as indicated above

Yours faithfully

:) I will send this, thank you so much. I'll let you know what will be the outcome and if there will be anymore problems and threatening. Also, I'd like to seek an advice from you regarding Lowell Financial. At the moment, I responded to their letter in behalf of MBNA which at first had also threatened me with legal procedures, blah blah blah because I never knew anyone before who could help me until I found your website. I only owed MBNA £ 250.00 as my credit limit and probably only exceeded more or less a hundred pounds. Then, they charged me and charged me until i can no longer afford to pay them. They couldn't get hold of me when I moved house 3x last year and now Lowell Financial traced me and asked me to settle the amount of £1075.79 which now I am paying them £89.00/month for a year. I started only last May of this year. Is it worth paying the whole amount where I only owed MBNA £250.00?:( It's really a pain in my wallet, having to pay other household expenses too every month. :o Hope you can advice me regarding this one too. Thank you so much!!!

:) I will send this, thank you so much. I'll let you know what will be the outcome and if there will be anymore problems and threatening. Also, I'd like to seek an advice from you regarding Lowell Financial. At the moment, I responded to their letter in behalf of MBNA which at first had also threatened me with legal procedures, blah blah blah because I never knew anyone before who could help me until I found your website. I only owed MBNA £ 250.00 as my credit limit and probably only exceeded more or less a hundred pounds. Then, they charged me and charged me until i can no longer afford to pay them. They couldn't get hold of me when I moved house 3x last year and now Lowell Financial traced me and asked me to settle the amount of £1075.79 which now I am paying them £89.00/month for a year. I started only last May of this year. Is it worth paying the whole amount where I only owed MBNA £250.00?:( It's really a pain in my wallet, having to pay other household expenses too every month. :o Hope you can advice me regarding this one too. Thank you so much!!!
Aralitra please start a new thread for this. B asically I would send the above CCA letter to Lowells and see what if anything they come up with by way of a CCA. If after 12 working days they do not produce a valid properly executed CCA then you can legally stop paying them. If you find the monthly payment you are making is too much then lower it by cancelling the direct debit and setting up a standing order in an amount you can afford

This is my first time here - and I along with others have received a letter, out of the blue from Ruthbridge. I have always had an excellent credit history and so as far as I am aware, don't owe anyone anything, other than what I am paying for currently.

Firstly, I have read the advice given to others in detail and will send letter N asking for the CCA. However, there is another issue - the letter is addressed to 'my first name' 'initial' 'surname'. In this, they have not got my middle initial correct - and as I have a very common surname, presume that they have probably got the wrong person anyhow. I presume that I should mention this in my letter? They also have mentioned previous correspondance that I have not received and the letter goes like this (it is headed 'Letter before action'):

'We note that you have failed to respond to mail directed to you.

You have been traced as living at the address stated above. please contact our legal department immediately on.........

If you have not established contact with tis department within the next five days, our local agent will call at the above address.........'

I have lived at my current address for almost 10 years and have only had 3 or 4 addresses, so in fact shouldn't be hard to trace - this points even more to the debt being someone elses.

Your advice would be much appreciated.

They are on a phishing trip. Personally I would send them nothing until they send something more substantial. By the sounds of things they may or may not have a debt for someone with a similar name to yours which is probably Statute Barred

• 1 month later...

Hi, I came across this site yesterday after doing some research on this less than desirable company! My mother contacted me from the UK, as I live in Japan, and told me that she has received a letter from Ruthbridge stating I owe over GBP3k to Barclays Bank. Since I have lived abroad since 2003 and they have only lived at their address since December 2005, go figure! I have obviously never lived at this address and have no applications for any credit in the UK at this address. After reading your website I will contact my parents and let them know not to have any further dealings with this company and to block their number on their phone. Also, I have used the N template to send the company the said letter asking for the credit agreement.

I have also sent information to the Office of Fair Trading and to Barclays Bank asking if they actually do use this company. I would be shocked to discover that a company of Barclays' calibre used such a underhanded **** bag company who just use threats and bullying tactics to scare people. I put my Japanese address on the letter to send the company, and I know a letter can get here from UK inside 12 days, so I know the 12 day deadline still counts. Also I will have the letter tracked as being military it is sent from a military post office and will be registered upon delivery.

I have not contacted this company except to build this template letter.

On the other hand should my parents take any other action i.e. the police or write to Experian and Equifax to state they are the only people who have a right to any credit at their address and I have never lived there? Please help.

Hi inasia2008 and welcome to CAG,

You are right to tell your parents to ignore these scumbags and to block their number, because whatever you write to them they ignore. I would love to see their faces when they realise you are in Japan, perhaps you can get someone there to write your letter in Japanese:D

regards

LOL, thanks for the welcome! Should they also contact the credit reference people to update their information on their address do you think? Anyway I have a letter prepared to send them (template N) and the money will be in US dollars (it doesn't say what currency the GBP1 fee has to be in right)???? I am waiting to hear back from Barclays as I asked whether they actually do use a company such as this, if they do maybe this deserves a slot on one of those shows that investigates dirty dealings!

Maybe everyone on here should send me a template N letter and I will send them from Japan, with a "Japanese" address, that way this bunch of thugs will think everyone has moved to Japan, and if they send anyone around your house and you do happen to answer the door, pretend tobe someone else and say "oh sorry, Mr/Mrs Whoever has moved to Japan"!!!!

I think when they realise you are in Japan, they will quickly give up on this one, just make sure you tell your parents NOT to talk to them on the telephone and see what transpires. Any problems post back here.

regards