Reclaiming catalogue late payment fees

claret74
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi just thought i'd let you know, i recently wrote to Studio cataloge requesting all my chrges to be refunded. I already had all my statements so just photocopied them and sent them off. Withhin 7 days i recieved a letter and a full refund was given to me :)

Cheers Becky

Could you tell me what wording you used?

Many thanks

• 2 months later...

hi,

can you tell me the first steps to take with late payment charges, i have been charged £25. for the last year, for most a day late payment,so my account goes up evry month due to £25 being added to my account,i dont seem to be getting my account paid due to these charges, do you think i have a chance in reclaiming ,kind regards kaydee

Hi

The 1st thing to do is to request your statements using a S.A.R. (subject access request) same as the ones used for claiming back from the banks - just read through it and add your personal details and change the bits where it says bank to the catalogue companies name.

1. Data Protection Act, Subject Access Request letter - List of charges - The Consumer Forums :smile:

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

Oh btw yes I do think you have a chance in reclaiming if you already have all your statements you don't need to send off for the S.A.R. just add up all the charges and have a good read through this thread and others:D to give you an idea of what other people have accomplished - Good luck Kaydee!

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

• 1 year later...

i have been reading this forum and i have been charged quite afew penalty charges i am now being asked to pay a minimum payment of £75 just because they have added these penalty fees on them, i have read what to do but the charge on the site is saying £10

Hi Natasha and welcome to CAG :)

The £10 is for a Subject Access Request (a legal request for all the data the company have on you which should include statements). If you already have all your statements, then there's no need to send this, simply add up all your charges. Is your debt with a Debt Collection Agency by any chance?

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my charges back from a catalogue, It was only £36.00 but its the principal in these things too.

I read through the posts, and am really grateful to everyone for all of the advice thats on there.

I started with emails quoting that they were being unfair in their default charges and that I hadn't actually signed any credit agreements, they argued back via email, and then I wrote to their head office and sent a letter to office of fair trading, I haven't actually had a letter back confirming they have credited the charges but I have checked the account and its clear.

So a big thank you to everyone for their posts.

JDW are also in the habit of sending out TWO letters - one a reminder and the next one. On the first one, they say if you dont pay, you will be charged £12 for the first letter and another £12 for the second. Is that fair?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I have won back all admin and late payment charges from two Littlewoods accounts, albeit it only cleared those amounts off my account - I did not suggest in Court that I wanted the cash.

I lost my case for PPI refunds as the Judge ruled that this is how catalogues make their money, the rules are in the small print in the back of the catalogues, and if I did not read that, then ignorance is not a case for refunds.

End of Story.

:cool:

• 1 year later...
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks