Chris_Smith v Halifax (HELP!!)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi peeps

I sent my prelim letter to 3 depts 14 days ago (which may have been a mistake??). I actually only got a response from the customer relations dept in Leeds who from previous experience are useless anyway. I would rather pursue ny branch manger (which is in Halifax anyway as I'm a born and bred Halifaxonian!!!) who didn't reply. Is this ok or should I go via customer relations as they responded? They responded with a letter that stated they were sorry I was unhappy blah, blah blah and under the FSA they had 8 weeks to investigate and respond (Tosh).

Also another question is how best to work the charges out as none of the templates work on my machine (Mac) and I dont and have never had a bank overdraft. I am claiming for £803 in returned DD charges!!

Any advice is brill

Thanks in advance as I must admit it is all a blur at the minute!! :shock:

Always send your letters (ensuring you have proof of postage) to Halifax plc Trinity Road, Halifax HX1 2RG. This is their head office and the address you will need to serve court papers (if necessary).

You don't need to mark it for anyone's attention. They will direct it to the relevant department.

On the schedule of charges spreadsheet begin by putting your account name, sort code and account number at the top. Then put Schedule of Claims For Charges. On the next row put Period: Then the date from and to.

Then fill in the list of all your charges: put the date of the charge, amount and details (normally Halifax write charges as notified on their statements - so just add that). Tally that up and send off to them.

You only need to add the 8% interest on if you serve them with court papers.

12-03-07 Halifax Received £1800

05-06-07 Halifax II Small Claim Served for £2503

Capital One - Won £768

Halifax Credit Card - Won £756

Thanks for that. But I sent 3 letters 2 weeks ago, one to customer relations, one to my branch manager and I emailed the chief exec. Only customer relations replied as I stated. I sent my schedule of charges with the first letter and will do so again.

My main grey area is the paragraph n the LBA letter which states my charges, the interest and the daily interest rate. Ive never had a bank overdraft so do I list the 8% interest in the LBA letter or not and how do I word it.

Also do I now change tack and write to head office. Please bear in mind I live in Halifax too!!! I would rather pursue my branch as he has had one letter already. I only sent them standar post and not recorded too. is this a mistake. Can someone please help me on this as I just end up confusing myself!!!!

Hand in your letters in person, take a friend if you wish for a witness as to delivery!

26/02/07 - Statement Request

06/03/07 - Prelim Sent (requesting £500)

20/03/07 - LBA Sent

04/04/07 - Started Court Claim (requesting £678:54 including 8% & Costs)

05/04/07 - Received Part Offer (£348 )

06/04/07 - Rejected Offer !

10/04/07 - Papers deemed served on Halifax. Have until 24/04/07 to admit ir defend.

11/04/07 - Halifax filed acknowledgement of service , intending to defend ALL of claim.

26/04/07- SETTLED IN FULL - INCLUDING COURT COSTS & INTEREST.

Thanks for that but I have been told to send all letters to Trinity Rd (Head Office) but I haven't sent one to them as my 1st post points out. What should I do?

Should I send the LBA letter to the customer relations dept or to the branch manger. My preference is the branch manger but the only reply I had from my prelim letter was the bog standard letter from Customer Relations dept saying they had 8 weeks to reply.

As previous post - send to the head office. They are obliged to forward them to the relevant dept on your behalf. From now on send all correspondence to that address. That way it will keep you right. Gain proof of postage so that you can prove you have sent the information and also that they have received it.

These are the guidelines given on the site, tried and tested. And they worked for me!

Capital One - Won £768

And your branch will only forward the information to the relevant dept. They will not deal with it directly.

Capital One - Won £768

Hi Chris

I'm new to all this too and will try to answer your qs about the DD's

I too haven't an overdraft on my account but loads of DD charges but am claiming the interest as I've been advised to myself previously - claim is still ongoing but I'd say "go for it all"

good luck

Just noticed I added up my schedule of charges wrong and it is now correct. Original sent said £830 but I should be claiming £908 - I missed recent DD charges of £39. What should I do, just send the correct version with the LBA letter??

Just keep adding them on and send them the schedule of charges.

You can continue to add on charges right up until you file in court.

Please click my scales if I have been any help.

Capital One - Won £768

Yes Chris, just send the corrected version at LBA stage, and inform them in your letter that this is the up-to-date figures/schedule of charges.

Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas

DAY 45: 27/10 - Data Non-Compliance sent off

DAY 67: 18/11 - N1 Deemed served

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70

59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80

179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs

254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi i did the same, i sent my prelim to my local branch and also not recorded, but have been advised to send all others recorded to the main address trinity road. I havent heard anything as yet back from my prelim and am due to send my LBA on the 20th. It it normal not to hear anything back at this stage? thnx.

Received a letter this morning offering me £800 against my claim of £908!! However they have based this offer from my 1st schedule of charges which I sent with prelim letter. This SOC was wrong and said my total was £830 - I had actually missed off 2 recent charges of £39 so with the LBA letter i sent updated SOC with new total of £908.

There offer and my LBA have crossed in the post so they are still working towards £830 figure. Should i take this offer of £800 or try for say £860 as I am entitled to the full £908.

What should I do or say as I'm going to ring on Sunday/Monday and the offer has come via useless customer relations in Leeds??? HELP!!

Hi Chris, irrespective of whether your original SOC was wrong or not, they have still come in short, even of the original figure. They will have received your LBA by now too. Nothing changes, give them a call on Monday and ask them to up the figure to the full amount of £908. If they say we won't, it's your decision what you do, but personally I wouldn't accept the lesser offer.

If you want to take what they have offered, then fine. But if you are hoping to get the lot, then just say fine, I'll proceed as normal and file a court claim in xx days.

Since there is not a huge difference, they may even raise the offer to the full amount over the phone. See how it goes. Call the number on the offer letter, even if it's customer services.

Let us know how you get on. My feelings on all this, as has always been, is if they can come close to the full amount, then they can pay the lot just as well :)

Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas

DAY 45: 27/10 - Data Non-Compliance sent off

DAY 67: 18/11 - N1 Deemed served

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70

59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80

179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs

254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.