style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,can anyone help :?:

Im a Disabled, single mom of three children. I currently rent my house from the local housing. Im not entitled to benifits so i have to pay full rent,as i recieve a Monthly CSA payment of my ex partner,which is sometimes late !!(housing informed of late payment) and thats were my problems start. As soon as my rent is a day late i get threatening letters from my Local housing office, the last once which was last month started with " NOTICE OF SEEKING POSSESION" Ive had a few of these, and the last time i informed the housing that i was going to get a solicitor as i feel victimised by the letters all the time, so this letter had stated in capitals "WITHOUT PREJUDICE", i dont know if there is anything i can do, but i really think its unfair, when i have always kept in constant contact over late CSA payments

Many Thanx if anyone has any ideas

Dear Molly

One of the grounds that allow landlord to seek possession is where the tenant has persistently delayed paying rent. The housing association must have reacted to your late rent payments in an automatic way, without considering your situation. There is no obligation on the to be sympathetic but there is a chance that they just may be persuaded to drop their possession action.

I would recommend the following steps:

- check your benefit entitlements again and again; for a disabled lone parent of three, your CSA payments would have to be truly high to means-tests you out of the Housing Benefit. Go to entitledto and use their automatic calculator PLUS visit local CAB for a benefit check.

-make an appointment with your housing officer and explain that if you were to be evicted, you'd have no option but to apply as homeless and place the burden on your local authority to re-house you. Do not be intimidated by their threat of "intentional homelessness" as you do make every effort to pay rent

-write along the same lines to your local authority's social housing department

-write to your MP and lay into CSA, your housing association, plead for his/hers assistance

-copy the above letters to your housing association

-finally, DO get a solicitor; possession action should always be treated seriously. Go to The Directory to find a local provider, make sure you click on the "legal aid" (LSC Funded Provider) option. You can also click on the Legal Help menu (on top) and go to Legal Aid Calculator to check if you qualify for legal aid.

Keep us posted.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanx joa

I only get the going rate for 3 children £412.00 a month. i get no housing benifit at all, and im not entitled to I/support because of the CSA payment, But i will act upon your advice and seek furthur help

Many Thanx.

I will keep you posted as to the outcome

Being in receipt of CSA does not automatically mean no Income Support. Also, Housing Benefit is much more generous in calculating entitlement then IS, so even if no IS, you may still qualify for HB.

CHECK and double check. I have seen too many people getting by on poverty level because of bad, inaccurate benefit advice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Being in receipt of CSA does not automatically mean no Income Support. Also, Housing Benefit is much more generous in calculating entitlement then IS, so even if no IS, you may still qualify for HB.

CHECK and double check. I have seen too many people getting by on poverty level because of bad, inaccurate benefit advice.

Molly 72

Do as Joa has suggested, you MUST be entitled to more. I am a single Parent currently unemployed. I rent privately and since my Redundancy I receive full Housing Benefit, full Council Tax Benefit, Income Support and Tax Credits.

http://www.entitledto.co.uk/

Use the above Benefit Checker to see what you should be getting!

den3371:p

Molly 72

Do as Joa has suggested, you MUST be entitled to more. I am a single Parent currently unemployed. I rent privately and since my Redundancy I receive full Housing Benefit, full Council Tax Benefit, Income Support and Tax Credits.

http://www.entitledto.co.uk/

Use the above Benefit Checker to see what you should be getting!

Thanx for the message, all i keep being told is because of the CSA payment i get im not entitled to anything, ive got a meeting this week with the CAb, so im hoping they might be able to help me a little

Thanks for all the help